Bristol match thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Bristol match thread

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote:Have we written Balmain off completely then? Surely he rates above some of those mentioned!
Injured or not his position in the pecking order is under scrutiny with the change of position of Bateman to TH (and the level of what he can offer outside the scrum). With the arrival of a fit Cilliers too, Balmain could arguably drop to 4th or 5th choice on the TH and, given Bateman started at LH against Bath, he is rated above Balmain on that side of the scrum too. He's got a bit of a challenge on his hands, particularly when Logo is back.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
LE18 wrote:Have we written Balmain off completely then? Surely he rates above some of those mentioned!
Injured or not his position in the pecking order is under scrutiny with the change of position of Bateman to TH (and the level of what he can offer outside the scrum). With the arrival of a fit Cilliers too, Balmain could arguably drop to 4th or 5th choice on the TH and, given Bateman started at LH against Bath, he is rated above Balmain on that side of the scrum too. He's got a bit of a challenge on his hands, particularly when Logo is back.
Lots of rumours that he's heading for Gloucs for next season.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It's Wigglesworth. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

jgriffin wrote:It's Wigglesworth. :smt009
:smt017 :smt017 :smt015
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Talking of missing players anyone seen the RWC anniversary pics? Back, nobby, farmer Jules, mad dog, cozza, Ben Kay and Johnno himself. One short of a full pack on their own.

Times have changed. I think this is what I miss most. A full England pack in red green and white.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well with all our injuries and international call ups I will be very nervous about Friday night. Having been to our away games this season I know, and Bristol will know that Tigers away form is pretty poor. A full strength team( full as possible) is needed with a chance for combinations to gel even more before Saints. I will take any kind of win.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

+1
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

One concern I have about friday evenings match with Bristol is the fact that it will be the first time Ellis Genge will have been back to play at the place since leaving to come to the Tigers.
I don't think anyone would deny that he has a short fuse my worry is that he will be seriously tested by a Bristol team who are fully aware of his temperament.
Don't get me wrong I think he has the potential to be one of the best prop youngsters there is around, I just hope he & those around him can keep a lid on it on friday so we don't lose him on a yellow card at some stage in the game.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Manu on bench, Worth Starts at 15 but no O'Conner.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Evans starting aswell!!!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes a good team, hopefully O'Connor just rested, likewise McCaffrey who is on the bench.
Fantastic to see Manu back, hope he has a good 20 mins at 13, not 12, and shows he is ready to start v Saints next week.

I've asked this before but does anyone know if JPP, Veainu and Logo are back next week?
Soggypitch
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

England v Australia is the only remaining international so assume they are back for Saints
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Leicester Tigers (v Bristol Rugby, away, Friday 7.45pm)
15 George Worth
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Owen Williams
11 Tom Brady
10 Freddie Burns
9 Sam Harrison
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Greg Bateman
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Will Evans
8 Luke Hamilton

Replacements
16 Harry Thacker
17 Riccardo Brugnara
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Harry Wells
20 Lachlan McCaffrey
21 Jono Kitto
22 Manu Tuilagi
23 Jack Roberts
Tell you what, with the unavailability at loosehead we could be doing a lot worse that Brugnara.

Hoping O'Connor is rested rather than another tweak.

Sensible resting McCaffrey as otherwise he plays a lot.

Good opportunity for Worth.

The more we get Burns and Williams playing together in partnership, the better so I'm all for that.

And great to see Manu back :smt023
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Qbec wrote:One concern I have about friday evenings match with Bristol is the fact that it will be the first time Ellis Genge will have been back to play at the place since leaving to come to the Tigers.
I don't think anyone would deny that he has a short fuse my worry is that he will be seriously tested by a Bristol team who are fully aware of his temperament.
Don't get me wrong I think he has the potential to be one of the best prop youngsters there is around, I just hope he & those around him can keep a lid on it on friday so we don't lose him on a yellow card at some stage in the game.

Don't worry. He seems to huff and puff but doesn't blow anyones house down.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Bristol Rugby team to face Leicester Tigers at Ashton Gate on Friday, 25 November (7.45pm KO):

15. Jordan Williams; 14. Ryan Edwards, 13. Jason Woodward, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Jack Tovey; 10. Billy Searle, 9. Rhodri Williams; 1. Kyle Traynor, 2. Marc Jones, 3. Gaston Cortes, 4. Ian Evans, 5. Mark Sorenson, 6. Mitch Eadie, 7. Olly Robinson, 8. Jordan Crane (c).

Replacements: 16. Rob Hawkins, 17. Ryan Bevington, 18. Jamal Ford-Robinson, 19. James Phillips, 20. Jon Fisher, 21. Will Cliff, 22. Adrian Jarvis, 23. Jack Wallace.