Finger injury.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kelmat

Finger injury.

Post by kelmat »

Heres hoping that Horwells injury gets better fast. Anyone who got a close up of it (like me) were feeling quite sick! it looked as if it was ready to drop off !
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Finger injury.

Post by Iain »

I saw it on the big screen and have subsequently seen stills of it.

Man alive it was horrible! Fingers are not designed for hinging sideways.

Looking at his twitter, it appears he had successful surgery last night and it looks normal again.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I Hope i goes well for him, i had a similar finger injury when i was playing. now 35 years on i am having big problems with it.
kelmat

Post by kelmat »

Iain wrote:I saw it on the big screen and have subsequently seen stills of it.

Man alive it was horrible! Fingers are not designed for hinging sideways.

Looking at his twitter, it appears he had successful surgery last night and it looks normal again.
I think it was the bone sticking out that made a few feel sick !!
Nostradamus

Post by Nostradamus »

Noticed that he was looking away as well. Got to admire the man i would have been on oxygen at that stage. :smt041
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

What the heck...

It was a particularly fearsome rugby match with no quarter being asked for or given - especially in the forwards. After one 'no-holds-barred' ruck, a scream of pain was heard from the mêlée of bodies. The ref blew his whistle and the huge forwards disentangled themselves, leaving a large, lone figure on the ground - writhing in evident agony with his hands clasped together at his crotch.

The physio - a very pretty young lady - was swiftly by his side. The lock forward resisted her efforts to help him. She said, "Please allow me to help. I'm a physical therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you'd allow."

"Ummph, oooh, nnooo, I'll be all right...I'll be fine in a few minutes," he replied breathlessly as he remained in the foetal position - his hands still firmly ensconced between his legs.

But she persisted, and he finally allowed her to help him. She gently took his hands away, loosened his shorts and deftly put her hands inside. She began to massage him. As she felt his body relax she asked him, "How does that feel?"

Horwill replied, "M'donga feels great, Sheila, you little ripper - but my finger's about as useless as tits on a bull!"
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

strawclearer wrote:What the heck...

It was a particularly fearsome rugby match with no quarter being asked for or given - especially in the forwards. After one 'no-holds-barred' ruck, a scream of pain was heard from the mêlée of bodies. The ref blew his whistle and the huge forwards disentangled themselves, leaving a large, lone figure on the ground - writhing in evident agony with his hands clasped together at his crotch.

The physio - a very pretty young lady - was swiftly by his side. The lock forward resisted her efforts to help him. She said, "Please allow me to help. I'm a physical therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you'd allow."

"Ummph, oooh, nnooo, I'll be all right...I'll be fine in a few minutes," he replied breathlessly as he remained in the foetal position - his hands still firmly ensconced between his legs.

But she persisted, and he finally allowed her to help him. She gently took his hands away, loosened his shorts and deftly put her hands inside. She began to massage him. As she felt his body relax she asked him, "How does that feel?"

Horwill replied, "M'donga feels great, Sheila, you little ripper - but my finger's about as useless as tits on a bull!"
That's made my daY TY :smt023
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Having done a very similar thing to a finger after a bike accident I have to say it didn't hurt much. .........but the sight of it made me throw up at the time. Shock is a funny thing.

Your average Wendy baller would be screaming for oxygen.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Horwill's response was a marked contrast to Evans' rolling around on the floor extravaganza in the first half after what turned out to be a perfectly legal tackle by Genge. I do hope he was in genuine pain and not trying to convince the officials to "go upstairs".
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

It hasn't been shown, but Ben Smith suffered a similar injury towards the end of Ireland v ABs.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

A tweet from Nick Mullins:

"And the most eyebrow-raising bit of team news this lunchtime? James Horwill, whose finger fell off last Sunday, will be fit again next week."

Top bloke! Mind that :smt018
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives