Tigers v Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brianf

Tigers v Quins

Post by Brianf »

Referee for the game is Craig Maxwell-Keys (24th Premiership game). Assistant Referees: Paul Burton & Nigel Carrick. TMO: David Grashoff
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Quins

Post by Iain »

On a Sunday? Doesn't he have homework to complete on that day?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So with the amount of injuries prob looking at a team of.

1) Ayerza
2) Youngs
3) Bateman
4) Slater
5) Kitchener
6) Fitzgerald
7) O'Connor
8) McCaffrey
9) Harrison
10) Burns
11) Thompstone
12) Williams
13) Roberts
14) Betham
15) Tait

16) Thacker
17) Genge
18) Cilliers
19) Croft
20) Evans
21) Kitto
22) Worth
23) Brady
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

One good thing about Sundays game is that Quins will have 4 players from their 1st team squad missing as opposed to Tigers three, If we field our best available team then we should be able to achieve a victory and who knows maybe a bonus point win,and that would be very helpful in putting some distance between 4th and 5th places in the Premiership, but we have to be at or near our best and cut out simple errors like Knock ons and missed tackles. The Third tiger missing is of course J P Petersen whose still with the South Africa Squad,
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigers will be missing
Cole
Youngs
JPP
Veainu
Mulipola
Due to internationals.
BG01

Post by BG01 »

I think Quins would kill to have just 4 players missing.

Last week they had 27 missing through internationals, injuries, and suspension.

They'll miss Robshaw, Marler, Sinckler, Brown, Care, Visser, and Roberts all to internationals. But they're also missing quality players like Mulchrone, Hopper, Luamanu, Twomey, and Clifford.

Add to that they have a game today against the Maori (where they've put out a decent side) and what we will be facing is a massively depleted, tired squad.

Now that doesn't mean we'll definitely win. They've still got a lot of quality and are a good team. But let's be honest they're going into the game in a much weaker position than us.
Never believe generalisations
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Long term I think it'd be a good chance to play Worth again at 15 saving Tait for what will be a very busy December/New Year. He performed well enough in the AWC games to merit being given an AP start at home and shouldn't need to have the extra pressure of kicking giving the other options potentially in the side.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Iain wrote:On a Sunday? Doesn't he have homework to complete on that day?
No time for homework this weekend for Craig Maxwell-Keys as he is Assistant Referee for Wales v Japan @ Principality on Saturday too.
The Referee needing homework is the Scottish Joker Linton Lloyd - the one that yellow carded the wrong Shingler recently as he is Ass istant Referee England v Fiji. :smt015
http://www.planetrugby.com/news/match-o ... mber-20-2/
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

wormus wrote:
Iain wrote:On a Sunday? Doesn't he have homework to complete on that day?
No time for homework this weekend for Craig Maxwell-Keys as he is Assistant Referee for Wales v Japan @ Principality on Saturday too.
The Referee needing homework is the Scottish Joker Linton Lloyd - the one that yellow carded the wrong Shingler recently as he is Ass istant Referee England v Fiji. :smt015
http://www.planetrugby.com/news/match-o ... mber-20-2/
Blimey. Mr Maxwell-Keys is working hard. He'll deserve all those toys he asked for for Christmas.

Sorry, but I'm going to have real problems with calling him 'Sir' on Sunday. :smt044
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I would like to see O'Connor and Evans given a chance to start at 6 and 7 respectively.

Otherwise Cockers/Mauge need to decide on who will be their season long preferred 12 (in the absence of Toomua). Will it be Williams, Roberts or Manu?

Personally I still see Manu as primarily a 13 and especially as he's played so little rugby for two years, it would make sense to start him back hopefully in a couple of weeks, in a position he is comfortable with.

Roberts or Williams? I have an open mind but we need to start getting more continuity in the centres, so the coaches need to make up their minds and give the chosen 12 an extended run.
Soggypitch
MJB

Post by MJB »

This is the same referee who took charge of our match at Sale last month, and Steve Diamond was critical of him after the game!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Mulchrone playing his comeback game for Quins tonight - no-one else involved who might feature against us.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes hot charlie I agree with your post about young George Worth. He had a good gme last Saturday apart from one horrible clearance in the first half which skewed off his foot and went into touch for a gain of about 5 yards, but that can happen to anybody. Tait is looking tired these days so any chance we can give him to rest should be taken. I also forgot about Mulli and Veianu missing this weekend, thanks Raging for pointing that out. Perhaps it's a chance to give Matt Smith a full game, he never lets the side down.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes hot charlie I agree with your post about young George Worth. He had a good gme last Saturday apart from one horrible clearance in the first half which skewed off his foot and went into touch for a gain of about 5 yards, but that can happen to anybody. Tait is looking tired these days so any chance we can give him to rest should be taken. I also forgot about Mulli and Veianu missing this weekend, thanks Raging for pointing that out. Perhaps it's a chance to give Matt Smith a full game, he never lets the side down.
Matt Smith is injured > 6 weeks.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes hot charlie I agree with your post about young George Worth. He had a good gme last Saturday apart from one horrible clearance in the first half which skewed off his foot and went into touch for a gain of about 5 yards, but that can happen to anybody. Tait is looking tired these days so any chance we can give him to rest should be taken. I also forgot about Mulli and Veianu missing this weekend, thanks Raging for pointing that out. Perhaps it's a chance to give Matt Smith a full game, he never lets the side down.
Unfortunately Noddy it has been extensively reported that Matt is out injured for 4 - 6 weeks with a sprained ankle.
Soggypitch