Sell Outs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

grobyman

Re: Sell Outs

Post by grobyman »

I have posted this link before, someone in Gloucester has more time on their hands than I do!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1852315987

It's interesting in a number of ways, this last weekend, Tigers accounted for 33.1% of the total attendance across the six games. Total being 77907, to put context Old Trafford holds 75365. Puts the status of the game into perspective.

Would be nice if we had 33.1% of the funding too! Have posted link separately regarding possible investment into Gloucester (data from Shedweb)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It's weird that so many of the empty seats were in the overpriced padded seats in the centre of the clubhouse stand. And yet a sell out. Why is that?

But anyway, a sell out on a Sunday. Maybe it's not so bad on a Sunday after all?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Iain wrote:It's weird that so many of the empty seats were in the overpriced padded seats in the centre of the clubhouse stand. And yet a sell out. Why is that?

But anyway, a sell out on a Sunday. Maybe it's not so bad on a Sunday after all?
There were two notional spaces on the Crumbie, too :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Iain wrote:It's weird that so many of the empty seats were in the overpriced padded seats in the centre of the clubhouse stand. And yet a sell out. Why is that?

Probably watching the game from in the bar under the halogen heaters on the balcony!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

grobyman wrote:

Probably watching the game from in the bar under the halogen heaters on the balcony!
That's separate though isn't it? I think the padded seats are just gold seats in their own right.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Tickets sold and attendance are 2 completely different things.

Me and my 2 boys have season tickets, therefore every match for us is classed as a ticket sold. However we didn't attend on Sunday.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Coops wrote:Tickets sold and attendance are 2 completely different things.
Indeed. Now we have go-faster turnstiles. is it really beyond the realms of possibility for the club to provide a genuine attendance figure?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

BeeJ wrote:
Indeed. Now we have go-faster turnstiles. is it really beyond the realms of possibility for the club to provide a genuine attendance figure?
Of course, but why would they want to? The PR people have obviously spoken. :smt001
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Apparently that area has a large "Ecclesiastical Community" that cannot attend with later kick offs on Sundays due to Evensong commitments. :smt002
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Me and my 2 boys have season tickets, therefore every match for us is classed as a ticket sold. However we didn't attend on Sunday.
Why didn't you have them resold through the Buyback scheme. That is what I did with mine. Unless of course, it was a last minute thing.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

To be fair a sell out is just that, all tickets were sold.

It would of course be interesting to what the actual attendance was. There is bound to be a few "late withdrawals" but you would have thought it wouldn't be more than a few dozen.

As a STH I usually know in advance if I can't attend and put them up for resale but occasionally somebody is going to fall ill or have transport problems that scupper them on the day. You just wouldn't think too many.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sunday afternoon matches to me are probably the best, and could easily account for others who are still young enough to play their club matches on Saturday, go to football on Saturday, I can watch my grandson's rugby matches on Saturday afternoon, and also for the younger players who play their rugby on Sunday mornings.

Saturdays generally have more distractions for families etc, whereas Sunday morning church services are over, folk can come together on a Sunday afternoon, watch rugby and then pick up a Chinese meal to take home, Perfect!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Very surprised Saturdays match hasn't already sold out? Normally sold out a week before kick off for a local Derby?
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Me too. With all the banging on about the lack of Saturday matches you'd think this would have been sold out weeks ago. Then again, it's a 5pm kick off not 3pm. That whole 2 hours is simply too much of a difference for some. :smt023
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm afraid it's more likely to be that both teams are playing pretty averagely, not exactly ripping up too many trees and with important players missing.

Combine that with OTT ticket prices (£28 to stand) and you probably have the explanation.

Personally I wouldn't miss this game "for the world" always the most important league game of the season for me and the most exciting!!
Soggypitch