Wales v Australia

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Wales v Australia

Post by Soggypitch »

I watched all this game and to be fair the Wallabies were good but Wales were dire.

Puts England's whitewash in Aus into even more perspective, and providing we have some of our injured players back for the 6N, I would be surprised if we don't have another good tournament, on this form Wales will be fighting Italy for the wooden spoon.

Gatland may even be forced to pick some England players for once!! Ok we'll let a few Irish in as well after last night's performance!
Soggypitch
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wales v Australia

Post by Hull Fan »

I agree soggy, the same conversation I had with my wife re England's performance. Cant see Wales doing much in 6N's, famous last words, they look very one dimensional in attack. Jamie Roberts must be past his best days now.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Hull Fan wrote:I agree soggy, the same conversation I had with my wife re England's performance. Cant see Wales doing much in 6N's, famous last words, they look very one dimensional in attack. Jamie Roberts must be past his best days now.
Yes give me Jack Roberts any day at 12....err let me think about that for a little bit longer! :smt002
Soggypitch
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Woeful Welsh!! Shame I am away from the office this week - could have had a 'banter full' week!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Despite the coaching of Larkham, Australia used most of the same backs moves they always had; it was as if Wales had never watched Australia play in the last decade or so, failing to drift fast enough when the Aussies stacked one side of the breakdown, and so on.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

The speed of passing from Australia (and Ireland) was what struck me yesterday.
They were very direct, moved the ball very quickly and the holes just got bigger until big enough.
Australia made lots of errors but when it stuck it was simple.
Also what the Welsh pundit called dummy runs the Aussie pundit Drew Mitchell called options, two differing mind sets and one very limited play book.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote:The speed of passing from Australia (and Ireland) was what struck me yesterday.
They were very direct, moved the ball very quickly and the holes just got bigger until big enough.
Australia made lots of errors but when it stuck it was simple.
Also what the Welsh pundit called dummy runs the Aussie pundit Drew Mitchell called options, two differing mind sets and one very limited play book.
The Aussies constantly stacked their backs behind each other and then played what evolved in front of them - the runners had several options. Not rocket science.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

TBH, expect Wales to be better against England, they always are. The thing I've always wondered about is, if they can lift themselves against us, how come they can't find the incentive against others? I'd be pretty annoyed if I was Welsh, I'd want a side with some consistency of effort.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

loretta wrote:TBH, expect Wales to be better against England, they always are. The thing I've always wondered about is, if they can lift themselves against us, how come they can't find the incentive against others? I'd be pretty annoyed if I was Welsh, I'd want a side with some consistency of effort.
Their record against the Southern Hemisphere teams is appalling.
You are right Loretta they will be better against us, which is similar to Saints against Tigers, too obsessed with the auld enemy and not focused enough elsewhere!
Soggypitch