An issue of ranking question

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

An issue of ranking question

Post by jgriffin »

Rank the following in order of ££££ available and spent within and without the rules
http://tinyurl.com/d9cjfnc

Wow, is it the same ranking........ :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: An issue of ranking question

Post by Soggypitch »

You really think that money always buys success? Especially in the ultimate team sport of rugby?

In that case Man Utd should win the league every year - they are the richest football club.

But a little TEAM like LCFC won the Premier League last year, team spirit and good coaching.

Cockers doesn't make excuses neither should we.
Soggypitch
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Soggypitch wrote:You really think that money always buys success? Especially in the ultimate team sport of rugby?

In that case Man Utd should win the league every year - they are the richest football club.

But a little TEAM like LCFC won the Premier League last year, team spirit and good coaching.

There is a world of difference currently between football and rugby spending, much of it to do with the imbalance of talent/agent-driven wage inflation in football. In rugby England 2003 proved that money spent/thrown at marginal gains is worthwhile, which established a principle that some clubs simply may not be able to afford. Sarries bought the Vunipolas 'just like that, bid for Etzebeth and Fearns and 'survived' an investigation, Wasps bought Gopperth and Cipriani, Bath are currently in for Cruden......but I DO agree both with your point about LCFC (although statistically a blip), that we shouldn't make excuses, life would be much easier if there was total transparency, we may find out about Tigers as well as the other teams! :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Soggypitch wrote:You really think that money always buys success? Especially in the ultimate team sport of rugby?

Cockers hasn't got any excuses left other than "I just can't do it"
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

SIABRITE, that wouldn't be an excuse then though would it?

You may want to look up the meaning of excuse.

If Cockerill was to say "I just can't do it" then that would be an admission not an excuse. If he was however to say I cannot do it because ...... And then attach a reason that is made up, that would be an excuse.

As you don't understand the meaning, I'll excuse you on this occasion :smt023

The English language- where one word can mean two things!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

SIBARITE wrote:

Cockers hasn't got any excuses left other than "I just can't do it"
You could save yourself a lot of typing and everyone else time reading if you just posted "The usual" all the time :smt002
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Question 1
Do Tigers abandon their business management model and sell out totally to a billionnaire (Craig) or a hedge fund/shell company (Mosaic) and launch out on a Sarries path (£45m debt) or Wasps (potential £36m+ debt) etc
Question 2
Do Tigers jettison their current coaching team and..........

My answer to 1 is hopefully never and 2 is not for at least this season BUT i do know others would answer a firm YES to both.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

jgriffin wrote:Question 1
Do Tigers abandon their business management model and sell out totally to a billionnaire (Craig) or a hedge fund/shell company (Mosaic) and launch out on a Sarries path (£45m debt) or Wasps (potential £36m+ debt) etc
Question 2
Do Tigers jettison their current coaching team and..........

My answer to 1 is hopefully never and 2 is not for at least this season BUT i do know others would answer a firm YES to both.
100% agree on 1.
Also agree on 2 unless matters really deteriorate - but unless we start to play a lot better/more consistently this season, I think there will be changes in the coaching set up for next season.
Soggypitch