Bring on Sarries! - Teams Up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Bring on Sarries! - Teams Up

Post by Soggypitch »

Just bought some tickets £27 to stand, £18 for under 24's.

Train from Mkt Harb to Mill Hill Broadway then free 10 minute shuttle bus to the ground. Cheaper to split the tickets, open return to Bedford then the same from Bedford to MHB changing at Luton Airport Parkway, saves about a tenner.

Looks like an injury hit encounter for both clubs. Kruis, Maro and probably Barritt/Britts. Ashton banned. Interestingly Sarries have specific web news items with injury updates....

Assuming Barrow/Toomua and Veainu are out, who would you pick?

15. Burns 14 Thomo 13 Betham 12 Tait 11 JPP 10 Willims 9 Youngs 8 McCaffrey 7 O'Connor 6 Fitzgerald 5 Kitchener 4 Slater 3 Cole 2 Youngs 1 Ayerza. 16 Logo 17 Bateman 18 Genge 19 Evans 20 Harrison 21 Smith 22 Roberts 23 Hamilton - Fitz can cover lock.

Really hoping Toomua will be ok, I'm sure the other two will only be out for a couple of weeks, really missing M Williams and a fully fit Crofty.

Travelling in hope rather than expectation!!
Soggypitch
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bring on Sarries!

Post by MrPartridge »

Travelling in hope rather than expectation!!
I'm giving it a miss. Been twice. Last season's SF humiliation and a 40 point mauling a few years back. Fair to say I don't bring the side any luck down there. Fingers crossed you do!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Burns won't be full back. Tait will be moved to full back, Burns will start at fly half with Owen Williams at 12 and Betham at 13.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Burns may well not be full back, but that would be my preference.

Yes MrP I was also there for the semi humiliation earlier this year, but I quite liked the ground and the facilities/bars etc...so thought it was worth another go!

Has anyone been able to answer the question as to whether the England players are allowed to play or not?

I seriously hope not, we will only lose Cole and YBY, they will lose both Vunipolas, Farrell and Goode, in addition to all their current injuries.

Any news on Toomua? I was hoping to hear on Radio Leicester last night but nothing. Obviously nothing on the web site!!
Soggypitch
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Burns at full back is an odd choice - inexperienced (at best) to go and play at a ground where we have never even won a point......

Tait experienced 15 and in form - Williams fairly experienced 12, Burns a good 10 with Harrison to cover FH from the bench seems more sensible.

England players are available - they meet up on Sunday to fly to Portugal for a training camp.

Toomua will have or has had a scan once swelling has subsided - it all points to a ligament issue but severity unclear at this stage...

Its media day at Oval park and I suspect Cockers will be asked about Toomua.... watch Mercury website for updates
Less is more....
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Bunchy wrote:Toomua will have or has had a scan once swelling has subsided - it all points to a ligament issue but severity unclear at this stage...

Its media day at Oval park and I suspect Cockers will be asked about Toomua.... watch Mercury website for updates
I read that it's a PCL tear and he'll be sidelined for around 6 months.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Referee: Wayne Barnes
Assistant Referees: Craig Maxwell-Keys & Matthew Carley
TMO: Rowan Kitt
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Every team has a weakness.

What is Saracens weakness and how can we exploit it?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote:Every team has a weakness.

What is Saracens weakness and how can we exploit it?
Are the England players available?
Given that Saracens could be missing Farrell and Lozowski at 10 and Barritt at 12 I'd think that midfield could be an opportunity to take advantage of a potential lack of usual organisation in Sarries.
Jack Roberts speed maybe to take advantage of bigger than usual gaps or Burns at 10 and Williams at 12, two 10's with runners off them changing the direction of attack.
This is definitely the best time to ever play Saracens.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote:Are the England players available?
The fit ones are yes. I think the teams will be even on this one and on injuries. It's purely down to who is the best on the day.
BFG wrote:This is definitely the best time to ever play Saracens.
Mmmmmm...

I think without Itoje and Kruis we may be able to get something going at the set piece and breakdown. I'd be reasonably confident we can engineer a couple of scores, it's whether defensively we are at the races. Need to keep the pen count reasonable.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote:
BFG wrote:Are the England players available?
The fit ones are yes. I think the teams will be even on this one and on injuries. It's purely down to who is the best on the day.
BFG wrote:This is definitely the best time to ever play Saracens.
Mmmmmm...

I think without Itoje and Kruis we may be able to get something going at the set piece and breakdown. I'd be reasonably confident we can engineer a couple of scores, it's whether defensively we are at the races. Need to keep the pen count reasonable.
Well based on that I'd say that given how good our lineout was against Racing that is an area Leicester should target all round.
Big beefy pack and get some mauls moving.
Anytime Kruis and Itoje are unavailable is a good time to play Sarries.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ourla wrote:Referee: Wayne Barnes
Assistant Referees: Craig Maxwell-Keys & Matthew Carley
TMO: Rowan Kitt
That's a pretty heavyweight line-up.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

So, how about the following...

15 Matt Tait
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
*L Owen Williams
11 JPP
10 Freddie Burns
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Ellis Genge
17 Greg Bateman
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Luke Hamilton
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 Jack Roberts
23 Matt Smith

*I've decided we should do away with the 12 shirt completely and go back to 'L' instead. In fact, A to O would do for me!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very "experimental" side.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I hope, Big Dai that it isn't an experimental side. Last chance to play as many first choice players before the autumn internationals. Last week v Racing needs to be the start of more consistent,cohesive performances and forget the artificial pitch,we need to show we can hold our own v Sarries. I would also like to make the journey back down the M1 proud of my team's effort. Come on Tigers: you can do it; a narrow win!