Re: Bring on Sarries! - Teams Up

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

And then stupidity to lose the ball 5 yards from the try line - facepalm
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Good try and now some agency. I fancy Sam is providing quicker ball and Freddie some real guile
I'm not cynical just experienced
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Freddie needs to start - surprised he hadn't done enough to earn the number 10 shirt for today
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:What a poor try!!

:smt003
To little to late I fear.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

3 scrum penalties, lost 4 line outs, all contributing to problems.
Valhalla I am coming!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Impressed by Catchpole

Been out with an illness last season and think he was injured after the first preseason game.

See he is now considered a wing rather than a 13.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Some of the carrying today has been shocking :smt013
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

And a dropped interception by Britts saves Tigers conceding a 4th try.

Team look understandably tired, but fed up walking off.
Valhalla I am coming!
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

HantsTiger wrote:Some of the carrying today has been shocking :smt013
Generally thought our forwards had a shocking game all round. Set piece failures our own doing, especially the lineout.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

As a lot on here think we are rubbish and have been rubbish today I will say this as many of you wont:

Well done Tigers, you deserved a bonus point today. Saracens are a top class side and we weren't embarrassed. A performance like that today would have beaten most other sides in this league.

Ok we made errors but we were trying things but sometimes you just have to say the best team won and on this occasion, the best team was the European and Premiership Champions. Well done Tigers!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Better in the last 20 minutes , mainly due to Freddie playing some heads up rugby but still way too many mistakes and the set piece was a disaster after it being a considerable strength last week.We avoided them getting a bonus point and we really should have gotten a losing bonus point with some better carrying and decision making close to the line. Whilst it was incredibly frustrating and it's not good enough - at least we didn't get a tanking on the scoreboard. We remain consistently inconsistent.
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

A completely different tigers performance once burns, Harrison, and genge came on. These players wear heart on sleeve over a purely technical approach. Didn't expect to win away saracens but frustrating with ball carrying and creativity in first 60 mins
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

ellis9 wrote:As a lot on here think we are rubbish and have been rubbish today I will say this as many of you wont:

Well done Tigers, you deserved a bonus point today. Saracens are a top class side and we weren't embarrassed. A performance like that today would have beaten most other sides in this league.

Ok we made errors but we were trying things but sometimes you just have to say the best team won and on this occasion, the best team was the European and Premiership Champions. Well done Tigers!
Sorry, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I would expect that level of inaccuracy from us to be punished by any top half side. If you think we could turn over that much ball against Exeter/Sale/Quins/Saints (never mind Wasps!) and come away with something then we see things very differently.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Is it me? Or did we look sharper with Burns at 10? Owen at 12? Perhaps the thought is Owen is a better defender but I fear we are then toothless in attack without Burns' flair.

Catchpole caught the eye and Roberts worked hard. I'm torn between Youngs and Shazam. I believe the 10 made the difference by providing a target.

JP now crocked too?. The jinx goes on.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

We go to the strongest team in Europe, play so appallingly according to some that we wouldn't survive National 2, and lose 24-10. I really don't see, especially following the equally massive criticism last week, that 75% of this forum don't just surrender their season tickets (if they ever attend anyway) and go and watch some other team. We are not at present the top team in the AP, 3rd or 4th is a fair reflection of reality, we have a lot of good players, one or two maybe living on their reputations, but a damn sight better than you'd believe reading this forum.
I look forward to you announcing your resignations, or possibly your elevation to DOR elsewhere. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.