George Ford or Burns - threads merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: George Ford

Post by Cagey Tiger »

George is reported in today's Times as having invoked a clause to leave Bath at the end of this season rather than next. This had to be done by yesterday (15/11). It would appear this it is not a simple break clause - there are other (currently unknown) contractual bits involved. However, the fact that he appears be embarking on this path supports his possible move here. The article goes through possible Premiership clubs he might go to. None apart from Saints seem to have a vacancy. Tigers are put down as favourites due our previous relationship and him linking up with Benny.
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

As I posted on the Non Tigers Transfer Rumours thread the new suggestion is Sale.

I can't see it and always thought Stains would be the best fit in terms of their current need, stature, etc.

Still hope we have him though, I think his partnership with YBY for club and country will be a massive draw.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

BIttySmalls wrote:As I posted on the Non Tigers Transfer Rumours thread the new suggestion is Sale.

I can't see it and always thought Stains would be the best fit in terms of their current need, stature, etc.

Still hope we have him though, I think his partnership with YBY for club and country will be a massive draw.
Sorry, can't quote the Times article (pay Wall and almost impossible to copy stuff). They mentioned Sale as a possibility. Saints were dismissed as unlikely to appeal to George, which I would agree with.
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
BIttySmalls wrote:As I posted on the Non Tigers Transfer Rumours thread the new suggestion is Sale.

Sorry, can't quote the Times article (pay Wall and almost impossible to copy stuff). They mentioned Sale as a possibility. Saints were dismissed as unlikely to appeal to George, which I would agree with.
Really?? Sale again?? Just read that Flats is hearing Sale all over the place too. Maybe I have it completely wrong but just feels like a backward step to me.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Sale have all the potential of being a top 4 team and have a better younger backline than Saints
9: Experianced generals in Phillips and Stringer
10: Ford
11: Odogwu speedster
12: James Young top player England Saxon
13: Addison another young excellent player
14: Edwards Speedster
15: Haley prob the best attacking 15 in England currently.

The pack is a worry but Beaumont is a hell of a 8.
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

RagingBull wrote:Sale have all the potential of being a top 4 team and have a better younger backline than Saints
9: Experianced generals in Phillips and Stringer
10: Ford
11: Odogwu speedster
12: James Young top player England Saxon
13: Addison another young excellent player
14: Edwards Speedster
15: Haley prob the best attacking 15 in England currently.

The pack is a worry but Beaumont is a hell of a 8.
Good point but history tells us that they will likely leave to further their international ambitions.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Addison
James
Haley
Odogwu
Beaumont

Have all signed 3/4 year contract in the last 12 months.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I take your point RB but I would still be amazed if he joined Sale.

Got to be Tigers or Saints, if not why leave Bath in the first place? They have a good squad, good coach (now his Dad has left), and plenty of money. Must have been a major fall out with someone.
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Soggypitch wrote:I take your point RB but I would still be amazed if he joined Sale.

Got to be Tigers or Saints, if not why leave Bath in the first place? They have a good squad, good coach (now his Dad has left), and plenty of money. Must have been a major fall out with someone.
He didn't like how Craig treated his dad.
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

Fair play to Sale if they are getting these young lads signed up but I still can't see the Ford thing. Just doesn't feel right.

Time will tell.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Soggypitch wrote:I take your point RB but I would still be amazed if he joined Sale.

I can't help but speculate that you may have accidentally stumbled across some reasoning.
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

From a friend who played with George at England age group - coming to Leicester and Owen Williams off

Been told it will be same as him and Priestland. He's number 1 and Burns starts when he is with England
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Southerntiger wrote:From a friend who played with George at England age group - coming to Leicester and Owen Williams off

Been told it will be same as him and Priestland. He's number 1 and Burns starts when he is with England

Harsh on Burns if true IMO.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Southerntiger wrote:From a friend who played with George at England age group - coming to Leicester and Owen Williams off

Even if it isn't true, with young Georgie not being allowed to talk to other clubs ( :smt002 :smt002 ) until December like when he was last with us ( :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 ), the publicity will bring any other interested parties out into the open, which can't do Georgie's pocket any harm.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote:

Harsh on Burns if true IMO.
Could be extremely unsettling for Burns and IMO a disaster in waiting as currently we have two excellent 10s and an couple of good back-ups.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.