George Ford or Burns - threads merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3600
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: George Ford

Post by strawclearer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Hinckley Bob wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote: Mustang we put up with this? We need to Explorer new avenues. Somebody Escort this contributor off the premises.
Sounds Prefect.....
None of you is making yourself Popular you know? :smt011

Some of you are showing your ages. :smt002
You're right, of corsair!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4901
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: George Ford

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:39 pm

strawclearer wrote: You're right, of corsair!
We'll be escorted from the premises if there's much more of this Capri......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: George Ford

Post by LE18 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Just got back from Anglian in time for KO, East Anglian that was, Ka went well, couldn't fully Focus on game, looked a bit of a Fiesta to me, one sided!

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3600
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: George Ford

Post by strawclearer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:56 pm

We need to stop this and get back to rugby matters!

Talking of props and their value - what's MarCos worth?

coat
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 884
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:48 am

Re: George Ford

Post by bc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Can someone tell me why we would want George Ford? I would question is commitment, after all he left us rather than fight for his place. Is that the attitude we want?
To my mind we have a better fly-half in Freddie Burns who is clearly committed - after all he paid for his own kicking coach. IMHO Freddie deserves to be in the England squad - consistently better kicker than Ford and makes more line breaks.
I would rather we spent the money that Ford would cost on a number 8.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: George Ford

Post by ellis9 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Burns left Gloucestet to join us. Did you question his commitment for leaving them to join us?

You don't get many one club players anymore unfortunately.

To answer the question why would we want Ford, England's first choice fly half to join us is because he is a top class player and would improve the team.

SirGordonRamsey
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:29 pm

Re: George Ford

Post by SirGordonRamsey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:04 pm

ellis9 wrote:Burns left Gloucestet to join us. Did you question his commitment for leaving them to join us?

You don't get many one club players anymore unfortunately.

To answer the question why would we want Ford, England's first choice fly half to join us is because he is a top class player and would improve the team.
:smt005

1. He's not Englands first choice 10, Farrel is, England currently don't have set Centres.
2. Gloucester is a sub-standard club compared to Leicester, Bath are currently above us in the league!

Farrel or Ford who would you rather have?
See his drop goal attempt for England, very poor.
Egg Chasers Rugby Podcast: 'Tigers Jeresy, its like getting into an E Type Jag'

Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: George Ford

Post by Hinckley Bob » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:08 pm

I would love to see George Ford alongside Ben Youngs, creating for Tigers as they do for England.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: George Ford

Post by ellis9 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Ford is better than Farrell and I'd pick Ford over Farrell 10 times out of 10 without hesitation.

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: George Ford

Post by BFG » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Hinckley Bob wrote:I would love to see George Ford alongside Ben Youngs, creating for Tigers as they do for England.
Best acquire a pack able to challenge Sarries dominance then!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: George Ford

Post by ellis9 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:24 pm

The same pack that Farrell plays behind every week you mean?

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3259
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: George Ford

Post by sam16111986 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:59 pm

SirGordonRamsey wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Burns left Gloucestet to join us. Did you question his commitment for leaving them to join us?

You don't get many one club players anymore unfortunately.

To answer the question why would we want Ford, England's first choice fly half to join us is because he is a top class player and would improve the team.
:smt005

1. He's not Englands first choice 10, Farrel is, England currently don't have set Centres.
2. Gloucester is a sub-standard club compared to Leicester, Bath are currently above us in the league!

Farrel or Ford who would you rather have?
See his drop goal attempt for England, very poor.
His drop goal effort wasn't good. Then again you're allowed to fluff the ocasional kick when your tactical kicking is controlling the game (in tandem with your 9). Coetzee knew it and was quick to praise Ford after the game.

I'd take Ford over Farrell. Neither are the perfect 10 but their strengths cover the others weaknesses. Jones is an Australian and they do like a playmaker at 12 and Farrell has the physicality to pull that off as well as the history with Ford (they played 10/12 for England under 20s).

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: George Ford

Post by BFG » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:05 pm

ellis9 wrote:The same pack that Farrell plays behind every week you mean?
Precisely!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: George Ford

Post by ellis9 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Therefore giving Farrell an easier job.

Ford is easily the much better player than Farrell.

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: George Ford

Post by BFG » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:53 pm

ellis9 wrote:Therefore giving Farrell an easier job.

Ford is easily the much better player than Farrell.
We have seen them at 10 behind the same England pack.
Farrell is a better defender and is a better goal kicker, no doubt about that!
Tactical kicking there is not much to split them.
Neither has proved more creative than the other though Ford seems to have a bit more given the space.
Who is the better player is debatable.
Not many can switch from and to 10/12 like Farrell can though, takes something special to do that at international level in my opinion.
To call him rubbish is way off the mark!
Some can't even nail one position.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CitizenSmiff, johnthegriff, MCC1964 and 2 guests