Tigers v Racing 92

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Racing 92

Post by Iain »

11/8 is extremely generous value. I may have some of that later.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I'm not sure Tigers are betting material at the moment. Though I agree if you took out last weeks travesty we would be odds on.

Another interesting factor is that Racing didn't play last week. I am not quite sure about this well rested business... they might also be a bit ring rusty. And I can't believe Carter is going to be fully on his game.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote:I'm not sure Tigers are betting material at the moment. Though I agree if you took out last weeks travesty we would be odds on.

Another interesting factor is that Racing didn't play last week. I am not quite sure about this well rested business... they might also be a bit ring rusty. And I can't believe Carter is going to be fully on his game.
Ring rusty they maybe but if the Tigers continue to defend as they have done then it won't matter if they are? Even 1/2 a Carter is a deadly one? Given the mistakes made last week - gifting Glasgow 3 of their 5 trys if this can be corrected then it will be a humdinger of a game. Masoe will be the real threat as usual, any space and their backline will be through like a 'dose of the trots'
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

TigerCam wrote:
ourla wrote:I'm not sure Tigers are betting material at the moment. Though I agree if you took out last weeks travesty we would be odds on.

Ring rusty they maybe but if the Tigers continue to defend as they have done then it won't matter if they are? Even 1/2 a Carter is a deadly one? Given the mistakes made last week - gifting Glasgow 3 of their 5 trys if this can be corrected then it will be a humdinger of a game. Masoe will be the real threat as usual, any space and their backline will be through like a 'dose of the trots'
Sorry I have to disagree with you. I would say like a 'dose of salts' :smt003
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Looks like perfect weather conditions.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Gameday.

Time to just get behind the team and make as much noise as we can.

They'll need us today.

So put down your flasks of bovril. Come out from under your tartan rugs.

Leave your keyboards behind. The "I told you so" or "Well dones" will keep until later.

Just support the lads, give it everything you've got and trust they'll be giving the same.

Can't moan about lack of effort on the field, if you're the quiet mouse off it. (Keyboards not included).

Apparently the weather is going to be fair, should suit many supporters :smt002

C'Mon TIGERS!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'm looking forward to the game today with a statistically baseless optimism that we couldn't be any worse than against Glasgow. I'm keeping the faith (which of course is defined as belief without proof)
I'm not cynical just experienced
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

chewbacca wrote:I'm looking forward to the game today with a statistically baseless optimism that we couldn't be any worse than against Glasgow. I'm keeping the faith (which of course is defined as belief without proof)
:smt006 Good morning, Mr Happy! :smt026
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

strawclearer wrote:
chewbacca wrote:I'm looking forward to the game today with a statistically baseless optimism that we couldn't be any worse than against Glasgow. I'm keeping the faith (which of course is defined as belief without proof)
:smt006 Good morning, Mr Happy! :smt026
I'll be ok just as long as it isn't as exciting as THAT semi-final in Cardiff (CCU might not have a bed) and more exciting than the one in Nottingham.
I'm not cynical just experienced
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

More attitude from Tigers, but too many handling errors against a sharp team.

Kitch a real star with the try saving tackle. YBY some careless passes. "Weak midfield defence with two outside centres" says Austin. Line speed excellent but always looking vulnerable to the break.
Valhalla I am coming!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Attitude and intensity much better.

The curse of injury and the odd brain fade continues.

More worried about injuries.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Well we did have an actual inside centre on the pitch but there's not enough space on the bench to have every position covered.

A good first half by Tigers. Very good defence and physicality. Cut out some of the errors and be more disciplined and we will go on to win this quite comfortably.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Some good "back against the wall" defence and around the breakdown, but more vulnerable in the backs and out wide. Racing haven't really gone wide yet, where we are more vulnerable.
Valhalla I am coming!
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Big Dai wrote:Attitude and intensity much better.

The curse of injury and the odd brain fade continues.

More worried about injuries.
Spot on. I'm hoping Toomoas reaction is shock rather than actual pain. On the replay his knee didn't look to buckle, so hopefully it's not too serious. Barrow will be having a few weeks off after that KO I would think.

Is it me or is their 3 not all that, despite weighing 4 stone more than any of our front row.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Excellent! OTY, Slater and Kitchener really turned in great performances :smt041
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives