Tigers v Racing 92

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Racing 92

Post by LE18 »

And where's Genge? My heavier weight scrum prediction would have been better, also my backs! Sorry but they just don't listen to us here on the forum!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Has anyone on here been down to Oval Park this week?

:smt003
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

One has to pose the question why is Peter Betham one of our best players on the bench whilst Tait holds onto his centre position? If I were the Racing coach I would be targeting him with one of my centres or a flanker, as he is most definitely our week link. Loyalty to players who nave performed well is admirable but can anyone remember when Tait had a good game this season? Cockers take off the blinkers and coach properly or you will soon be gone,
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Still prefer my selection but...

Slater - always liked him as a Captain and he may provide some useful on-field leadership :smt018

Tait - surrounded by quality so must use those outside him instead of making his usual 'breaks' :smt015

Williams O. - how well he 'meshes' with Toomua :smt052 within a gameplan of 2 receivers might just decide this fixture

:smt026
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Noddy555 wrote:One has to pose the question why is Peter Betham one of our best players on the bench whilst Tait holds onto his centre position? If I were the Racing coach I would be targeting him with one of my centres or a flanker, as he is most definitely our week link. Loyalty to players who nave performed well is admirable but can anyone remember when Tait had a good game this season? Cockers take off the blinkers and coach properly or you will soon be gone,
Use your noggin, Noddy. It's not rocket science to spot that To'omua is the weaker link as he is unsure of the systems.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Griff but at least Toomua has talent that will show itslf once he settles down whereas Tait is past his sell by date,
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes Griff but at least Toomua has talent that will show itslf once he settles down whereas Tait is past his sell by date,
jgriffin wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:One has to pose the question why is Peter Betham one of our best players on the bench whilst Tait holds onto his centre position? If I were the Racing coach I would be targeting him with one of my centres or a flanker, as he is most definitely our week link. Loyalty to players who nave performed well is admirable but can anyone remember when Tait had a good game this season? Cockers take off the blinkers and coach properly or you will soon be gone,
Use your noggin, Noddy. It's not rocket science to spot that To'omua is the weaker link as he is unsure of the systems.
I don't get this argument that Tait knows the systems better than Betham

Betham is better at every facet of the game than Tait. Sounds like England when we were still picking Tindall in 2011
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

To answer Noddy, Tait had a good game against Bath, he did not have a bad game against Glasgow and in many marches his tackling has been good. Personally I prefer him at Fullback, I think his positioning, catching of the high ball and kicking are better than Vienu's. However the electrifying running of Vienu need to be in the team somewhere. I too would have picked Betham at 13 but I can see an argument for a stronger defensive and more tactically aware line up to start the match with Betham having an impact later.
In the pack we have choices, pick two from Slater, Barrow, Kitchener, pick two for the squad from Ayerza, Mulipola or Genge. We all have our opinions but our thoughts don't matter and we don't know of other factors that affect selection. On Sunday there are fifteen blokes on the pitch in green/red/white lets get behind them and give them a big cheer when they run out.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Looks to me that RC has opted for 'experience in a crisis'. He pretty much always selects Owen over Fred when both fit so no surprise. Front row, 9 and Tait tell you he's sticking with what he knows.

Better team on paper than when we played them in the SF last year IMHO. Let's hope it works because if Racing win at WR I'm afraid we'll be on a 3 game losing streak with Saracens away next...
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

MrPartridge wrote:Looks to me that RC has opted for 'experience in a crisis'. He pretty much always selects Owen over Fred when both fit so no surprise. Front row, 9 and Tait tell you
he's sticking with what he knows.
Better team on paper than when we played them in the SF last year IMHO. Let's hope it works because if Racing win at WR I'm afraid we'll be on a 3 game losing streak with Saracens away next...
I think he's singing "Any way the wind blows, Doesn't really matter to me" :smt039
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote:And where's Genge? My heavier weight scrum prediction would have been better, also my backs! Sorry but they just don't listen to us here on the forum!
Rested perhaps?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Odds to win: Racing 8/11, Tigers 11/8 (best prices)

Handicap: Tigers +3
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Decent bet 11/8 given they've lost all 4 away matches so far this season...
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

What is all this old hat about "starting" and "on the bench" Eddie Jones' philosophy is there are 23 players, some of whom will come on at different times; starters and finishers. This is a good side on paper. I would like to have seen a place for Genge but, other than that, the best side we have, I feel.

ps I agree with Tigerbeat - whave YOU been at Oval Park today?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

MrPartridge wrote:Decent bet 11/8 given they've lost all 4 away matches so far this season...

I'm with the Partridge. Massive price. Didn't want to play but the Carter factor has made us a stupid price. We should be a shade of odds on at home. 11/8 and we may touch 6/4 yet is an insult.