Does Cockers get the boot if we get smashed again this week

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Does Cockers get the boot if we get smashed again this week

Post by Tomvarndell »

We lose against Racing badly does Cockers go ?

I love the man and don't want him to go. Certainly during the season but a bad defeat next week he must be close to being gone after last nights humiliation. Would he survive another really bad result ?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Does Cockers get the boot if we get smashed again this w

Post by ourla »

I've been thinking the same thing myself today.

I think the answer is yes.

But I hope, I mean really hope, we put in a performance like we did against Bath and get a good win.

When Cockerill leaves Tigers, whether that be sooner or much later I'd like to see a smooth transition rather than a knee jerk reaction after a poor set of results. But some say I've always been a dreamer.

One thing is that you should always be careful what you wish for. That's not a reason not to do something....
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Yes, he should have gone 3 years ago. He clearly has no man management skills. To coin a phrase - he has lost the dressing room.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not going to answer the question but merely point out it is ironically VERY UNLIKELY that Racing will thrash us next Sunday. So far they've lost all four of their away league games by an average of well over 10 points! Frankly they travel as well as Mr T on an international trip.

So I guess by that logic if we do lose, well that's another nail in RC's coffin.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Cockers should not be dismissed from the club, he has Tigers in his DNA and if it happens he should be moved to a different position. In my opinion its Mauger is the one who should get the boot as afterall he is reportedly responsible for recruitment, skills, defence (joint with RC), tactics/systems and selection. Furthermore Mauger insisted upon bringing Hansen with him and we know all about that debacle.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Here's something to look forward to RC: just realised game after Racing is Saracens away! Good luck.

Sorry but I can't see how we sack Mauger and not Cockers. Sure we aren't performing but AM wasn't at the club when we didn't win anything in 2014 or 2015.

No one is denying what a great servant RC has been but if he goes it should be a clean break. Nice idea in principle to keep him involved but for me it would be a distraction. Plus he has been linked with a lot of other clubs in his time so I'd be surprised if he didn't get other offers.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Absolutely no logic in my thinking but I half fancy us to actually smash Racing next week so hopefully the question asked won't become relevant. I do fear for us, however, if we do lose and as Saracens away follows I would be worried about a knee jerk reaction taking place.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Losing to Saracens is not going to be unexpected and a loss to Racing will not go down well. However, more important is the performance of the team than the final result.
Finishing top four in the League is the first target. It was always going to be a tough group to get out of in the Champions Cup.
I look forward to next week and hope to see a 9 day turnaround turn in a good performance.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

MrPartridge wrote:Sorry but I can't see how we sack Mauger and not Cockers. Sure we aren't performing but AM wasn't at the club when we didn't win anything in 2014 or 2015.
Equally, you could argue that Cockerill did well in a difficult situation when the club had not filled the vacancy left by Matt O'Connor.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

As posted on another thread, who would you replace him with? Mauger? Someone with no knowledge of Tigers (not been successful in the past)? Not saying he must stay but you need an idea of who would replace him, short term or long term.
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote:As posted on another thread, who would you replace him with? Mauger? Someone with no knowledge of Tigers (not been successful in the past)? Not saying he must stay but you need an idea of who would replace him, short term or long term.
See my post on the other thread, I don't give a toss if someone has no knowledge of Tigers. I want an experienced successful coach, someone who tends to overachieve with players they have. Cockerill has butchered this side
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Southerntiger wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:As posted on another thread, who would you replace him with? Mauger? Someone with no knowledge of Tigers (not been successful in the past)? Not saying he must stay but you need an idea of who would replace him, short term or long term.
See my post on the other thread, I don't give a toss if someone has no knowledge of Tigers. I want an experienced successful coach, someone who tends to overachieve with players they have. Cockerill has butchered this side
Seen it. And the quote from Robbie Dean's that he doesn't want to leave. Next.
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Southerntiger wrote:
I'm pretty sure Conor OShea and Eddie Jones said the same thing 3 days before leaving their respective roles

People say one thing and do
Another when they see £££££
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Southerntiger wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Southerntiger wrote:[quote="Cagey Tiger"
As posted on another thread, who would you replace him with? Mauger? Someone with no knowledge of Tigers (not been successful in the past)? Not saying he must stay but you need an idea of who would replace him, short term or long term.

I'm pretty sure Conor OShea and Eddie Jones said the same thing 3 days before leaving their respective roles

People say one thing and do
Another when they see £££££
If you are wrong, do you have any other suggestion as to who would be available now, as you are so adamant that he must go now?
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Johan Ackermann of the Lions could be a good shout.

It's not my job to analyse DOR contracts, the board need to pull their finger out and have the balls to get it done