Sacking due to recruitment

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Sacking due to recruitment

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ourla wrote:Recruitment, in general, is certainly not the issue.
Defending however, is.
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Read the forum a while, Roly finally gets people to agree if we don't get top 4 and out of group Cockers should probably go

Now I have read on a couple of threads, top 6 wouldn't be a disaster

What dire state do we need to get to before you agree Cockers should go?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

At the moment I would say Mauger should go first. However that doesn't mean I think he should.

I persistently defend Cockerill as I believe is a top DOR and will be hard to replace.

Southerntiger, I will throw the question back at you but changed slightly and ask why you think he should go? Also, who would you bring in to replace him? Will you answer the second question? Most people who call for Cockerill to be sacked don't offer any names.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

WiggoTiger wrote: No cohesion or leadership in the team. Even when we had average forwards we made something out of nothing in the backs through pace and inventiveness (Cusworth and Underwoods etc).
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Identifying the root of the problem is the key issue, now. It's not going to be a simple matter of cause and effect. It will not just be Cockerill's, Mauger's, Hansen's, or the players' fault. Nor will it just be the failure of planning which saw us struggle for two seasons without a reasonably qualified head coach, or the fault of the systems subsequently coached into the players. Nor is it merely a product of Cockerill and Mauger settling on their relationship. It's likely to be a mixture of all of these, and (probably) more.

In previous years, things have inexplicably 'clicked' around Christmas (remember the threshold game against Exeter that heralded 10 consecutive bonus point wins?). Whether or not the confidence is so low that we'll even be able to put a 3 or 4 game run together this season remains to be seen. I'm not sure but I'm willing to see how things develop over the next couple of months without blaming some of our finest players.
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

ellis9 wrote:At the moment I would say Mauger should go first. However that doesn't mean I think he should.

I persistently defend Cockerill as I believe is a top DOR and will be hard to replace.

Southerntiger, I will throw the question back at you but changed slightly and ask why you think he should go? Also, who would you bring in to replace him? Will you answer the second question? Most people who call for Cockerill to be sacked don't offer any names.
Get Robbie deans out of Japan

And quite simple - Cockers will have failed for 3 years. Not won anything, I think recruitment has been dire and i don't see his value add. He admits he isn't a good organiser and Is emotional hence poor DoR and I think there are better forward coaches in the League, Diamond Sanderson etc etc

I don't think any other DOR gets slated by former players more than Cockers. I don't see people slating McCall and Baxter
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

That's Baxter who hasn't won anything ?
And McCall who has having taking over Dr Venter's team?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Talking of defence coaches - when is Shaun Edwards's Welsh contract due for re-negotiation?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Learn to read

I'm saying Cockers gets slated for a reason. I don't want Baxter

Deans is reported to want a new challenge out of Japan. Cheque book out and get him. Even McCaw and Carter worship him

Get the cheque book and get Cockers out and Deans in. I will lob in 20 quid, will the club get a just giving page going?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Robbie Deans?! No thanks!

Steve Diamond as forwards coach? Good god no!

As you have mentioned these names, could you now expand further and explain what credentials they have to even be considered?
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

ellis9 wrote:Robbie Deans?! No thanks!

Steve Diamond as forwards coach? Good god no!

As you have mentioned these names, could you now expand further and explain what credentials they have to even be considered?
Are you mental

Robbie Deans won 5 Super Rugby titles

Re-ignited -Australia till James OConnor in 2013.

Carter and McCaw in their autobiographies describe him
As their best ever coach

Are you Cockers? It's the only the explanation
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

What about Steve Diamond?

You say Deans did a good job until O'Connor. Could he not handle this one player? That's pretty poor is it not?

What experience of English Premiership Rugby does Deans have?

I may be Cockerill. I may not be.
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

ellis9 wrote:What about Steve Diamond?

You say Deans did a good job until O'Connor. Could he not handle this one player? That's pretty poor is it not?

I may be Cockerill. I may not be.
If you knew anything about international rugby, you would know it was because he thought Quade was a toxic influence so picked O'Connor.

Diamond does amazingly with a rubbish budget and players. Especially in the pack.

Your small minded attitude is a microcosm of Leicesters incestuous appointments.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Being in the top four of both IS not good enough! RC will confirm this. This is a business and it should be at the top of its trade because that is what we, the supporters, invest in and get the benefit of the silverware as the bonus. If it is not performing then changes have to be made. If you invest in change, based on a 'solid' planning then it must be given the chance to mature. If there are any obstructions, given that they have sanctioned the change, that they must be got rid of, there is no half way house. Don't blame the work force if the management cannot put in place the right structures to see them perform and achieve the results required. the buck stops with the management and if it cannot do the job get rid, no matter how much they may consider themselves part of the family
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Marcelo Loffreda- when did he play for Tigers?
Heyneke Meyer- when did he play for Tigers?

Cockerill took over from Meyer so 2 of the last 3 DOR's were not from within. Cockerill did such a good job as a stand in that he was rightly offered the job.

So he picked a player in O'Connor that wasn't good enough?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Southern Tigers last comment about 'incestuous' confirms to me his troll status, arriving so suddenly and recently - change of IP address?
Can he confirm that past players slate him - Moody was apparently distraught as Cockers didn't defend him from MOC's onslaught, Oz and Nobby hate him anyway; funny how my erstwhile forward contacts thought MOC was a nasty little oik and ignored him, but rated Cockers in general (there were exceptions), and funny how the change a few seasons ago after that awful Chiefs game (b...y cold as well, I was there)was a lot to do with senior players deciding to use their own brains instead of sticking to the Head Coach's ideas.......Cockers isn't the Head Coach, he's the bloke who takes all the stick though. MOC was shown to be pants, and it may be that AM is too, we don't know yet.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.