Tigers v Glasgow

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SRR

Re: Tigers v Glasgow

Post by SRR »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
GS wrote:I'm just waiting to see the post match interview. 'They just aren't playing as I want/tell them to.' Oh, wait a minute, 'Wait until we get Manu back'. That's what is it was from many on here last season......
None of that was said or offered. No excuses were offered.

Forthright was Mr Cockerill. That's something you can't take away from him.
Question is though will there be a response from the coaches and the players or will it be the same as every other time? Direction and leadership comes from the top so either the coaches step up and address the issues or they need to step aside.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

This is not about playing style or - good grief we can't even tackle and you learn that at school!! - this is a problem of mentality and teamwork and, with the squad of players Tigers have, that can only come from the management of the Club
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

drc_007 wrote:To be brutally honest I think the players let the coaches down. Too many simply did not perform and were bullied in every collision.
We can't keep using this as an excuse, the coaches set up the team and influence the methods of attack and defence, Saracens and Wasps have the same and seem to be prospering by very good coaching, tigers seem not to be, don't always blame the players, blame the coaches who send them out there!!!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It appears there is unanimity (obviously Ellis9 has yet to speak) that the performance in Glasgow was a disgrace. The performance against Worcester (currently 11th out of 12) offered fool's gold. It is clear that there are talented individuals in our side; it is also clear that we cannot get them to play together as a team. And who the hell failed to instruct Toomua in the ettiquette of the European rather than the Southern Hemisphere way? (Note: Jpp comes on Yellow card - Toomua ditto - a pattern?)

We have set the standard for so long and it is hard for many of us to accept the decline of a once great empire. I just hope it is reversible.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

baz1664 wrote:
drc_007 wrote:To be brutally honest I think the players let the coaches down. Too many simply did not perform and were bullied in every collision.
We can't keep using this as an excuse, the coaches set up the team and influence the methods of attack and defence, Saracens and Wasps have the same and seem to be prospering by very good coaching, tigers seem not to be, don't always blame the players, blame the coaches who send them out there!!!
+1 :smt010
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
SRR

Post by SRR »

Bundy wrote:This is not about playing style or - good grief we can't even tackle and you learn that at school!! - this is a problem of mentality and teamwork and, with the squad of players Tigers have, that can only come from the management of the Club
When you can't get the basics right no point trying the fancy stuff. Lost count of the amount of missed tackles and it's not just tonight's game it's every game.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Well, as I said earlier, everything has been changed and only the head remains. The word I've heard is that Mauger and Cockers can barely tolerate each other. That must come across to the team.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

OldHob, I cannot comment on tonight's game as I didn't see it.

I heard the very end on Radio Leicester (Glasgow scoring the last try is when I tuned in). Bleddyn was very positive about how good Glasgow were.

However, see my "So far.......I told you so" topic to see my thoughts on our season so far.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

GS wrote:Well, as I said earlier, everything has been changed and only the head remains. The word I've heard is that Mauger and Cockers can barely tolerate each other. That must come across to the team.
If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt you GS, someone upstairs needs to deal with that in a very quick and professional manner. You can't have coaches who have that sort of feeling towards each other. It's devicive and counter productive.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
TE

Post by TE »

I dont post very often, but feel the need to, I'm not an analyst like some on here, I'm just a Tigers fan, but even I could see that the team are not playing as a team.
as had been said many times on here "class is permanent form is temporary"
the players have not become bad players they are just playing badly, and IMO that is a coaching problem.
and even though I'm a fan of RC it pains me to say I think its time for a change
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:
GS wrote:Well, as I said earlier, everything has been changed and only the head remains. The word I've heard is that Mauger and Cockers can barely tolerate each other. That must come across to the team.
If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt you GS, someone upstairs needs to deal with that in a very quick and professional manner. You can't have coaches who have that sort of feeling towards each other. It's devicive and counter productive.
Unsubstantiated rumour.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

baz1664 wrote:
I don't disagree but, the same players performed in the early stages of that match, the players that then failed to deliver further...... The same methods of attack and defence that worked early on.....the methods that the coaches sent them out there with.....worked in the beginning.

Something went wrong after we scored our try. Did we think it was really going to be easy and thought we could relax?

Someone turned the lights off on the pitch, coaches cannot do much about that. That's not intended as an outright defence of the coaching, something isn't right obviously.

There is no obvious leader on the pitch, captain yes, but leader?

Nothing was fixed at HT, that could be held against the coaches I guess, although we did change after HT but ulitmately we were 'nilled' in the second half, weren't we? With the wind at our backs. Allowing for 2 intercepts against us when we were chasing a game, finally deciding something had to be done. That's been a common theme, waking up when it's too late.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I guess if someone throws enough, some is bound to stick.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote:OldHob, I cannot comment on tonight's game as I didn't see it.

I heard the very end on Radio Leicester (Glasgow scoring the last try is when I tuned in). Bleddyn was very positive about how good Glasgow were.

However, see my "So far.......I told you so" topic to see my thoughts on our season so far.
Glasgow took their chances.

Tigers poor defence for 3 first half tries. Tigers lacked teeth in attack and defence tonight.

Two interception tries in the second half when Tigers were thinking about chasing the game (lost cause to be fair).

Glasgow's defence was aggressive and we persevered with one guy trucking it up a lot of the time.

For one reason or another we got on wrong side of the ref (not the cause for the loss) but 50/50s went against us more often than not. Tigers players frustrated by, but not addressing, this.

Cockers said "when we didn't have the ball we struggled" - to be fair we struggled when we had it too.

Glasgow were faster, wanted it more and were more aggressive.

If Tigers had actually turned up it might have been closer, the first 10-15 mins gave that impression, it went downhill after we scored our try IMO, Glasgow came roaring back and our players crumbled.

It was all the fault of the plastic pitch :smt002 :smt005
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I thought about going up to Glasgow for this one but my travelling pal couldn't go so we watched it on the box.
What utter :censored: boys. I have seen more organized under tens.

All the coaches have now been changed except the DOR and we still have this utter bilge.
I have been hoping against hope that we had turned the corner but this has proved more than anything that the coaching is still pants.
There is only one man to carry the can and we all know who it is. So he fronted up to the TV, he is well used to it and he could hardly do anything else.
My recipe until the end of season?
Sack Cockers and Blaze. Make AM director of rugby and invite Johnno back as the
forwards coach, promote Anthony Allen to backs coach with Murphs.
Johnno is the key. Forget his spell with England, he was promoted too soon and was
coaching many of his friends. He knows how to organise a pack and how to captain a side. Most of all, he knows how to lead men.
A life long Tiger