Tigers v Glasgow

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Glasgow

Post by sapajo »

Oh well, we will soon be out of Europe so we can concentrate on securing a Premiership play off 4th place. Bring on Bristol we will hammer them won't we?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
SRR

Post by SRR »

That was embarrassing too many missed tackles and too many gaps at the breakdown, it does beg the question what actually happens in training and whether any analysis is done to highlight mistakes because the same sh*t keeps happening game after game. Sarries will have a field day at the end of the month.

Can't see how the current coaching can continue.
shoppers
Tiger Cub

Post by shoppers »

The Mauger plan hasn't worked and there's little indication it will. Do we blame Cockers or Mauger? Or both? I dunno. There is a team in there somewhere but for some reason we're not seeing one. We are a million miles behind Saracens and their ilk.

However....who do you bring in to change it? Seriously, who?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I can't see the Tigers board condoning this rubbish for much longer. One of the most successful DoRs in tigers' history went for less. I was not happy ar the time about that and I really like Cockers but this is just unacceptable.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Quite frankly pathetic, so much wrong with the Tigers game tonight you could write a book about it.

All credit to Glasgow - they exposed Tigers for what they are - a mediocre team going nowehere. :smt011
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

I see a team that is not united and a coaching staff that is clueless, that tonight was pathetic for me personifies the time for change, even an interim coaching set up of something like Murphy and Blaze would put the feel good factor back into the set up!!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

OK, 8 years of decline, accepting the odd moment of success, and we've changed everything including the pitch. To paraphrase Sherlock Holmes. 'When you've discounted everything thing else whatever's left, no matter how unpalatable, has to be the problem.'

Cockers is not God. No doubting his loyalty but the club has to be bigger. And before you all say, 'What is the alternative?' I don't know, I'm not paid to know, but what we've got is not the answer.

I'm just waiting to see the post match interview. 'They just aren't playing as I want/tell them to.' Oh, wait a minute, 'Wait until we get Manu back'. That's what is it was from many on here last season......
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

What has happened to the scrum and maul, our formerly ever reliable way forward? Even the defence around the ruck and maul was almost non existant. Same coaches there as before!

If we do not get out of the pool stage, there will be no justification for not making changes in the rugby side of the club.
Valhalla I am coming!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Listened to RL. Im surprised Steve J didn't top himself. Midway through 2nd half I thanked the gods I didn't have BT.
I'm not cynical just experienced
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

GS wrote:I'm just waiting to see the post match interview. 'They just aren't playing as I want/tell them to.' Oh, wait a minute, 'Wait until we get Manu back'. That's what is it was from many on here last season......
None of that was said or offered. No excuses were offered.

Forthright was Mr Cockerill. That's something you can't take away from him.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I am loyal and Tigers through and through, but after tonight's utter shambles I have to say Cockers and/or Am need to go. That was humiliating and a disgrace. No defence and the attack was side to side. Only Tombstone was worthy of a shirt. That was not under any world romotely acceptable or tolerable.

I am not a doom monger, I would say more happy clapper but something has to change very quickly or we are going to face more embarrassing days like that.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

To be brutally honest I think the players let the coaches down. Too many simply did not perform and were bullied in every collision.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

chewbacca wrote:Listened to RL. Im surprised Steve J didn't top himself. Midway through 2nd half I thanked the gods I didn't have BT.
Luckily my BT Sport crashed! Pretty glad it did, Twitter commentary was bad enough.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Coops wrote:
chewbacca wrote:Listened to RL. Im surprised Steve J didn't top himself. Midway through 2nd half I thanked the gods I didn't have BT.
Luckily my BT Sport crashed! Pretty glad it did, Twitter commentary was bad enough.
You mean you found the OFF switch?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
GS wrote:I'm just waiting to see the post match interview. 'They just aren't playing as I want/tell them to.' Oh, wait a minute, 'Wait until we get Manu back'. That's what is it was from many on here last season......
None of that was said or offered. No excuses were offered.

Forthright was Mr Cockerill. That's something you can't take away from him.
But after that there's not much else left. For years the Tiger's catch and drive was the weapon that destroyed teams. We haven't seen that as an effective weapon for years. The scrum was all conquering but not now. OK keep Cockers, but for Pete's sake get a forwards coach who can coach. He is all that's left from the 'Good old days' but these are the carp new days.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.