Super User

SRU sell off

Post by ourla »

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: SRU sell off

Post by tigercaspian »

Any sensible business person would ask 'what am I buying'?

Perhaps a question for Messrs Craig, Wray and Boudjellal? Or what about that fella from Sports Direct?? He clearly knew all about wendyball north of the border!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Anything that brings in extra Revenue to the Scottish game is to be applauded, as long as the right type of owners can be found. I feel there is enough of a supporters base to field a third franchise in the Borders region which is a hot bed of Rugby in Scotland. I would do it myself if I had the money.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Noddy is right there is a hot bed of rugby in the Borders, the SRU did try a borders team but there was little or no support as fans remained loyal to Kelso, Jedburgh, Hawick, Melrose etc. Much as many Welsh fans ignore the regional creations like Ospreys and attend Swansea, Neath, Bridgend games.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

You can't invest in a rugby club as they don't offer a return.

SRU looking to offload £10m of cost per year but still wants a pipeline of players for the national side....cake and eat it springs to mind :smt017

I would not expect many takers !
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

No great value from Glasgow tonight against Dragons. BTW another match with a Tigers reject, Sears-Duru.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

jgriffin wrote:No great value from Glasgow tonight against Dragons. BTW another match with a Tigers reject, Sears-Duru.
Agreed I feel Dragons should have won but for that missed tackle on that flying prop for that breakaway try.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Scottish rugby is going through a really bad patch just now, can't see where any money will come from. Still enjoyed at the amateur level, but Embra are definitely in a decline that looks terminal from here.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.