The Clash - Twickers in April - Baths v Tigers - merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunks43

The Clash - Twickers in April - Baths v Tigers - merged

Post by dunks43 »

Can't see any mention on here or the main news on the website but the game away at bath in April Is now at twickers and called the clash , also confirmed on the fixture list http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... first.html
BeeJ

Re: Twickers in April

Post by BeeJ »

This change of venue was announced when the fixtures came out over 11 weeks ago. See here.
Last edited by BeeJ on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I think the April Twickenham trip, our 'away' game against Bath, has been noted and commented on already, albeit buried in one of the threads.

Could be a good excuse for a trip to HQ. Sadly, as a pessimist rather than a doom-monger, I fear it may be our only trip to Twickenham this season!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Maidman wrote:I think the April Twickenham trip, our 'away' game against Bath, has been noted and commented on already, albeit buried in one of the threads.

Could be a good excuse for a trip to HQ. Sadly, as a pessimist rather than a doom-monger, I fear it may be our only trip to Twickenham this season!
Nah! Be a good warm-up for the main event! (Busy :smt001 :smt038 )
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

strawclearer wrote:
Maidman wrote:I think the April Twickenham trip, our 'away' game against Bath, has been noted and commented on already, albeit buried in one of the threads.

Nah! Be a good warm-up for the main event! (Busy :smt001 :smt038 )

Oh I do hope so! :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

The Clash

Post by ourla »

Yes, they were a great band but that is not what I was talking about!

It's well known that Bath have moved their game at home to us this season down to HQ but did we know it was going to be for 5 years and has been labeled "The Clash"?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... velop-the/
What is certain is the five-year arrangement at Twickenham as host venue for 'The Clash’, as the game against Leicester has been billed.
Me no likey.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: The Clash

Post by Iain »

I don't think that necessarily means that it will always be their fixture against us. Just that they will play one game a season at Twickenham for five years.

Not that I like those kind of arrangements either anyway.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Bath away was my favourite weekend away clash of the year :smt012 ...I would imagine they are hoping our fanbase plus extra London dwellers with mean some decent revenue for them..

I doubt many of us will go surely?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:I don't think that necessarily means that it will always be their fixture against us. Just that they will play one game a season at Twickenham for five years.

Not that I like those kind of arrangements either anyway.
MMMmmm. could be.

But earlier in the article it says:
As Bath announced a five-year deal to host their Aviva Premiership fixture against Leicester at Twickenham
Maybe it's bad wording.

Thinking on, although I don't like it from a supporters point of view - I think it may help from a result point of view. And also it could be useful experience should we make the grand final. I presume that is now still regarded as a possibility!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

This bit:
As Bath announced a five-year deal to host their Aviva Premiership fixture against Leicester at Twickenham
Makes it sound like it's the fixture against us.

Edit: Beaten to it!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

The Bath website says...
the club have announced their ambition to stage a major fixture in the capital every year for the next five years.
So I reckon it will not be us for all five but they will choose each year. I don't see anything to suggest it will definitely be us.

http://www.bathrugby.com/club-news/bath ... ive-years/
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Some details on this years here:

http://www.bathrugby.com/theclash/

Sounds like they are putting on a bit of "a show".

Also ticket prices:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/bathrugby/ ... 1474892533

Cat 1: Adult £50.00 / Junior: £15.00
Cat 2: Adult: £25.00 / Junior: £10.00
Cat 3: Adult: £15.00 / Junior: £5.00
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

Well I have to admit, as someone who lives and works in London this is something I can actually get to more readily than a trip to Bath (where tickets are more limited anyway.) I've missed trips to HQ recently so I'll definitely be there with my son. I often make the Quins away game at the Stoop but was unable to last year, so maybe this season I'll get to see Tigers twice (or maybe even three times!)
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ourla wrote:And also it could be useful experience should we make the grand final.
That could be very interesting. Rugby League has a "grand final", the Aviva Premiership does not, just a "final".
APM16

Post by APM16 »

BATH RUGBY UNVEIL EXCITING NEW FIXTURE AT TWICKENHAM – THE CLASH

Bath Rugby will be seeking revenge when they take their home fixture against Leicester Tigers to Twickenham Stadium on 8th April. To celebrate the meeting of these historic foes in this epic clash, the club has planned a festival of entertainment for all the family before and after the first whistle is blown. For more details go to to http://www.bathrugby.com/theclashor click below to book tickets from just £15 adults / £5 juniors.

JUST BOUGHT 2 £15 TICKETS IN L14 - 2PM SATURDAY KICK OFF