Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by kpj tiger »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Wasps sign Juan De Jongh from the Stormers..

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/wasps-c ... h-signing/

Never seem him play that much anyone know if he is good surely must be if he has played for the Boks..?
He's a good player, although to my knowledge he is purely a 13 so he doesn't replace the utility of Beale nor do I think he can change the game like Beale, does this mean Daly is going to switch to 15 to make room?
Yes interesting thought KPJ, especially as Jones seems to think Daly would make a great 15..with Rob Miller though I think it is more centre cover as Kyle Eastmond is off along with Leuia + Beale...3 centre options gone albeit mostly at 12
The conjecture was this was their Beale replacement, that said I think the only other player in the world who can match Beales utility is probably James O'connor
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Suspect it is more a Eastmond replacement than a Beale one.

Whipsers Eastmond might be coming to us, BUT more likely going to Wolves.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Worcester sign Denton from Bath..good signing for them and I wonder who Bath are replacing him with...

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/denton- ... er-switch/
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Worcester sign Denton from Bath..good signing for them and I wonder who Bath are replacing him with...

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/denton- ... er-switch/
Denton was originally an injury dispensation signing wasn't he? Bath have already signed Underhill for next season.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Ah yes Underhill thanks :smt023
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

trendylfj wrote:
strawclearer wrote:More rumours coming out of France today that Picamoles has been signed / is about to be signed / has signed a pre-contract (whatever that is!) with Montpelier. Of course, it may just be Altrad doing what Altrad does best and, not surprisingly, is contradicted by statements from Stains.
Spoke to a very high ranking member of Stains medical staff (no-one higher)today who confirmed that he has gone and will really be missed
Now confirmed on the BBC here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40107397

And also on the Saints website.
mjonesss95
Tiger Cub

Post by mjonesss95 »

Newcastle have announced the signing of Cameron Cowell. 21 year old England 7s player with pace to burn. Would have been useful young depth. Probably gone as a direct replacement for Marcus Watson, will be interesting to see how he develops up north
tigers through and through!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

After the Spies rumour, RugbyInsideLine now saying "it is in fact Willem Alberts that Northampton are trying to sign to replace Picamoles."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

strawclearer wrote:After the Spies rumour, RugbyInsideLine now saying "it is in fact Willem Alberts that Northampton are trying to sign to replace Picamoles."
No flies on Saints, Albert's is not past his best.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Spoke again to my top medical man at Saints today and he said that they are on the hunt for a "top class fly half" first and foremost but wouldn't say if they had anyone in the frame. He also said that they do not have enough strength in depth to make much progress next year and that they needed "at least 2 other top class signings" - wouldn't elaborate further though.
Hehehehehehehehe
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

trendylfj wrote:Spoke again to my top medical man at Saints today and he said that they are on the hunt for a "top class fly half" first and foremost but wouldn't say if they had anyone in the frame. He also said that they do not have enough strength in depth to make much progress next year and that they needed "at least 2 other top class signings" - wouldn't elaborate further though.
Rumour has it they already have Dan Biggar on a pre-contract agreement, although I'm not sure that will be worth the paper its written on given recent events
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote:
trendylfj wrote:Spoke again to my top medical man at Saints today and he said that they are on the hunt for a "top class fly half" first and foremost but wouldn't say if they had anyone in the frame. He also said that they do not have enough strength in depth to make much progress next year and that they needed "at least 2 other top class signings" - wouldn't elaborate further though.
Rumour has it they already have Dan Biggar on a pre-contract agreement, although I'm not sure that will be worth the paper its written on given recent events
They've agreed to sign Piers Francis and Rob Horne as additional options at 10/12 and centre/wing respectively. They've been trying to sign a top quality alternative to Myler for years. I had thought that Francis was supposed to be the next new hope. Surely they can't have signed him as another centre they've got so many.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Always rated David Denton he's one of half a dozen quality players bred in Scotland over the last five years or so. The others being the Grey brothers, Finn Russell, Stuart Hogg and the winger whose name escapes me for the moment.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Noddy555 wrote:Always rated David Denton he's one of half a dozen quality players bred in Scotland over the last five years or so. The others being the Grey brothers, Finn Russell, Stuart Hogg and the winger whose name escapes me for the moment.
If they were bred in the last 5 years would that not make them a max of 5 years old?

If the winger you are thinking of is Visser...he's Dutch.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

London Irish sign Napolioni Nalaga...link to follow

Great signing for them...