Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by JP14 »

Bath Chronicle reporting that Banahan has indeed left for Gloucester next season
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 pm Bath Chronicle reporting that Banahan has indeed left for Gloucester next season
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/sport/ru ... by-1023158
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

"Sopoaga will be paid handsomely for his bold and unexpected move - perhaps more than $1m a season - and so he should be because of his age and ability. He's cashing in now, rather than being just another option at the end of the current World Cup cycle.

All Blacks are always prime targets but the famous Wasps club are getting a player pretty much in his prime. That stings just a little bit more"

Good addition for the Pests : https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/100464352/.html
Hehehehehehehehe
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 am "Sopoaga will be paid handsomely for his bold and unexpected move - perhaps more than $1m a season - and so he should be because of his age and ability. He's cashing in now, rather than being just another option at the end of the current World Cup cycle.

All Blacks are always prime targets but the famous Wasps club are getting a player pretty much in his prime. That stings just a little bit more"

Good addition for the Pests : https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/100464352/.html
Well that would seemingly confirm cips off to France then.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Top draw signing for the Locusts that.
WildGoose
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by WildGoose »

How can they afford that re the cap though, or are we all just acknowledging it isn't a real thing...?
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Theres no cap anymore. Simple as that. Maybe the powers that be should approach it a different way and force clubs to be sustainable/ limit losses?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

The rumours were true!

London Irish wing Alex Lewington has signed for Saracens and will join the Allianz Park club at the end of the current season.

Closing in on 100 appearances for the Exiles, Lewington, 26, joined Irish from Leicester Tigers ahead of the 2013/14 season.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Not overly fussed about Lewington, has weaknesses in defence which take away his strengths in attack.

Wasps on the other hand do seem to be building a quality squad for next season. Some people say they are breaking the salary cap but it goes up next season and they have a relatively small senior team, so probably within the cap, just more clever than us at spending it.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:07 pm Not overly fussed about Lewington, has weaknesses in defence which take away his strengths in attack.

Wasps on the other hand do seem to be building a quality squad for next season. Some people say they are breaking the salary cap but it goes up next season and they have a relatively small senior team, so probably within the cap, just more clever than us at spending it.
I'm sure if there is actually any problems in defence then Sarries are just the club to add this to his attacking strengths? Shame the Tigers deemed him to be surplus!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

[/quote]

I'm sure if there is actually any problems in defence then Sarries are just the club to add this to his attacking strengths? Shame the Tigers deemed him to be surplus!!
[/quote]

I don’t think he would have added much to us, and wouldn’t have ever been 1st choice, like I assume he won’t be at sarries. Now cokanasiga is a different matter, but it sounds like Bath have already signed him.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Stephen18 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 pmNow cokanasiga is a different matter, but it sounds like Bath have already signed him.
Ba*h signing Not Nots....who'd have thought it.....

Banahan replacement?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Quins confirm winger Nathan Earle from Saracens. Could be a very good signing.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 pm Quins confirm winger Nathan Earle from Saracens. Could be a very good signing.
Excellent signing from the Quins, put if Visser and Walker fit I don’t see Earle getting that much more gametime
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

[/quote]

Excellent signing from the Quins, put if Visser and Walker fit I don’t see Earle getting that much more gametime
[/quote]

I think the opposite I think he’ll be a regular starter, I don’t think quins have ever seen Walker as their 1st choice. I reckon he’ll be a straight replacement for yarde.