Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Tiglon »

Ackermann: “If he doesn’t come and speak with me I can’t help him or comment on where I think he must be.

“My door is always open so I would love him to come and talk but if he’s made up his mind either or, rugby teams are built around more than one person."

Moriarty's response on Twitter was suitably and predictably disdainful.

All that tells me is Ackermann is a truly woeful people manager. You need to make your best people feel special, feel loved, feel wanted - especially when they are in demand as Moriarty is. Someone at Gloucester needs to teach Ackermann the concept of proactive management, and quickly, or they'll be in trouble with that kind of leadership.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

You mean the same Ackermann who's dragging Glaws up the table? Had them producing some of their best rugby for years?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:22 pm You mean the same Ackermann who's dragging Glaws up the table? Had them producing some of their best rugby for years?
That'll be him.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:22 pm You mean the same Ackermann who's dragging Glaws up the table? Had them producing some of their best rugby for years?
It's also the same Ackermann who's Gloucester team shipped 57 points at Sale. And the same Ackermann who as a player was banned for using anabolic steroids. And the same Ackermann who it seems has now contributed to Gloucester losing one of their most exciting players.

I'm not saying Ackermann isn't doing any good things, but surely a better-than-average half league season shouldn't make someone beyond criticism?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:03 pm
It's also the same Ackermann who's Gloucester team shipped 57 points at Sale. And the same Ackermann who as a player was banned for using anabolic steroids. And the same Ackermann who it seems has now contributed to Gloucester losing one of their most exciting players.

I'm not saying Ackermann isn't doing any good things, but surely a better-than-average half league season shouldn't make someone beyond criticism?
Just to add to that, would you not be at all critical if Toomua had, instead of signing a new contract, decided to leave Tigers at the end of the season because Tigers couldn't be bothered to talk to him about an extension unless he came and requested one first?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Isn't contract renewals etc David Humphreys job? If Ackermann is running the team for how to play on the pitch and looking after contracts, what are the jobs that the DOR Humphreys does?
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Anyone who doubts Ackerman needs to pipe down! Took the Lions from the worse team in SA to twice losing finalists in four years,he will be a huge success at Gloc for sure.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Rumours that both Peter o’ mahony and Cj sanders both could be leaving Munster. O’mahony supposedly in talk with Saracens, sanders talks with the regions as supposedly Toulon offering 3x the salary.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Sarries? Heard it was an English team looking for a club captain. He's got French family like Zebo so it will be France anyway
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 pm Sarries? Heard it was an English team looking for a club captain. He's got French family like Zebo so it will be France anyway
The rumour I read did also mention France but no specific team, but did name sarries as talking to him.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm Anyone who doubts Ackerman needs to pipe down! Took the Lions from the worse team in SA to twice losing finalists in four years,he will be a huge success at Gloc for sure.
Seriously? What's the point of a forum if anyone who disagrees with you "needs to pipe down"?

Actually, forget it, I will pipe down. This forum has been ruined by you and others shouting down anyone who disagrees with them. I won't waste my time with it any more.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I wouldn't let a school boy drive me away
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Wasn't meant to sound harsh! Sorry ,but i certainly believe he deserves more credit than he gets,an AP team wouldn't come within a sniff of winning Super Rugby. Do they have classes for 37 year olds? 😉
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The system in rugby of retaining players on relatively short term contracts means that both clubs and players have the opportunity of ending the relationship at the end of the contract. Moriarty has exercised his right to further his career elsewhere, end of story, Glos have time to seek a replacement if they feel they need one! In soccer they tend to give longer contracts but long lasting injuries are not so common as in rugby. The extra couple of years gives football clubs the opportunity of renegotiating mid contract and extending player retention or achieving financial compensation should the player want to leave mid term. Transfer fees in rugby are still quite rare but becoming more common which may be to the detriment of our sport, loyalty of player to club or club to player is becoming a thing of the past as both parties seek success on the field.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:20 am
Scott11 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm Anyone who doubts Ackerman needs to pipe down! Took the Lions from the worse team in SA to twice losing finalists in four years,he will be a huge success at Gloc for sure.
Seriously? What's the point of a forum if anyone who disagrees with you "needs to pipe down"?

Actually, forget it, I will pipe down. This forum has been ruined by you and others shouting down anyone who disagrees with them. I won't waste my time with it any more.
I think we're all used to Scott11's enthusiastic but occasionally rather clumsy ejaculations. He almost always apologises. :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.