Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by wormus »

Ospreys are after George North for the rest of this season and on a permanent basis after.
As Gatland wants him back in Wales asap and his relationship with Saints is beyond repair then I suggest he moves back to Wales quickly, certainly before we meet Saints. :smt023
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43339484
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

wormus wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 am Ospreys are after George North for the rest of this season and on a permanent basis after.
As Gatland wants him back in Wales asap and his relationship with Saints is beyond repair then I suggest he moves back to Wales quickly, certainly before we meet Saints. :smt023
No. An apathetic North occupying a place on the field would be an advantage.
I'm not cynical just experienced
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/br ... 0x5tj.html

Kyle Godwin being linked to Ulster wouldn’t mind Tigers trying to snatch him up under there noses.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 am
wormus wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 am Ospreys are after George North for the rest of this season and on a permanent basis after.
No. An apathetic North occupying a place on the field would be an advantage.
That's assuming he turns up or Saints select him to play.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/br ... 0x5tj.html

Kyle Godwin being linked to Ulster wouldn’t mind Tigers trying to snatch him up under there noses.
Wouldn't want to get into a bidding war over Godwin, from what I've seen he's a much less consistent Toomua
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

London Irish Kiss goodbye to Brendan Venter - No, I'm not (not) Kidneying

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... d-les-kiss
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:45 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/br ... 0x5tj.html

Wouldn't want to get into a bidding war over Godwin, from what I've seen he's a much less consistent Toomua
Ulster will be far more desperate for 10 cover than us. The unfortunate proceedings that are ongoing mean they are in desperate need of a playmaker.

He'd be a good upgrade on Joe Ford though.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I would've kept Bell but I'm not privvy to the circumstances surrounding him going,maybe he wanted more game time
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

I didn't think I'd be saying this but I wouldn't be looking to sign a fly half. I can't imagine we'd get one close to being as good as toomua that's prepared to sit on the bench for most of the season Better off looking to sign a decent centre or two and give MT the 10 shirt during international periods. Joe Ford is probably prepared to hang around in case of an injury crisis.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

ghdav27 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:48 am I didn't think I'd be saying this but I wouldn't be looking to sign a fly half. I can't imagine we'd get one close to being as good as toomua that's prepared to sit on the bench for most of the season Better off looking to sign a decent centre or two and give MT the 10 shirt during international periods. Joe Ford is probably prepared to hang around in case of an injury crisis.
Agree with this, we need to strengthen the centres as we have for about 3 seasons now, with quality premiership players who we wont lose to internationals and are happy to wait for their time and we have no quality centres coming through behind our quality but injury prone centres, i know people will talk about worth, but we need someone who can slot staight in and play at that standard rather than trying to get up to speed with that level, we also have hardwick starting for the u20, who we need to look to start giving game time to off the bench like simmons is currently getting.
Last edited by Stephen18 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Nick Auterac confirmed as leaving Bath for Quins
Hehehehehehehehe
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Good move,Auterac is a very powerful young man but very raw too,Jones and Rowntree will work wonders with him.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Quins are making good signings but need a new defence coach (sorry Easter) and a new DOR if they are going to stop their downward trend from mediocrity to now what is looking like woefulness
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

John Kingston isn't going to take them anywhere IMO
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

There have been several "long term signings" recently particularly from Sale Sharks :-
Prop Joe Jones 5 years, Rob Webber 2 year extension to contract, Denny Solomona 4 years,
AJ MacGinty 4 years, Byron McGuigan 3 years, Ross Harrison 4 years + others.
"To ensure team stability in the long term!"
Bath have signed hooker Tom Dunn for 4 years.
Could this be a new trend to negotiate long term contracts giving security to the player and holding the spiraling wage demands from agents and yet allow the clubs to plan ahead within the salary caps?
I remember Cockers saying it was his big mistake to only give Telusa Veainu only a short contract after his trial @ Tigers and should have snapped him into a long term contract only for the pound notes to take off! Should Tigers be following the same path? Yes I know players get injured and we look after them unlike other clubs, eg. Tait, Crofty etc.
Thoughts please!