Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Freddie takes a while to settle for some reason,he's a better FH than Priestland for me and I hope he hits form next season for the AP sake (but not against us!😉)
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

My Bath mate reckons Vermeulen is definitely now on!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Speaking of Bath,see that they have done the dirty on James Wilson. Reneging on another years contract at the 12th hour,ifd have him at WR tomorrow!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

A lot of 10's take time to settle, nothing new or unique.

I don't see Vermeulen joining Bath after the Japanese season, his main focus will be with SA and Japan 2019 one of the big reasons he left Toulon was because he wanted to manage his game time and focus on the national setup.

Maybe for the 2020 season he might join them but really struggle to see him joining any sooner.

If he does, maybe Mercer might fancy a change of club.

50 top 14 players out of contract looking at them wouldn't mind
Raweca or Mervin O'Connor.

Avants : Mihaita Lazar, Arnaud Héguy, Maxime Escur, Simon Labouyrie, Laurent Cabarry, Nicoloz Khatiashvili, Jean-Baptiste De Clercq, Karim Bougherara, David Feao, Steve Fulau, Sione Anga’aelangi, Sacharia Taulafo, Lorenzo Cittadini, Romain Maurice, Jérémy Hurou, Pablo Huete, Johannes De Bruin, Valentin Chapon, Sitiveni Mafi, Ruehan Van Jaarsveld, Eugène N’Zi, Aisea Koliavu, Jean-Baptiste Mazoué, Lakispone Lee, Bakary Meïté, Sisaro Koyamaibole, Akapusi Qera, Nemia Soqeta, Nuku Swerling, Martin Chiappesoni Restano, Eremasi Radrodro.

Charnière : Terry Bouhraoua, Luix Roussarie, Christopher Ruiz, Ignacio Mieres.

Arrières : Paul Couet-Lannes, Baptiste Chevalier, Antoine Ratinaud, Lucas Tolot, François Tardieu, Robinson Caire, Pedro Bettencourt, Juan Cappiello, Savenaca Rawaca,Saia Fekitoa, Marvin O’Connor, Paul Perez, Joeli Lutumalagi, Clément Lavenant, Benjamin Lapeyre.

Although list is a bit outdated.
Lazar might be a good pick up if cheap enough, him and Feao both versatile.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Burns was injured half the time he was here anyway
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:51 pm A lot of 10's take time to settle, nothing new or unique.

I don't see Vermeulen joining Bath after the Japanese season, his main focus will be with SA and Japan 2019 one of the big reasons he left Toulon was because he wanted to manage his game time and focus on the national setup.

Maybe for the 2020 season he might join them but really struggle to see him joining any sooner.

If he does, maybe Mercer might fancy a change of club.

50 top 14 players out of contract looking at them wouldn't mind
Raweca or Mervin O'Connor.

Avants : Mihaita Lazar, Arnaud Héguy, Maxime Escur, Simon Labouyrie, Laurent Cabarry, Nicoloz Khatiashvili, Jean-Baptiste De Clercq, Karim Bougherara, David Feao, Steve Fulau, Sione Anga’aelangi, Sacharia Taulafo, Lorenzo Cittadini, Romain Maurice, Jérémy Hurou, Pablo Huete, Johannes De Bruin, Valentin Chapon, Sitiveni Mafi, Ruehan Van Jaarsveld, Eugène N’Zi, Aisea Koliavu, Jean-Baptiste Mazoué, Lakispone Lee, Bakary Meïté, Sisaro Koyamaibole, Akapusi Qera, Nemia Soqeta, Nuku Swerling, Martin Chiappesoni Restano, Eremasi Radrodro.

Charnière : Terry Bouhraoua, Luix Roussarie, Christopher Ruiz, Ignacio Mieres.

Arrières : Paul Couet-Lannes, Baptiste Chevalier, Antoine Ratinaud, Lucas Tolot, François Tardieu, Robinson Caire, Pedro Bettencourt, Juan Cappiello, Savenaca Rawaca,Saia Fekitoa, Marvin O’Connor, Paul Perez, Joeli Lutumalagi, Clément Lavenant, Benjamin Lapeyre.

Although list is a bit outdated.
Lazar might be a good pick up if cheap enough, him and Feao both versatile.
Agree on the props. Maybe keep an eye on Khatiashvili and how he does with the Sunwolves, if he's on a one year deal then we could bring him in, in the Autumn and settle him in over the LV replacement competition.

The big Belgian De Clercq was rated by Stade Francais at one point, might be worth giving him a one year development deal like we've tried with Baumann. If it doesn't work then we've not lost anything. He's 23/24 and playing internationally.

Didn't Racewa mess Sarries about a few years back? Agreed a deal verbally and then pulled out to stay on the sevens circuit. Paul Perez was always a brute and plays centre and wing. Could be someone to offer something different.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Signing Fe’ao would do just do us fine, I want to see Heyes given a chance next season I don’t want him to be pushed away by the signing of anymore props.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:54 pm Signing Fe’ao would do just do us fine, I want to see Heyes given a chance next season I don’t want him to be pushed away by the signing of anymore props.
Heyes is 18/19. We very much need to make the most of his potential but also not break him by pushing him into senior rugby to early. He's about a decade away from the age where most props peak, though props do seem to be peaking younger these days. If we can acquire an experienced prop that can play both sides and maybe an additional project prop to replace Baumann that would be ideal.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As far as we know our scrummagers for next year are: Cortes, Bateman, Cole, Genge, Gigena with Fe’ao and Paddy Ryan rumoured to be joining. That’s plenty in my opinion and probably this year Bateman will be asked to move to tighthead to even the numbers out. I like to see Heyes and Gigena play in the Probably Rubbish Cup next season.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:55 am As far as we know our scrummagers for next year are: Cortes, Bateman, Cole, Genge, Gigena with Fe’ao and Paddy Ryan rumoured to be joining. That’s plenty in my opinion and probably this year Bateman will be asked to move to tighthead to even the numbers out. I like to see Heyes and Gigena play in the Probably Rubbish Cup next season.
I'd describe our options as barely adequate at present and we definitely need two more. The Paddy Ryan rumours have gone quiet. I'd like us have three senior pros each side then Gigena and Heyes as development options. Cole and Genge with possibly any PI prop we sign being on international duty as well as injuries which given Cilliers previous is to be expected.

So;
LH: Genge, Bateman, A N Other, Gigena
TH: Cole, Cilliers, A N Other, Heyes

That should about do it. Maybe an additional development prop given the extended A league.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 am So;
LH: Genge, Bateman, A N Other, Gigena
TH: Cole, Cilliers, A N Other, Heyes

That should about do it. Maybe an additional development prop given the extended A league.
Should, by the sounds of it, look more like
LH - Genge, Bateman, Gigena, Hills/Grahamslaw
TH - Cole, Cilliers, Feao, Cortes, Heyes

With Feao and Bateman interchangeable between loose and tight where required. Although we've not seen anything confirming Traynor has gone yet, in the same way Rizzo and Baumann have been confirmed?