Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Hot_Charlie »

grobyman wrote:
Spicer wrote:
jgriffin wrote: Deano seems to be building a top 6 side by the minute. Will no longer be easy points oop North.
Their backs are getting more and more dangerous. They lack forwards though.
Wonder where their money is coming from. Obviously some from PRL through the TV deal. Not a large club with large fan base? Just wondering...........
Prudent spending perhaps? The players they are signing are well known but maybe aren't breaking the bank. Goneva, Mermoz and van der Merwe all 30+. Wouldn't be surprised if Parling appeared there to add a bit more top level experience to the pack.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
grobyman wrote:
Spicer wrote:
Wonder where their money is coming from. Obviously some from PRL through the TV deal. Not a large club with large fan base? Just wondering...........
Prudent spending perhaps? The players they are signing are well known but maybe aren't breaking the bank. Goneva, Mermoz and van der Merwe all 30+. Wouldn't be surprised if Parling appeared there to add a bit more top level experience to the pack.

Or their Deano has given there owner (kurdi) enough confidence to start splashing the cash.

Mermoz, Goneva (who is on more than he was here) and DTH might be over 30 but all three where being courted by big clubs.

The attendances and the performances will certainly encourage Kurdi to invest more into the team.

Suspect Altred (or whatever will do similar to Kurdi and but 40% of the club.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Fissler saying Bristol have offered Ian Madigan more than the £500k tabled by Northampton Saints. Some sources say a deal with Saints is done though.

He also reports Ryan Mills (10/12) is out of contract at Worcester Warriors this summer and is attracting interest from Wasps and Sale.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scott Fardy signs for Leinster. Strangely he is going there as a second row and Leinster statistically have the best scrum in Europe and one thing he isn't is a scrummaging lock,he's a 6 all day and a damn good one at that! Maybe Conan is coming,they certainly arnt short of back rowers!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Confirmed on Twitter by Rugby World: Madigan to Bristol, 3 year deal!
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 3966118912

Rugby Inside Line is suggesting Bristol, Quins and Saints are competing to sign Fekitoa.

With their reputation for being totally wrong on most rumours I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Still, would love to see Fekitoa here.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

fentiger wrote:Confirmed on Twitter by Rugby World: Madigan to Bristol, 3 year deal!
I just cannot get my head round why anyone with international ambitions, or indeed any ambition at all, is prepared to stagnate in the second tier having taken such a step down to get there. Money is obviously the bigger factor for him.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Iain wrote:
fentiger wrote:Confirmed on Twitter by Rugby World: Madigan to Bristol, 3 year deal!
I just cannot get my head round why anyone with international ambitions, or indeed any ambition at all, is prepared to stagnate in the second tier having taken such a step down to get there. Money is obviously the bigger factor for him.
I think you've just asked and answered your own question pretty well there!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Of course I have, but I just can't get my head around the extent to which money is everything to him. I couldn't understand Varndell or Henson's moves when they happened either.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Varndells international career was over, as was Hensons, so money becomes a more motivating factor.

Madigans decision, when a Premiership or Top 14 club could have taken him, defies logic.
Valhalla I am coming!
BIttySmalls

Post by BIttySmalls »

strawclearer wrote:
Iain wrote:
I think you've just asked and answered your own question pretty well there!
Do you think Bristol know something about ring fencing that the rest of us don't?

OR

Without the play-offs in the Championship they will be a shoo-in for promotion so one season down there isn't a massive deal when the sweetener of £500k pa. over 3 years is available.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Gloucester Rugby confirm that Head Coach Laurie Fisher has left the club with immediate effect. :smt039
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

I think you've just asked and answered your own question pretty well
I just cannot get my head round why anyone with international ambitions, or indeed any ambition at all, is prepared to stagnate in the second tier having taken such a step down to get there. Money is obviously the bigger factor for him.[/quote]
I think you've just asked and answered your own question pretty well there![/quote]

Do you think Bristol know something about ring fencing that the rest of us don't?

OR

Without the play-offs in the Championship they will be a shoo-in for promotion so one season down there isn't a massive deal when the sweetener of £500k pa. over 3 years is available.[/quote]

Also didn't fancy Saints allegedly for similar money. I suspect more the allure of the coaching credibility coming in.
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Leinster have signed back James Lowe from the Chiefs and have announced that Ireland second row Mike McCarthy is to leave for France.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39183293

Freeing up Jack Conan, perhaps, for a move away from the Province?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BIttySmalls wrote:https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... 3966118912

Rugby Inside Line is suggesting Bristol, Quins and Saints are competing to sign Fekitoa.

With their reputation for being totally wrong on most rumours I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Still, would love to see Fekitoa here.
Sounds like his agent is trying to get a good deal out of the NZRU. He isn't coming here and ditching the ABs at his age.