Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Possible citing for Ashton!

Post by Iain »

It doesn't look good. You'd question why the hand was near his mouth in the first place but you can't bite people.

There's definitely a case to answer.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Having not seen the clip I'm not going to rush to judgement, but if he did what is alleged then he should get a minimum ban of 32 games like his former colleague who intentionally broke Rob Hawkins elbow. What is it about the Saints ethos that breeds thugs like this?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Having not seen the clip I'm not going to rush to judgement, but if he did what is alleged then he should get a minimum ban of 32 games like his former colleague who intentionally broke Rob Hawkins elbow. What is it about the Saints ethos that breeds thugs like this?
No Noddy. No.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

He was lucky he didn't get a yellow card for a swinging arm earlier in the game.

I saw the alleged biting incident after the fact, although it has to be said that if the referee saw something and alluded that he would be reviewing the incident after the match, then why didn't he review it at the time?

Or isn't he allowed to?

Anyway, Ashton will likely get a ban, because the footage showed to me, what was a pretty obvious bite. I have to say that he seems to have become a an arrogant and ill-disciplined player. Shame, because he has obvious talent.

Eddie Jones was there too, and this sort of thing is probably why Ashton is nowhere near the England team at the moment.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Having not seen the clip I'm not going to rush to judgement, but if he did what is alleged then he should get a minimum ban of 32 games like his former colleague who intentionally broke Rob Hawkins elbow. What is it about the Saints ethos that breeds thugs like this?
No Noddy. No.
32 weeks...... chortle.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly, as I understood it he didn't see the incident. The player drew his attention to it by remonstrating with him, at which I point I think I'm right in saying he cannot refer it to the TMO. He said "it will be dealt with after the game if there is clear evidence.

As it goes, Low Entry ban for biting is 12 weeks. Mid range is 18 weeks, top end is 24+ weeks. It's low entry, let's be fair. Remembering of course that the tariff can be reduced for a guilty plea and a good record. Ashton does have a sizeable rap sheet, so will not get the full reduction. If he pleads guilty, my prediction is 9 or 10 weeks.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:Roly, as I understood it he didn't see the incident. The player drew his attention to it by remonstrating with him, at which I point I think I'm right in saying he cannot refer it to the TMO. He said "it will be dealt with after the game if there is clear evidence.

As it goes, Low Entry ban for biting is 12 weeks. Mid range is 18 weeks, top end is 24+ weeks. It's low entry, let's be fair. Remembering of course that the tariff can be reduced for a guilty plea and a good record. Ashton does have a sizeable rap sheet, so will not get the full reduction. If he pleads guilty, my prediction is 9 or 10 weeks.
Ah, that becomes clearer. Thanks Iain.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Has now been cited (Premiership Rugby, sorry no link) for biting Waller on TWO separate occasions!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

fentiger wrote:Has now been cited (Premiership Rugby, sorry no link) for biting Waller on TWO separate occasions!
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/aviva-p ... ugby-news/
http://www.englandrugby.com/news/ashton ... ary-panel/
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

wormus wrote:
fentiger wrote:Has now been cited (Premiership Rugby, sorry no link) for biting Waller on TWO separate occasions!
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/aviva-p ... ugby-news/
http://www.englandrugby.com/news/ashton ... ary-panel/
If the citings are upheld will any sanction be doubled or halved if he pleads guilty :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I think they should be lenient - he was probably just trying to make a good impression.

Bit (pun) of a dentist joke there! :smt003

I'll get my white coat...

But to be serious - if he is found guilty and there was no provocation like 'fish-hooking', then they might look to insist that he uses his 'time out' to get help. Given his history, perhaps he should see somebody!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

strawclearer wrote:I think they should be lenient - he was probably just trying to make a good impression.

Bit (pun) of a dentist joke there! :smt003

I'll get my white coat...

But to be serious - if he is found guilty and there was no provocation like 'fish-hooking', then they might look to insist that he uses his 'time out' to get help. Given his history, perhaps he should see somebody!
Hannibal Lecter :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I always thought Waller was a tasty player......
:smt009
Share the coat on the way out...........?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote:I always thought Waller was a tasty player......
:smt009
Share the coat on the way out...........?
I wonder if Hannibal Cashton refers to Saffas ever smiling hooker, Schalk Brits, as a 'happy meal'? :smt016

Yes - we'll share the coat!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives