Facebook Competition

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MJB

Facebook Competition

Post by MJB »

I see that yet another competition - this time to win a signed Tigers shirt - is open to Facebook users only. Am I alone in thinking that this is a little unfair to those of us who do not use Facebook?
BeeJ

Re: Facebook Competition

Post by BeeJ »

MJB wrote:Am I alone in thinking that this is a little unfair to those of us who do not use Facebook?
No. I'm with you on this one.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

There are a good few comments below about how you wouldn't want to win the shirt it is so poorly made..many people have had to take a good few back due to the quality

Nice one Tigers :smt023
MJB

Post by MJB »

I take your point about the quality, JFJ, that's one of the reasons why I decided to get another year's wear out of last season's shirt. However, it would be great to have a chance to win the competition and put the framed shirt on my office wall!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MJB wrote:I see that yet another competition - this time to win a signed Tigers shirt - is open to Facebook users only. Am I alone in thinking that this is a little unfair to those of us who do not use Facebook?
I'm not on facebook and don't feel particularly upset or hard done to.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Have not seen the competition but this will be a marketing strategy to try and get more leads or interest in Leicester Tigers. See nothing wrong with that. If you really want to enter, you are able to get on Facebook.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's a bit like having competitions that only certain age groups for example can only take part in or if you are a customer of a particular mobile phone provider as another example. It happens a lot but of course people will find anything to have another dig and make a negative comments about Tigers.
MJB

Post by MJB »

ellis9 wrote:...people will find anything to have another dig and make a negative comments about Tigers.
Perhaps I should explain that this was not my intention in my OP. I was simply wondering aloud whether the club had actually considered the possibility that we do not all use Facebook. It's not just Tigers either - I've seen a number of competitions on other sites which require would-be entrants to 'Like' something or on Facebook.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

MJB wrote:I've seen a number of competitions on other sites which require would-be entrants to 'Like' something or on Facebook.
Precisely that MJB, social media is a platform to get instantly to a wider audience by self awareness, ie all those followers that 'like' a post will let their FB friends know about it, at a fraction of the cost of running a promo on a website or offline methods.

Tigers have nearly 200,000 followers, each follower has on average several hundred friends, which makes a huge awareness and potential for more followers.

It's not a case of one or the other, just now and then boost (and measure) your social media awareness. Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs! :smt023
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:
MJB wrote:I've seen a number of competitions on other sites which require would-be entrants to 'Like' something or on Facebook.
Precisely that MJB, social media is a platform to get instantly to a wider audience by self awareness, ie all those followers that 'like' a post will let their FB friends know about it, at a fraction of the cost of running a promo on a website or offline methods.

Tigers have nearly 200,000 followers, each follower has on average several hundred friends, which makes a huge awareness and potential for more followers.

It's not a case of one or the other, just now and then boost (and measure) your social media awareness. Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs! :smt023
Bernie Ecclestone has sold 30% of his business to an American company he openly acknowledges are more media savvy than him and with the sport's engagement in social media, will open it up to potentially millions more supporters.

It's the way forward.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I Doubt it will unless the way F1 is currently run changes as well, which it won't with B.E still as CEO.
As was stated in the press It has been run as a "dictatorship" B.E has for years not been interested in the Sport only the amount he can take from It.

Only time will tell if the Rugby Premiership clubs taken over by money men, will attempt to do the same. Which is why I am happy to say Tigers are nor will they ever be in that position the way the Club is set up.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Roly wrote:
Norfolk & Goode wrote:

Bernie Ecclestone has sold 30% of his business to an American company he openly acknowledges are more media savvy than him and with the sport's engagement in social media, will open it up to potentially millions more supporters.

It's the way forward.
Can this be made a 'sticky' please? A positive post from Roly.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Qbec wrote:I Doubt it will unless the way F1 is currently run changes as well, which it won't with B.E still as CEO.
As was stated in the press It has been run as a "dictatorship" B.E has for years not been interested in the Sport only the amount he can take from It.

Only time will tell if the Rugby Premiership clubs taken over by money men, will attempt to do the same. Which is why I am happy to say Tigers are nor will they ever be in that position the way the Club is set up.
No but we are now the Arsenal of Rugby.. :smt003