Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it not obvious....

Post by h's dad »

SIBARITE wrote:
jgriffin wrote:I will travel to WR in hope on Sunday (well, in a Mazda actually....) :smt003

Your smiley after mentioning Mazda is close to a racial slur!
I picked up a girl on a cycle once... :smt051
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

h's dad wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
jgriffin wrote:I will travel to WR in hope on Sunday (well, in a Mazda actually....) :smt003

Your smiley after mentioning Mazda is close to a racial slur!
I picked up a girl on a cycle once... :smt051
Which was heavier, the girl or the cycle?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Smudge wrote:I am a long term critic of RC as I have always thought him unworthy of the role.
So you made up your mind a long time ago and if we have success or play well it's despite of him and if we play poorly it's because of him.
Smudge wrote:Well he went on his merry way and in time we have had a change of all the coaches with the exception of RC. Yet we still have the same or similar problems.
Is that the 3 games this season problem or the 10 years of Cockers in charge problem?
Smudge wrote:Add to that, the opinions stressed by departed players and club insiders is very enlightening.
Is it really. Players that have been let go by a DoR have criticised said DoR, well there's a shocker. What about all the players he kept and have a good careers under him, what do they say.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Ourla wrote :-
Is it really. Players that have been let go by a DoR have criticised said DoR, well there's a shocker. What about all the players he kept and have a good careers under him, what do they say.

Sorry Smudge, I know you don't want to be put in the same camp as Roly and SIBARITE but you are coming across very much in the same mold here.
Fair comment Ourla dear but you are assuming I don't know them.(Players)The point is I do.
I attend home games with two former players and know quite a lot of those you describe.
Castro's description of his former boss was and is shared by many.
As for the Naysayers on here, I am broadly in tune with their sentiments and
support their right to express them.
Equal and opposite points of view are entirely acceptable. What is annoying is
the rabid reaction of some to the well founded reservations and concerns of many.
A life long Tiger
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Smudge wrote:Ourla wrote :-
Fair comment Ourla dear but you are assuming I don't know them.(Players)The point is I do.
I attend home games with two former players and know quite a lot of those you describe.
Castro's description of his former boss was and is shared by many.
As for the Naysayers on here, I am broadly in tune with their sentiments and
support their right to express them.
Equal and opposite points of view are entirely acceptable. What is annoying is
the rabid reaction of some to the well founded reservations and concerns of many.
Bringing up the Castro rant doesn't help your argument. I think only one person came out of that badly. And I like Castro.

Surely by now everyone knows Cockerills personality. Some players are going to be happy with it and some not. We are going to lose players by it and some not.

To be honest I think it's an irrelevance. Cockerill gets a lot of press and as fans of course we analyse in minute detail. But I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same for every DoR.