Tigers v Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bath

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:My initial feeling at the time was that it shouldn't have been that easy to score having caught a 50-50 ball in the air. Technically that should have been Veainu's to cover if all things were equal, but the nature of the kick was such that they weren't. Having seen the replay, blaming anyone would have been harsh.
Steward's Enquiry.

We agree again.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:My initial feeling at the time was that it shouldn't have been that easy to score having caught a 50-50 ball in the air. Technically that should have been Veainu's to cover if all things were equal, but the nature of the kick was such that they weren't. Having seen the replay, blaming anyone would have been harsh.
Steward's Enquiry.

We agree again.
Careful Roly, you don't want to be called a Happy Clapper. :smt023
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:
Steward's Enquiry.

We agree again.
There are things that we agree on that we acknowledge and analyse.

There are things that we disagree upon that we will debate and attempt to persuade on.

All part and parcel of a healthy forum :smt023
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Iain wrote:
Roly wrote:
Steward's Enquiry.

We agree again.
There are things that we agree on that we acknowledge and analyse.

There are things that we disagree upon that we will debate and attempt to persuade on.

All part and parcel of a healthy forum :smt023
I'm beginning to think that you two :smt007 should get a room!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

I dont want to disturb the lovebirds but I disagree.

TV started to move for a high ball that was a sliced kick. He got nowhere near it - the instant It was clear he couldn't get there he would have known it would land in the midst of a mele of players. At that point it was no longer his to chase but he carried on so was clearly out of position when JR caught it. Whether he would have been able to stop JR at full pace even if he was in a better position is another matter.

I liked Tait at 12 (but then I like him as a defensive full back). TV looked rusty in defence at 15 - his positional play and poor kicking showed that., but that can quickly be polished off. In attack the skill set and the seeing of the space and opportunities is similar to a winger's so less rusty. If Tait is to continue at 12 it's to be hoped TV has worked on his weaknesses. I'd play Tait at 12 until Toomua is ready.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Tait was much better at 12 - but then the whole backline looked better with Owen calling the show from 10. I still think Burns is in danger of being the best fullback we never had. His kicking and running game from 15 and ability to come in as a second playmaker seems a better fit than at 10 where's he's struggling to give the team momentum.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Roly wrote:Tait was much better at 12 - but then the whole backline looked better with Owen calling the show from 10. I still think Burns is in danger of being the best fullback we never had. His kicking and running game from 15 and ability to come in as a second playmaker seems a better fit than at 10 where's he's struggling to give the team momentum.
That would explain the Cockers quote on the Toomua thread - play Freddie at 15.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Roly wrote:Tait was much better at 12 - but then the whole backline looked better with Owen calling the show from 10. I still think Burns is in danger of being the best fullback we never had. His kicking and running game from 15 and ability to come in as a second playmaker seems a better fit than at 10 where's he's struggling to give the team momentum.
That could be a really good call. Freddie has played quite a bit at full back and to good effect by all accounts.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Grimlish wrote:
That would explain the Cockers quote on the Toomua thread - play Freddie at 15.
I didn't read the article - but perhaps Cockers isn't such a bad chap after all....