Ex Tigers Premiership Squad 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

Re: Ex Tigers Premiership Squad 2016/17

Post by SIBARITE »

johnthegriff wrote:I have never spoken to Dai Young, Rob Baxter or Mark McCall but Deano is one for whom I have a great admiration, having said that several players of his time in charge had a problem with him, some stayed, some departed. Players always think that they should be selected and some think that the team should play differently, very few go on to be successful coaches. Players reaching the end of their careers rarely recognise the fact until they find themselves playing at a lower level and struggling. Cockers support for injured players particularly ones whose playing time ended abruptly (Brett Deacon, Richard Blaze, Anthony Allen) must earn him credit in the dressing room. Players I have spoken to are largely happy and have respect for Cocker, there have been some in the past who felt they had a grievance but lets face it who of us has not disagreed with our boss at some time.

The self employed :smt043
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

SIBARITE wrote:
johnthegriff wrote:I have never spoken to Dai Young, Rob Baxter or Mark McCall but Deano is one for whom I have a great admiration, having said that several players of his time in charge had a problem with him, some stayed, some departed. Players always think that they should be selected and some think that the team should play differently, very few go on to be successful coaches. Players reaching the end of their careers rarely recognise the fact until they find themselves playing at a lower level and struggling. Cockers support for injured players particularly ones whose playing time ended abruptly (Brett Deacon, Richard Blaze, Anthony Allen) must earn him credit in the dressing room. Players I have spoken to are largely happy and have respect for Cocker, there have been some in the past who felt they had a grievance but lets face it who of us has not disagreed with our boss at some time.

Amusing, I'll give you, but you've either never been self employed or are self employed because you are too arrogant for anyone to employ you :smt002
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
johnthegriff wrote:...there have been some in the past who felt they had a grievance but lets face it who of us has not disagreed with our boss at some time.

Amusing, I'll give you, but you've either never been self employed or are self employed because you are too arrogant for anyone to employ you :smt002
If you want to work for an idiot then become self-employed - I did! :smt026
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives