Teams Up v Newcastle (A)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers away to Falcons...

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: At this stage of the season I will take any win over the performance.
Congrats Tigerbeat your wish came true on both accounts :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Teams Up v Newcastle (A)

Post by baz1664 »

Tigers are missing a top class full back and a quality power house 8, we have no get go, Tait catches and kicks aimlessly, he runs into trouble and puts us on the back foot, a quality 8 would give us the front foot rugby we need, we're flat, clueless in attack and should have lost today. JPP is a class above and we are lucky to have him, Genge lacked maturity today and the scrum at the end was embarrassing, next week is massive for tigers, lose to Bath at home then I think the top brass have big decisions to make!
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Sure it is very early in the season, but already the feeling is that we will be challenging for an away semi in the premiership, at best

6 teams who will not be in the mix. Bristol, Newcastle, Sale, Gloucester, Worcester and Quins.

Sarries and Wasps are setting the pace. So where are we in the Bath, Exeter, Saints, and Tigers pecking order.

Well we will know by 5 pm Sunday. It is not right to attach the label of season defining to the 4th game of the season but it is not far short.

If Freddie's HIA at the end means Williams starts on Sunday at 10 with consequent mid field changes it might just be a welcome forced change, as long as it isn't Tait at 13!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Tait shouldn't be in the 23 !
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Not overly concerned but admit that not the standard expected. However, I would be more worried if the coaches said we were playing well.....they admit that there are things to work. Tigers are trying to play a more expansive game and decision making has let us down.
Oh and by the way, they have been playing on pitches that are not familiar to them (Welford Road and Kingston Park).
Sarries, Wasps and Bath have started well and are leading the way. Some work to be done but have not given up this season.....a long way to go!!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There were a lot that wanted a new coach and a new approach to the game, so now that has happened and still there's no one happy.
I'll take a frustrating win away thankyou.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote:There were a lot that wanted a new coach and a new approach to the game, so now that has happened and still there's no one happy.
I'll take a frustrating win away thankyou.
Actually I think supporters want success, achieve some silverware and everyone will be delirious.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Not overly concerned but admit that not the standard expected. However, I would be more worried if the coaches said we were playing well.....they admit that there are things to work. Tigers are trying to play a more expansive game and decision making has let us down.
Oh and by the way, they have been playing on pitches that are not familiar to them (Welford Road and Kingston Park).
Sarries, Wasps and Bath have started well and are leading the way. Some work to be done but have not given up this season.....a long way to go!!

:smt023
To play an expansive game you need ball handling skills and fit and available centres, something we are still without after some 3 seasons.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

And the same old :censored: will be spouted off by Cockerill and certain players who get interviewed that the performance was unacceptable and we will work hard in training and we must do better bla,bla,blah. heard it all before and still nothing changes. Tigers only managed 14 points against a mediocre team who conceded 50+ points against a team who Tigers will be playing next week. I bet all the happy clappers will be saying there is nothing wrong and it's all still early days. Well all I will say is to those people you a really living in cloud cuckoo land.
And I bet most of you lot think Tigers will beat Bath? dream on.
Last edited by g on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Tait saved two tries today with last ditch tackles. Yes, he doesn't have the attacking threat he used to, but to say he was awful is harsh. I didn't think TV showed anything today, and he doesn't fill me with confidence as a defensive fullback.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Bath put 50+ on Falcons last week, Wasps 70 on Bristol. Our back play is so predictable and unimaginative. I do fear for when we play a good side, Wasps really put our current state in perspective last week. I dread to think that they may be waiting for Toomua to light up the midfield, the season may be gone by then.
I am normally a positive person, I remember watching games and feeling confident that we would win, some in very dire circumstances (a la Gloucester), that confidence has eroded over the last couple of seasons. Today was a bullet dodged, not sure how many more will be avoided.
A very quick uplift and performance is needed for next week, no doubt it will be or close to a full house it would be great to having a performance to shout and cheer at rather than the flat atmosphere for most of the Wasps game, the crowd noise is absolutely linked to what happens on the field. I hope with everything crossed that it's noisy!!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

grobyman wrote:Bath put 50+ on Falcons last week, Wasps 70 on Bristol. Our back play is so predictable and unimaginative. I do fear for when we play a good side, Wasps really put our current state in perspective last week. I dread to think that they may be waiting for Toomua to light up the midfield, the season may be gone by then.
I am normally a positive person, I remember watching games and feeling confident that we would win, some in very dire circumstances (a la Gloucester), that confidence has eroded over the last couple of seasons. Today was a bullet dodged, not sure how many more will be avoided.
A very quick uplift and performance is needed for next week, no doubt it will be or close to a full house it would be great to having a performance to shout and cheer at rather than the flat atmosphere for most of the Wasps game, the crowd noise is absolutely linked to what happens on the field. I hope with everything crossed that it's noisy!!!
Remind me, who is the backs coach and who is the defence coach?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

State the blindingly obvious?

Try to post any analysis and you get pinged for being an armchair expert.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Big Dai wrote:State the blindingly obvious?

Try to post any analysis and you get pinged for being an armchair expert.
Not talking about you Big Dai :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Sapajo, I agree. A lot of people said they wanted a new style of play and games to be more exciting. Both the Gloucester and Wasps matches were entertaining yet that's not good enough apparently. I will always take a victory of any kind and by any margin. 4 points today, that'll do!