Nottingham!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lutontiger

Nottingham!

Post by Lutontiger »

Has any other major sporting side got the name of another town in prime position on their ground?
I was rather disappointed to see that in a plum location on the new stand, facing the main road by which most visitors approach, was 'Nottingham Building Society' written large. I know we need sponsors' money but couldn't their logo have been beneath a Leicester Tigers sign? Hopefully that will come, but at the moment we seem to be promoting a Notts business more than our own.
SIBARITE

Re: Nottingham!

Post by SIBARITE »

Lutontiger wrote:Has any other major sporting side got the name of another town in prime position on their ground?
I was rather disappointed to see that in a plum location on the new stand, facing the main road by which most visitors approach, was 'Nottingham Building Society' written large. I know we need sponsors' money but couldn't their logo have been beneath a Leicester Tigers sign? Hopefully that will come, but at the moment we seem to be promoting a Notts business more than our own.
Is this complaint for real. They are putting good money into Tigers for their brand to be promoted. Mutually beneficial.
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

...and I bet Nottm Rugby are seething as well as being short of money & sponsorship!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Since when was Nottingham building society a sporting team?

How many Leicester businesses can afford to sponsor a stand or a stadium.

I mean Walkers is technically called Walkers anymore is it?

Nice to see an early front runner for most pointless thread of the season
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Would you accept Santander, a town in Spain? It absorbed the Alliance and Leicester a while ago.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Purely a sponsor getting publicity. Have you asked them who else they sponsor or support?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

On a related note I really don't like the new sloping stand, I understand why they did it, but it looks 'orrible.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's better than a temporary stand though right?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Tom Tom wrote:...and I bet Nottm Rugby are seething as well as being short of money & sponsorship!
I sit next to an ex-Tigers player who has been chairman (or was it president) of Nottingham. First thing he mentioned on Saturday. Not a happy bunny.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

But why would they sponsor nottingham ? Surely everyone in nottingham knows about the nottingham building society , but in Leicester we dont, that is what sponsorship is about, getting your branding exposed to new markets
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Also Nottingham rugby club wont feature in europe and in as many televised matches as tigers so not getting the exposure the company obviously wants.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
maire88
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maire88 »

I think saying Nottingham won't be in Europe isn't entirely correct. Last time I checked Ireland was still in Europe :smt003 and we're playing Leinster in the B&I this season :smt003
One thing I will concede is Nottingham have quite a lot of sponsorship from predominantly local companies. Those sponsoring Leicester are predominantly bigger national companies and Leicester has no building society since A&L was swallowed by Santander so I sort of get what's being said about new markets. However at a time when Nottingham are desperate for cash for permanent stands and work on the pitch the fact a local business would rather sponsor the stand of a team who frankly aren't that desperate for cash or sponsorship rather than try and help their local team because 'it looks better' is frankly pretty bad!
Formerly hww27
Proud to have been the Tom Youngs Fan Club since 2010
Rhinos rule :smt002 :smt050
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Maire88 i agree with your sentiments but unfortunately companies dont see that when allocating budgets for sponsorship etc they just see what will give them the best return. It is sad however that some local sponsorship/support isn't shown by these types of companies to local sport teams, charities etc.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

Nottingham Building Society are trying to spread their brand in Leicestershire, with the Tag Rugby programme that helps to achieve their aim.

Tigers probably see this as an opportunity to attract support from Nottingham.

So a good fit plus as a club that does not have a sugar daddy we need to finance our development plans.
gimmee

Post by gimmee »

THE MOST HORRIBLE VIEW FROM THE BANK IS THE ROBIN HOOD STAND. GET THE ROLLING STONES IN AND PAINT IT BLACK