Tigers v Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Wasps

Post by ellis9 »

I bet Harrison would be fuming if he was dropped this week. I hope players are fuming when they don't get picked. They all want to play every week so I would expect them to be disappointed when not picked. It's a good thing, they will try harder in training the following week and if they come on from the bench. All but 15 players should be fuming every week.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

It will do Youngs some good IMO to have a player start ahead of him on form, Lenny hasn't been playing up to his potential he can play at IMO recently.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

It looks as though Dai Youngs has studied the tapes from Tigers win at Glaws last week and consequently gone for a very strong Wasps bench. Let us hope that we do not try to leave it late this week.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Interesting selections, sure we more than a match for them at Welford Road.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

sapajo wrote:One of the reasons I continue to pay my season ticket is to see our best players in action.
BUt just because you think someone is a better player doesnt mean they are, the Management decide not only who is the better player but who is also in the best form
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

darganj wrote:
ourla wrote:
darganj wrote:I don't think Leicester show Ben Youngs enough respect. He should be starting, he is the better player.
Everybody goes on about player welfare then when you give a guy a bit of a rest it's showing disrespect. You can't win.
You can, rest him against Worcester (away and home) and Bristol (away and home) and Newcastle at home.

Not Wasps at home when he wants to keep the England starting 9 shirt. He must be fuming
he doesn't deserve to start right now, Cockers preaches if you play well you keep the shirt so to drop Harrison when Youngs has done nothing of note and Harrison was MOTM would be ridiculous
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Hinckley Bob wrote:It looks as though Dai Youngs has studied the tapes from Tigers win at Glaws last week and consequently gone for a very strong Wasps bench. Let us hope that we do not try to leave it late this week.
Gloucester don't have the depth that Wasps had so they had little choice. You need a strong starting line up and a strong bench. Your bench is simply an indicator of the depth of your squad.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Roly wrote:Who is reffing should be irrelevant if the team removes the potential for indifferent officiating from the equation.
Roly, I never had you down as a hopeless romantic. There are 2 teams of (most of the time) 15 imperfect players, with opposing aims, who play with a ball designed to behave awkwardly. Ignoring other variables such as the weather, there are so many things out of an individual team's control. No way can they stop marginal calls arising thus leaving scope for indifferent officiating.

Marginal calls may not arise, but not because anybody deliberately set out to make sure there weren't any - they can try and reduce the possibility, but not eradicate them completely.
That's pretty much what I meant, witness the first 50 minutes v Glaws and you get the idea....
I did and I don't. You are saying that a team can play in a way to eradicate dubious reffing decisions. I'm saying that that is cloud cuckoo land.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

So are Manu, Veaniu and Barrow injured or have been dropped?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Spicer wrote:So are Manu, Veaniu and Barrow injured or have been dropped?
Barrow was concussed and even if he has passed the return to play test giving him a week off is probably a good idea. If he hasn't passed the test then he isn't available.

TV came off at half time following a quiet first half so may well have twinged something. Manu didn't look completely comfortable as he left the field and it was called cramp at the time. Maybe he has a little pull. It's early in the season, any hint of something and it's best to rotate them out whilst we have the majority of our options available.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Manu and Telusa are injured and Barrow still being rested from concussion.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

How injured are they Ellis?
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Quite interesting odds this week: Tigers 4/6, Wasps 13/8 and the draw 22/1. Handicap is Tigers -4. We are shorter to beat Wasps than we were Gloucester. Rock Bottom 1/100000 to be post match band.

No problem with team selection for me. Looks like we have gone for the best we have available. Harrison deserves his chance IMO. Last TWO weeks he has been our best player.

Looks like a wet and soggy one. Gut feeling is not many tries. Maybe a 15-12 type affair today. Also think the 10s might decide this and if that is true we need to manage Cips a lot better than Sale away last time.

Fingers crossed on a sellout with 23,000 already done. A bit worrying if we can't fill the stadium for our first home game especially after last week's thriller. But then the weather and LCFC on TV at 530 might impact on that.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Given the weather, it will be interesting to see how the pitch performs.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Given the weather, it will be interesting to see how the pitch performs.
Unlike the paddock, I hope the Tigers don't deliver a 'flat; performance :smt043 :smt043
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat