Tigers v Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Wasps

Post by Stu_F »

Old Hob wrote:I'll just mention Genge as the archetype of players out there today. Came on, was aggressive, did some good things then commits a stupid, unnecessary, blatant foul under Sir's nose and guarantees that we don't even get the losing bonus point. All his good work undone because he is unable to think clearly under pressure (Thank you Sir Clive). Of course the happy brigade will argue that this was a tactical retreat to lull the rest of the Premiership into writing us off and so they won't be expecting it when we go into a telephone box and put our Superman suits on.
In Genge's defence it seemed an odd decision to do a short drop out under the current law interuptations, with players jumping in air from either direction it is a bit of an accident waiting to happen.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Stu_F wrote:
Old Hob wrote:I'll just mention Genge as the archetype of players out there today. Came on, was aggressive, did some good things then commits a stupid, unnecessary, blatant foul under Sir's nose and guarantees that we don't even get the losing bonus point. All his good work undone because he is unable to think clearly under pressure (Thank you Sir Clive). Of course the happy brigade will argue that this was a tactical retreat to lull the rest of the Premiership into writing us off and so they won't be expecting it when we go into a telephone box and put our Superman suits on.
In Genge's defence it seemed an odd decision to do a short drop out under the current law interuptations, with players jumping in air from either direction it is a bit of an accident waiting to happen.
Burns played very well, but his short drop out was utterly incomprehensible. :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Saracens will concede less points in the season than tigers have already conceded in 2 matches and somebody says every team so far has won one lost one that will mean diddly squat if it comes down to points difference at the end of the season. Tigers will not win anything with such a leaky defence. They need to win a trophy this season otherwise I cannot see the Tigers hierarchy accepting another failure for the 4th or 5th season. And action will need to be taken. Maybe Richard has taken this club as far as he can and may need to move on.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Not incomprehensible. If he had signalled it clearly and we could have retained possession, Wasps being caught off guard...
Because at that stage possession was vital. Clearly not enough communication.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

The Happy Clappers have been mooting a great all round team, fit to take anyone on.
The Doom Mongers-------of which I must be one------- have consistently said Tuilagi is now a liability, there is zero pace, basic skills are at a premium, and Tait should have been shipped on two years ago
The fowards are way way off the pace against decent scrummaging/ mauling packs , Slater and Kitchener have gone backwards, and Cole and Marcos are near the end of their natural life, both brilliant servants...
Genge looks a real find, JPP a solid performer but as quick as me, and Matt still in the team ????
I believe at the end of this season there will be a sea change to end all sea changes.....
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

g wrote:Saracens will concede less points in the season than tigers have already conceded in 2 matches and somebody says every team so far has won one lost one that will mean diddly squat if it comes down to points difference at the end of the season. Tigers will not win anything with such a leaky defence. They need to win a trophy this season otherwise I cannot see the Tigers hierarchy accepting another failure for the 4th or 5th season. And action will need to be taken. Maybe Richard has taken this club as far as he can and may need to move on.
Same old hobbyhorse.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Old Hob wrote:Not incomprehensible. If he had signalled it clearly and we could have retained possession, Wasps being caught off guard...
Because at that stage possession was vital. Clearly not enough communication.
Gaskell vs Genge to catch the drop out not to mention the fact that the former had a head start is totally incomprehensible :smt023
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugby is a simple game and the best side in the world have the best basic skills. Pass, catch, run at space, clear out rucks, make your tackles.i don't care what people say, we missed Manu today. Even if he makes no tackles and carries for half a yard, he attracts defenders and creates space for others just by being on the field. Matt Smith is solid, but nothing more. We also missed Veainu....he makes metres, he makes clean breaks. Tombstone is fine but doesn't offer this. We desperately need an 8. Betham is off the pace at the moment, but had a decent season in the bank and I have confidence he'll return to his previous form. Williams and Fitz have some minutes in the bag and will get better. Barrow is our enforcer...we missed him badly today. It ain't that bad, big game next week though.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I agree about the Teflon coated Veianu, Freddie had a couple of decent breaks but no-one with him to capitalise.

I also note, with sadness, that it was Wasps' first victory at WR since 2008
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Tigers were awful, simple as, this lets hope for next week has been said time after time season after season, we miss Manu, we missed Veainu, Tigers look lost, no game plan, plod on to the ball, we let players like The Tank, Salvi, Ford, 12trees leave the club and they excel elsewhere. It is clear something isn't right in the background, for me Tigers need a clear out from the top to the bottom, owners who give the fans nothing back, rubbish service around the ground, no incentives or benefits and a team management who just don't gel, seems like Cockers pulling one way and Mauger the other, a fresh outlook is required!!!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

baz1664 wrote:Tigers were awful, simple as, this lets hope for next week has been said time after time season after season, we miss Manu, we missed Veainu, Tigers look lost, no game plan, plod on to the ball, we let players like The Tank, Salvi, Ford, 12trees leave the club and they excel elsewhere. It is clear something isn't right in the background, for me Tigers need a clear out from the top to the bottom, owners who give the fans nothing back, rubbish service around the ground, no incentives or benefits and a team management who just don't gel, seems like Cockers pulling one way and Mauger the other, a fresh outlook is required!!!
Moderators, this post is way off topic. Please delete.
That's apart from being sour, wrong, and recycling old tosh about ex players that's been done to death elsewhere
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

So good you posted it twice :smt045
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

sapajo wrote:So good you posted it twice :smt045
Or
1) my iPad is knackered
2) the website is knackered ( keep getting Sotic temporarily unavailable up)
3) this second bottle of Shiraz is off
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigercaspian wrote:
sapajo wrote:So good you posted it twice :smt045
Or
1) my iPad is knackered
2) the website is knackered ( keep getting Sotic temporarily unavailable up)
3) this second bottle of Shiraz is off
Agree with No2, I have experienced the same problem. :smt009
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This is about Tigers v Wasps? Can we keep it on topic?

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk