3pm kick-off this Saturday AND it's on the box

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: 3pm kick-off this Saturday AND it's on the box

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes all well and good but what's the reason for moving the kick off time for the Saints match in December from 3.00 to 5.00 pm. Surely this will cause problems for some Tigers fans who travel a long way to watch them, in terms of getting home after the match?
Christophelp

Post by Christophelp »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes all well and good but what's the reason for moving the kick off time for the Saints match in December from 3.00 to 5.00 pm. Surely this will cause problems for some Tigers fans who travel a long way to watch them, in terms of getting home after the match?
Guessing it's mainly due to England v Australia at Twickenham on the same day being a 2.30pm kick off.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Christophelp wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Yes all well and good but what's the reason for moving the kick off time for the Saints match in December from 3.00 to 5.00 pm. Surely this will cause problems for some Tigers fans who travel a long way to watch them, in terms of getting home after the match?
Guessing it's mainly due to England v Australia at Twickenham on the same day being a 2.30pm kick off.
That and we're on the telly box that day.

Seriously, the game finishes at 7.00pm. I'd say half past ten / eleven o'clock is when you'd legitimately say "it's getting late". Who genuinely travels three and a half to four hours each way to get to the game!?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Iain not for fans who have to travel to Scotland and Ireland after the match as two of my friends in the TRy line club have to. Or are you going to come up with a snide comment such as well if they can afford the try Line club they could afford to overnight in a hotel. Tell me have you ever been out of Leicestershire?
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I can tell you sometimes it can take 3 hours plus getting back to the west country
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

So a couple of people from Scotland and Ireland will find it a struggle and some from the West Country. That's a very small percentage of people which it inconveniences.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Sometimes on here though you can't please some of the people any of the time when it comes to Tigers!
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Thanks ellis9:you're all heart mate nice to know that in your mind if you don't live local to the club you don't matter.

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Unbelieveable! Why are people so sensitive?

Whatever time kick off is, someone will be inconvenienced. You cannot deny that a smaller percentage of people will be inconvenienced than won't be.

I'm not that local to Leicester so don't go making comments about non-local people not being cared about.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Oh you're in the try line club? Why didn't you tell us that you sit in the try line club? Do your friends in the try line club travel from Scotland and Ireland each game to sit in the try line club for which they have try line club membership?

If you're one of the very small handful of people who have made the personal decision to travel a ludicrous distance for each home game is suggest you'd take it on the chin when a change of two hours in the kick off time happens. That's the risk you take.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Those in Scotland could join me watching Perthshire tomorrow, I'll be easy to spot, I'm the one in a Tigers shirt.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

You are local compared to the West Country or Scotland!
If you don't want people to respond to tour comments in the way they do think abit more about the way you write them.

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Qbec wrote:You are local compared to the West Country or Scotland!
If you don't want people to respond to tour comments in the way they do think abit more about the way you write them.
Those in Scotland should support Newcastle. Not because it's closer but because if you phone up and tell them you're bringing a coachload they'll hold kick off until you get there (Sorry Deano).
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

BeeJ wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:Behave :smt003
I hate to say it but, for once, I agree with Iain.
Me too. Iain highlights Noddy's references to the Try Line Club and I do the same for Noddy seeming to know everybody on the planet. :smt003
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You can respond how you like but why be so sensitive? It is a fact that less people are inconvenienced by a slight kick off time change.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's interesting to see there are still tickets for today's game available. All of these people who demand Saturday 3pm kick offs, I thought we could fill the stadium twice over.