Emasculated Manu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

Re: Emasculated Manu

Post by SIBARITE »

Roly wrote:
Bunchy wrote:Roly - that's not true - his recent long lay off was due to his pubic bone becoming inflamed. It has settled down now, but is very hard to diagnose....
But it is true, he has a condition called 'Gilmore's Groin'.
This is too much like the script of a "Carry on" film. "Infamy, Infamy, They'v all got it in for me"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Stated on RL after the match that Manu is likely to be out for up to 2 months.

Club not wishing to rush him back, no tear or recurrence, just some discomfort and tightness around the old injury/surgery site.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Stated on RL after the match that Manu is likely to be out for up to 2 months.

Club not wishing to rush him back, no tear or recurrence, just some discomfort and tightness around the old injury/surgery site.
Seriously concerning news for Manu and the club, I so wish that he can fully recover from this persistent injury. We need him back fit, it's a crying shame, he is such an exciting and exceptional attacking weapon.
Last edited by sapajo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Sounds like the club are sensibly protecting an asset. Its not a groin tear but a tightening which may be around scar tissue from his ops.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Spoke to 'someone in the know ' - some days he wakes up and it's sore; other days he feels good. Difficult to know how to treat it for the best. Said with what appeared to be an air of resignation. Not encouraging. :smt009
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Looking through Gilmore's eyes .....it doesn't look good.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I love Manu, and on his day is very special, but I do wonder if maybe we need to move on. I don't want to be unfairly impatient, but I think we need a centre that can be more reliable.

It is sad and very frustrating. And doubtless Manu feels more frustrated than anyone.

:smt013
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Taits dilemma took time and hes been well rehabilitated.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Snorbins wrote:Taits dilemma took time and hes been well rehabilitated.
That's true - and provides a glimmer of hope. He's doing no weights - just speed work and work to keep his weight right so...fingers very crossed.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

How does Tait's time out compare to Manu, bearing in mind Manu has already been out for a fifteen month stretch?

I hope he recovers soon, and gets back to his best in time for the end of the season.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Maidman wrote:
How does Tait's time out compare to Manu, bearing in mind Manu has already been out for a fifteen month stretch?

I hope he recovers soon, and gets back to his best in time for the end of the season.
its the same injury and Tait missed about 2 years
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Maidman wrote:

its the same injury and Tait missed about 2 years
According to this Merc article

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/tiger ... story.html

It was 13 months out injured.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

This is a major worry for us going forward...We are so light on centres and yet one of our big money marquee centres is likely to miss most of this year and given previous probably most of this season with sporadic failed comebacks then lay offs...Yes we can all sight Tait as an example of this injury being rehabilitated but Tait's game isn't based around huge impacts he actually tries to avoid them...
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

JackFlashJonny wrote:This is a major worry for us going forward...We are so light on centres and yet one of our big money marquee centres is likely to miss most of this year and given previous probably most of this season with sporadic failed comebacks then lay offs...Yes we can all sight Tait as an example of this injury being rehabilitated but Tait's game isn't based around huge impacts he actually tries to avoid them...
In my land of fairytales I am thinking that this they are just being really precautionary, he will be back in 6 weeks. And because we have been so loyal to him and looked after him, he will want to stay with us for the rest of his career and will be very indebted to us.

And then I woke up....
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Surprised by some of the comments on this thread. Manu has a contract. I expect that he will recover full fitness in the not too distant future and play out his remaining contract and hopefully sign an extension. If he fails to regain fitness then his contract is unlikely to be extended but in the meantime he is ours, he will go nowhere and we are committed to pay him until the end of his contract.