Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Encouragements from France

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Oi Tigers, big and small !

Season has resume over here and my beloved Stade Français is already in a definite type of situation. As far as the other side of the channel is concerned I wish that Tigers:
a) eat them Cherries alive
b) do them Sarries much harm
c) make their name shine in Europe (should you encounter Racigne, do not forget that they are evil and very mean and bad)
d) conquer English glory !

All the best for the Aviva prem and Champions Cup and any other competition. May the refs be fair, the pitch grassy and the injuries few!

GOAN TIGERS, KEEP THE FAITH !!! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Encouragements from France

Post by Old Hob »

Merci et bonne chance pour Stade :smt023
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Hi there Ze Stade Fan,

Thanks for your message of encouragement to all Tigers fans, You are always welcome on this forum. I would like to offer from Tigers our wish that your beloved Stade do as well as you wish the Tigers to do this season. But not quite as well if you should have the good fortune to draw the Tigers at some stage in the later rounds of the European Rugby Champions Cup.

Good luck for saturday v Clermont, Give em hell!!!
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Yes, thank you, Ze Stade.

All the best to you too, especially in the Paris derby games!
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Qbec wrote: But not quite as well if you should have the good fortune to draw the Tigers at some stage in the later rounds of the European Rugby Champions Cup.
I'm guessing you don't remember where SF finished in the Top 14 last season.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

BeeJ wrote:
Qbec wrote: But not quite as well if you should have the good fortune to draw the Tigers at some stage in the later rounds of the European Rugby Champions Cup.
I'm guessing you don't remember where SF finished in the Top 14 last season.

Ah! He remembered our title te year before! :smt022
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Merci Remy, bon chance pour Le Stade(in my best school boy French,oh and I left school in 1965!)
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Result: Stade 30 (20 at half-time), Clermont 30 (16 at half-time) - some draw!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

30 all and 38-31.
Remy, I think both of our sides need to look the defences a bit.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Stu_F wrote:30 all and 38-31.
Remy, I think both of our sides need to look the defences a bit.

Spot on! Glorious in attack, awful in defence. Congrats Tigers on a good win! :smt023
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

We rugby fans in France all know that the best "Stade" side is, of course, Stade Toulousain!!
We're playing Toulon this weekend, who surprisingly lost at home last weekend to Brive, so they'll be smarting after the borrocking (with my Chinese accent!) that they would have had from club President Mourad Boudjellal.
Allez le Stade!!
Semper in excretia
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Robespierre wrote:We rugby fans in France all know that the best "Stade" side is, of course, Stade Toulousain!!
We're playing Toulon this weekend, who surprisingly lost at home last weekend to Brive, so they'll be smarting after the borrocking (with my Chinese accent!) that they would have had from club President Mourad Boudjellal.
Allez le Stade!!
Only 2 games in and Boudjellal is already going nuts with things along the lines of "8 years hard work down the toilet" etc. He should be in football, not rugby :smt001
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Robespierre wrote:We rugby fans in France all know that the best "Stade" side is, of course, Stade Toulousain!!
Allez le Stade!!
Only 2 games in and Boudjellal is already going nuts with things along the lines of "8 years hard work down the toilet" etc. He should be in football, not rugby :smt001
'Tis true that he's "a colourful character", but we mustn't ignore the fact that his money has attracted some of the world's most talented players to the Top14 and has heightened the interest in French rugby. However, let's be grateful that his club isn't called Stade Toulonnais (the BBC, on their site refer to them as Toulonnaise which is odd, as their official name is Rugby Club Toulonnais - the word club being masculine in the French language)
Semper in excretia
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Robespierre wrote:... but we mustn't ignore the fact that his money has attracted some of the world's most talented players ...
In the same way you can attract flies with a pile of something brown and smelly? :smt002
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

BeeJ wrote:
In the same way you can attract flies with a pile of something brown and smelly? :smt002[/quote]

Hmmm ... no.
I am not a supporter of Toulon, but you cannot deny Boudjellal's money has attracted a lot of top quality players, who have brought success to the club. Call it being mercenary if you wish, but every Top 14 club is paying very good money to attract these players with one objective - to win trophies.
Winning the Top 14, the English Premiership and/or the European Cup will not happen without these foreign players.
Semper in excretia