Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 »

Having just finished work and now quickly read more posts on this, it seems that Cockerill and the club have the same view on the matter as myself. It's happened, it was a minor incident, a silly incident which they have been disciplined for and everyone has now moved on. Simple!
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:Having just finished work and now quickly read more posts on this, it seems that Cockerill and the club have the same view on the matter as myself. It's happened, it was a minor incident, a silly incident which they have been disciplined for and everyone has now moved on. Simple!
Well done - you & Cockers think alike !

What on earth would you expect him to say otherwise - we're launching a public judicial enquiry ?

I wouldn't spend much time reading too much into that statement !
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Why shouldn't we look much into that statement? I can't see anything else coming out.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ellis9 wrote:Why shouldn't we look much into that statement? I can't see anything else coming out.
The club have acknowledged that there was an incident involving players who have not been named. They have been dealt with internally and the Club consider this matter closed and time to move on with the rugby. I do not expect to see anything more coming from the Club on this matter.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I completely agree Tigerbeat. That's why I asked banchang why we shouldn't look into Cockerill's statement too much.
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:I completely agree Tigerbeat. That's why I asked banchang why we shouldn't look into Cockerill's statement too much.
Because there's nothing more you're going to get out of it, that's why !

My point is don't analyse it too deeply as it is a typical public relations damage control statement designed to say as little as possible & shut the issue down.

Nothing wrong with that - as I said earlier, don't expect a public sworn judicial enquiry; just calling it for what it is.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Because it's over, done dusted and put to bed. Unless you have far too much time on your hands. Or Fissler.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I'm sure that this won't have gone down well with the senior bods at the club and appropriate disciplinary action will have been taken. This will probably mean less freedom for the team after away matches which will make those who let their team mates down feel very unpopular.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
johnthegriff wrote:I will of course be in Gloucester looking forward to the variation of their usual witty banter, eeore and "same old Leicester always cheating" as they rack up the penalties and yellow cards. No doubt we will win with a try by Big Mac Caffrey following a chip by Freddie Burns.
I bet it's a close game but we steal a win right at the death with a McFlurry of points
Late McFlurry indeed!! :smt023

Now, must buy a lottery ticket tomorrow :smt002 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.