Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by Soggypitch »

Maybe this is why Manu wasn't in the squad on Friday night....perhaps he was the one who ate all the pies/burgers and has been reprimanded?!

I think we should be told!! :smt002
Soggypitch
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Something seems odd to me about this, Tigers were in Treviso 10 days ago and only now is this being alledged?
When Tigers travel abroad normally they eat in the clubhouse after the match and then file out to the bus and off to the airport immediately to fly home the same night as the match. What was different this time and was it really Tigers players? :smt017
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

jgriffin wrote:Hissy fit, TBD. I was merely drawing attention to your hyperbolic statement about abandoning what you paint as your chosen club over a minor incident. I have always assumed you are a dedicated fan.
Hissy fit is about right, I'd accept that to be fair.
It's not exactly life changing is it but it's a very low level example of behaviour to set, especially to the kids!
Dedicated, to be honest I have not really enjoyed the past couple of seasons anyway, jumped up prima donnas more and more, although not all to be fair.
I think I'll stick to some amateur rugby, get a season ticket for what I normally spend in one match and take that for what it really is instead of kidding myself that I'm following a pro side.
Great group of players looking on paper to be fair but I'm not surprised that they continue to fall short!
:smt039
Cheery chappy
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

We need some context

if its the same players over and over again they need to be spoken too and advised by not just the club

For example a normal person wouldn't get away with it in the uk

After the Hyde park large scale water fight (riot) many people helped themselves to burgers from macdonalds and they have been arrested and charged
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

How many kids read newspapers? Kids will be oblivious to what has happened.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

BeeJ wrote:
westwinds31 wrote:Disturbance ? More like over reaction.
What were they doing going behind the counter?
I believe that with McDonald's being a "Fast food outlet" our players wished to see how the food was prepared and served so quickly and efficiently so that they could bring these skills back to Welford Road and train the match day operatives.
They could be planning a trip to a large pub to research the efficient dispensing and serving of beer after the Gloucester game! :smt002
However if there is a need to financially penalise those involved then this money and more from the Club should be sent to the Italian earthquake relief fund asap. :smt045
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... n-tie.html
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Bowden Tiger wrote:I think which ever way you look at this, a bit of fun by players, an overreaction by the staff and police, an embarrassment to the club, they were wrong in doing what they allegedly did. I am glad that there were no arrests, disappointed that the press have made a 'meal' of it, but my concern is with that for the staff. It cannot be great being with 20 odd rugby players deciding to help themselves, and if it were footballers doing the same, we would be up in arms.

They are reasonably well paid representatives of our club and we should expect better. It isn't the old days of 'What goes on tour, stays on tour', mobile phones and social media have put paid to that.
Thanks BT - just the sort of fair-minded assessment this thread needed!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

LE18 wrote:Something seems odd to me about this, Tigers were in Treviso 10 days ago and only now is this being alledged?
When Tigers travel abroad normally they eat in the clubhouse after the match and then file out to the bus and off to the airport immediately to fly home the same night as the match. What was different this time and was it really Tigers players? :smt017
I suspect that it was something to do with the fact they were using Treviso as a one week training camp and not just there for one match.

However, it is wrong however you look at it and the first lot of police there didn't feel that they had the manpower to deal with it and called for assistance. What would worry me more is that I would have expected one or more of them to realise that it had gone too far and put a stop to it before it got to police being involved - maybe they did try, maybe they didn't, I don't know but I do hope that the club did the right thing and went back there with the players involved and apologised. Again maybe they did, maybe they didn't
Hehehehehehehehe
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

The Boy Dave wrote:
ellis9 wrote:It's a minor thing that probably happens every weekend (not that I'm saying it's right) by a bunch of drunken mates. It's happened and it's been dealt with. This doesn't need to affect the start of the season at all.
Are you for real!
This is the type of moronic behaviour that blights society.
Bullying restaurant staff in the early hours, I'd rather it was a punch up with someone who wants it than intimidating innocent people.
I don't pay money to fund this!
Total morons!
Totally agree with you TBD - these are supposed to be professional sportsmen on pre-season training, not a drunken lads weekend! Club needs to take action!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

Ellis are you a football fan before rugby? I can only assume you are because, this isn't the type of behaviour any rugby fan wants from their team and sweeping it under the rug as you seem to be doing is typical.

I also assume you work closely with Cockers to know he's dealt with it. If that's the case and, you do work at the club, it's no wonder the team have let themselves down. I have just returned my season ticket - I also won't fund rich kids, who are doing the dream job of many failed rugby players, stealing.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

hooking_king wrote:Ellis are you a football fan before rugby? I can only assume you are because, this isn't the type of behaviour any rugby fan wants from their team and sweeping it under the rug as you seem to be doing is typical.

I also assume you work closely with Cockers to know he's dealt with it. If that's the case and, you do work at the club, it's no wonder the team have let themselves down. I have just returned my season ticket - I also won't fund rich kids, who are doing the dream job of many failed rugby players, stealing.
Hi HK. Seems like a reasonable and principled stance. Did you get any clarification from the club about the facts of the evening before returning your ticket? So far, the information seems sketchy.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

What's that saying? When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me!

You assume wrong. Rugby is my sport and never have I said I advocate what the players did. What I said was that they are not the only people to have done something like this. If you don't believe that then you must walk around with your eyes closed. They haven't hurt anyone or haven't caused criminal damage. They have made a mistake and will have been dealt with internally.

For those returning season tickets etc you are going to have great difficulty spending your money from now on as you are going to need to check with each company that none of the staff have done anything you don't agree with. Good luck with that.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Says here that players have been disciplined: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... following/
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

As I have said all along. Nothing but a minor incident which has been dealt with. People are making a mountain out of mole hill. It's happened and it's been dealt with accordingly and everyone can move on.
banchang

Post by banchang »

fortysix wrote:The players involved should be made to sit in a Mc Donalds all day as a punishment...

Plus another day being taught by a Nutritionist just what toxic :censored: they are putting into their bodies...........

Drunk or not !!

Suggested edit : The players involved should be made to work in a McDonalds all day as a punishment...

Then they would experience first hand the cr@p staff have to put up with from drunken entitled yobs who think they are better than them.