Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 »

So you don't think it's a minor incident? That means it's a major incident. So what do you class misdemeanours such as murder and death by dangerous driving for example?

Also, I am not looking for others to support me and I'm not looking to win brownie points. I'll state my opinions, facts and concerns whether 99% of people disagree or agree with me.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This has been reported in the media and no-one really knows the full story. The staff in at the time may have been frightened by the event but this cannot be confirmed. The players are free to eat some of this food from time to time but need to maintain a regular balanced diet most of the time. I do not condone this sort of behaviour and it has not been good publicity for the name of Leicester Tigers!
I am sure if this has happened as reported, the club will have taken the appropriate action with the players concerned. No posts on this thread have been edited!
Can we stick to the topic?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:So you don't think it's a minor incident? That means it's a major incident. So what do you class misdemeanours such as murder and death by dangerous driving for example?

Also, I am not looking for others to support me and I'm not looking to win brownie points. I'll state my opinions, facts and concerns whether 99% of people disagree or agree with me.
No its not a major incident but equally per my previous post its not something to be 'dismissed, move on, why are you debating this' which is what we get from you.

No one said you were looking for anyone to support you. What I said was you seem to be alone in trivialising this & dismissing the legitimate concerns of people about this incident. You seem incapable of putting yourself into someone else's shoes eg those minimum wage staff who felt it necessary to call the police as their counter had been vaulted at 4am by drink fuelled 100+kg entitled professional sportsmen who didn't want to queue for their food like everyone else.

Nothing to see here.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Tigerbeat wrote:This has been reported in the media and no-one really knows the full story. The staff in at the time may have been frightened by the event but this cannot be confirmed. The players are free to eat some of this food from time to time but need to maintain a regular balanced diet most of the time. I do not condone this sort of behaviour and it has not been good publicity for the name of Leicester Tigers!
I am sure if this has happened as reported, the club will have taken the appropriate action with the players concerned. No posts on this thread have been edited!
Can we stick to the topic?
Can it be renamed Robin Hood and The Merry Men!
Cheery chappy
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Why do you keep mentioned minimum wage staff?

This forum is about Leicester Tigers. Obviously it's a shame those staff has to be part of it but a lot of the talk was about how the players are a disgrace, should be sacked and being slated for the 1st mistake I've ever heard about a group of Tigers players.

I've been defending them and the club. Yes, what they did was wrong but it doesn't warrant what's been said. I said it was wrong but it is only a minor thing and has been dealt with and it's time to move on.
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:Why do you keep mentioned minimum wage staff?

This forum is about Leicester Tigers. Obviously it's a shame those staff has to be part of it but a lot of the talk was about how the players are a disgrace, should be sacked and being slated for the 1st mistake I've ever heard about a group of Tigers players.

I've been defending them and the club. Yes, what they did was wrong but it doesn't warrant what's been said. I said it was wrong but it is only a minor thing and has been dealt with and it's time to move on.
As you don't get it I can only refer again to the words in my last post.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

That doesn't answer why you keep mentioning minimum wage staff.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ellis9 wrote:That doesn't answer why you keep mentioning minimum wage staff.
Ellis9, I am guessing that he means that the workers are on low wages when he refers to minimum wage staff.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes I know that but I don't see the relevance in what the staffs wages are to this discussion.
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:That doesn't answer why you keep mentioning minimum wage staff.
That you should ask this question is really telling.

It is highly disrespectful that these entitled highly paid sportsmen would vault the counter at 4am causing staff to have to resort to calling the police to deal with the 'issue' (I won't mention criminality as you'll only go all legal & obfuscatory), just because they didn't want to queue for their food like the plebians.

I mention minimum wage as these staff are not paid nearly enough to have to deal with such arrogance & thuggery. Their job is difficult enough without having to deal with that :censored:. Like I said, try standing in someone else's shoes & seeing things from a different perspective, although I fear this is a forlorn objective.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

So if they were paid £15 an hour, for example, you wouldn't have minded Tigers players doing what they did?
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

ellis9 wrote:So if they were paid £15 an hour, for example, you wouldn't have minded Tigers players doing what they did?
What do you mean maybe try and take a coppers hat, or barge past a bouncer without paying, or jump into a ring and try and take a boxers gloves, or maybe choose an establishment under protection to try and be heroes!
I guess when you are being trounced by 31 points in one half against sides like Sarries then you have to set your sights a little bit lower to be the big man!
Cheery chappy
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

TomWeston wrote:You clearly haven't read it much lately.
I've been taking the Daily Telegraph since the mid 1970s. I think I know the political leaning of it.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

My goodness, some on here have a good head for heights, the horses that they are perched on are mighty indeed.
Maybe it is not the incidence itself that propels them but the chance to enlarge it and make it smell a bit in the hope that some damage will attach itself to the DOR, I may be mistaken but the usual culprits are leading the charge so maybe we should all remember, talking sense to idiots with an agenda is a waste of time.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

banchang - you are relatively new to the Forum, but I like your "style".

However you should quickly learn that you can never win an argument against ellis9, he will reply and reply relentlessly (like a terrier with a bone), until you get bored into submission. he will call black white and white black if it suits him. To the best of my knowledge he has never retracted his statement (made on numerous occasions) that "Owen Farrell is rubbish".

'Nuff said!!
Soggypitch