Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Late night disturbance

Post by strawclearer »

Fissler saying "Reports tomorrow that some Leicester Tigers players were involved in a late night disturbance in an Italian McDonalds."

Italian McDonalds? Sounds strange but guess that's not the important issue. It's alleged that 5 police officers were required to attend.

If true - if - it's not the best start to the season.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by TomWeston »

My online edition of the Sunday Times has a whole page about it.

Fracas in a McDonalds after a post match celebration in a nightclub with the Treviso players. Their ex-Tigers probably led our innocents astray!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Players have a few beers, go into McDonalds, some go behind the counter. Disturbance ? More like over reaction.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

westwinds31 wrote:Disturbance ? More like over reaction.
What were they doing going behind the counter?
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

westwinds31 wrote:Players have a few beers, go into McDonalds, some go behind the counter. Disturbance ? More like over reaction.
Or, professional sportsmen representing their club in a foreign city steal food and are apprehended!

I know which one the media will prefer and, assuming the article is factual, yet another stupid act.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's a minor thing that probably happens every weekend (not that I'm saying it's right) by a bunch of drunken mates. It's happened and it's been dealt with. This doesn't need to affect the start of the season at all.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

ellis9 wrote:It's a minor thing that probably happens every weekend (not that I'm saying it's right) by a bunch of drunken mates. It's happened and it's been dealt with. This doesn't need to affect the start of the season at all.
Are you for real!
This is the type of moronic behaviour that blights society.
Bullying restaurant staff in the early hours, I'd rather it was a punch up with someone who wants it than intimidating innocent people.
I don't pay money to fund this!
Total morons!
Cheery chappy
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Did I say it was right? No. I even said it wasn't. What I'm saying is, things like this happen a lot whether we like it or not.

What a strange statement from you though. You don't condone what's happened but you'll happily see a punch up between two people who are both looking for it? Weird!

Also, if you call the ticket office, they will refund your season ticket if you are not happy about "funding this behaviour". Unless of course, you made that statement just for affect? You know, to make it sound more interesting. Perhaps like this newspaper may have done to help sell the paper.
Last edited by ellis9 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

ellis9 wrote:It's a minor thing that probably happens every weekend (not that I'm saying it's right) by a bunch of drunken mates. It's happened and it's been dealt with. This doesn't need to affect the start of the season at all.
In what sense has it been dealt with?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The police removed the players. Richard Cockerill will have had words and taken any action he felt necessary and everyone moves on.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

ellis9 wrote:Did I say it was right? No. I even said it wasn't. What I'm saying is, things like this happen a lot whether we like it or not.

What a strange statement from you though. You don't condone what's happened but you'll happily see a punch up between two people who are both looking for it? Weird!

What I'm saying is I can understand them defending themselves or the public from someone looking for trouble.
I can't condone this, can't stand bullies who intimidate in numbers, that is my attendance gone if this is true.
Things happen everyday that shouldn't but I will not support this!
Cheery chappy
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Have I missed something? Where does it mention that people got bullied?
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

ellis9 wrote:Have I missed something? Where does it mention that people got bullied?
And I'm weird, unbelievable! :smt009
Cheery chappy
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

There's been no bullying mentioned at all. You can't just say people have been bullied when they haven't?

About 20 Tigers players went in to McDonald's and there was a long queue. They got bored of waiting so some of them went behind the counter and got some food. The police turned up and the players realised they had gone too far so paid for the food that they took and moved on. McDonald's aren't pressing charges so it's been dealt with.

Where is the bullying in there?