Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:25 pm

ellis9 wrote:No I don't. You're getting petty now.

Again, all I said was a fact. It isn't theft until the items are taken from the building. You then make a pathetic statement about wasting police time.
Oh OK! :smt023

If there was no theft and the staff weren't wasting police time then why do you think the maccies staff needed to call the police?
Just asking your advice by the way, you seem to know what you are talking about on nutrition and I was just seeking your wisdom further! :smt023
Last edited by The Boy Dave on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheery chappy

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4068
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by strawclearer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Just as light relief from this intriguing discussion on nutrition, I used to stay quite frequently at the Petersham Hotel in Richmond-on-Thames in the late 80's / early 90's. In those days, the hotel was used by England in the days leading up to matches at Twickenham and we would often share the bar in the evening after dinner with the likes of Dooley and Ackford, Moore, Probyn, Skinner and Winterbottom.

My memory plays tricks sometimes so, although it may have been Geoff Cooke, I think it was usually Chalky White who would send the players to bed around 10pm. I certainly recall Messrs Dooley and Ackford slouching off up the main staircase like moody teenagers in this grand hotel with their tormenting coach firmly telling them to go straight to sleep and them sulkily replying "Yes Coach". We would, of course, add our own comments - urging them to come downstairs if they had bad dreams and asking if they wanted a bedtime story and a few other comments which I couldn't possibly repeat but I'm sure you can imagine! You'll appreciate that such comments were always made from a suitable distance!

Anyway - the point of including these reminiscences here is that I somehow can't imagine the McD incident happening in those days. Maybe there was more respect for the Coaches - or more fear - I don't know!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:37 pm

No theft took place- fact
Staff weren't wasting police time- fact

They probably called the police as they weren't sure what was going to happen.

Knightonian
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by Knightonian » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Ok theft is committed at the time of appropriation depending on the intention; usually it's charged after leaving the store as it is then un questionable.

However, change the label in store theft, eat something which you weren't given again it's theft

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 pm

ellis9 wrote:No theft took place- fact
Staff weren't wasting police time- fact

They probably called the police as they weren't sure what was going to happen.
Do you mean like they may have been frightened?
Cheery chappy

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Possibly or maybe they thought the food was going to be taken.

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by darganj » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:45 pm

ellis9 wrote:No theft took place- fact
Staff weren't wasting police time- fact

They probably called the police as they weren't sure what was going to happen.
So you are telling me, the players went behind the counter to get the food. Then sat in MacDonalds like good boys and didn't eat the food?!

I bet they had their jobs full of burgers within about 5 seconds of grabbing them.

This forum gets ruined by people who just stand up for the club blindly without engaging any brain cells

banchang
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:46 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by banchang » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:52 pm

ellis9 wrote:Oh dear, you really should read things properly

Right: how Tigers have dealt with the incident.
Right: everyone needs fatty foods
Right: people don't need to over react on a minor incident
Right: players paid for food

Wrong: players helped themselves to food behind the counter


I have said all the above from the very start
The problem is you may have said all this from the start, but that isn't the way it has come across (perception is everything).

You have rightly or wrongly come across as an apologist for the offenders, no criminal damage, no-one was hurt, move along, nothing to see here.

Even above, you're still at it.

Right: people don't need to over react on a minor incident. If you see this as a minor incident that we can't even talk/complain/feel angry about, you have a strange moral compass. You haven't responded to any of the comments about impact on the local staff, or do they not matter because 'no-one was hurt'.

Right: Players paid for food. Yes, after the police arrived !

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:57 pm

It also gets ruined by people who only say negative things about the club.

Yes, it would have been an unpleasant experience for the staff.

Everything I have said I still stand by.

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by darganj » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:01 pm

ellis9 wrote:It also gets ruined by people who only say negative things about the club.

Yes, it would have been an unpleasant experience for the staff.

Everything I have said I still stand by.
On average 6ft 3 16 to 17 stone professional athletes jump behind a counter to steal food because they can't be bothered to queue to steal food is a MINOR INCIDENT.

If Man Utd players did this, they would be getting hung, drawn and quartered in the press.

It's a disgrace and morally worse than anything salary cap related.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 pm

Yes, it's a minor incident.

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:06 pm

ellis9 wrote:It also gets ruined by people who only say negative things about the club.

Yes, it would have been an unpleasant experience for the staff.

Everything I have said I still stand by.
Unpleasant in what way?
Do you know were the staff male or female and why might they have possibly been frightened as you mentioned earlier?
What fears do you think they could have from a large group of drunk men already helping themselves to food behind the counter at 4am in the morning?
Cheery chappy

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Sorry I didn't realise you were a psychologist. Unpleasant in that it wouldn't have been a pleasant experience. Unpleasant- the opposite of pleasant :smt023

banchang
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:46 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by banchang » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 pm

ellis9 wrote:Yes, it's a minor incident.
I suggest you take the blinkers off.

I can see you're a good clubman & don't like negativity, but you also need to get a sense of reality. You're not getting a rush of support on here are you ? Doesn't that tell you something ?

I know you don't now want to lose face, & 'stand by everything you say', but for goodness sake man, wake up & smell the coffee.

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by tigercaspian » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:19 pm

I'm with jg and fen tiger.......haven't seen such childish drivel since ,ooh, the playground at primary school

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests