Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Soggypitch wrote:Surely the main point is that as usual Tigers are saying nothing, telling us nothing etc.....

They should make a proper statement with all the facts clarified, and we would no longer need this speculation.

Embarrassing situations are usually better when dealt with head on, not "swept under the table".
In defence of the club it's a bank holiday and come out of the blue.
I'm sure they want to deal with it but it's very bad timing.
They should not have been drinking alcohol at this time of the year IMO and should not have been eating that type of food at this time of the year IMO either, not if they want to compete with the likes of Saracens this season, someone is responsible for that!
The actions themselves although they may be considered minor or not depending on individuals views are a bad example, despite the image on the club etc those responsible have let their coaches down most of all, they were given an inch and took a mile!
Cheery chappy

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by Soggypitch » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:12 pm

ellis9 wrote:Why would a statement be made? For those of you who haven't heard anything about what has happened, we are releasing a statement which will mean even more people will know what's happened.

The incident has happened, the players have been spoken to and everyone moves on. No more needs to be said by the club.
I really don't regard this as a major incident at all. But TBD is right the players have let down both themselves and their coaches above all.
The fact it has all been reported in the national press is embarrassing for the Club and I think a short succinct statement would be appropriate in those circumstances. Ne need for a grovelling apology, making more of the incident than it merits.
Soggypitch

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Soggypitch wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Why would a statement be made? For those of you who haven't heard anything about what has happened, we are releasing a statement which will mean even more people will know what's happened.

The incident has happened, the players have been spoken to and everyone moves on. No more needs to be said by the club.
I really don't regard this as a major incident at all. But TBD is right the players have let down both themselves and their coaches above all.
The fact it has all been reported in the national press is embarrassing for the Club and I think a short succinct statement would be appropriate in those circumstances. Ne need for a grovelling apology, making more of the incident than it merits.
At the end of the day this could be considered a very big lesson!
This is the Premiership, it's not amateur rugby, this is not the time for a social IMO regardless of throwing a few sandwiches around let alone going behind the counter without permission to get them.
Sarries are the big boys for reasons unbeknown to many of us but I'd bet on them being much more professional than this instance all round!
Cheery chappy

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by TigerCam » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:34 pm

IMO this is a big letdown for the club, supporters and the city. Those responsible should be named and shamed and got rid of.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat

hooking_king
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:48 am

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by hooking_king » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Ellis were you in Treviso? Were you also waiting to fill your face? If not, I suggest everything you're saying is your interpretation.

Regardless of your beliefs, my eyes are wide open and I have a very good view of society, that probably comes from 4 operational tours of some very nasty places. As highly paid professionals (whether the players like it or not) they have a responsibility to the game and the badge. They've let themselves down. I'm in doubt I'll be at WR this season at some point, if you like you can come and talk to me about how 5 of my soldiers spent 3 nights behind bars for the same thing.

Good evening to you, sir.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:46 pm

I think that has something to do with the terms of being in the army. The same rules don't apply to professional sports teams rightly or wrongly.

Tigercam, you think the players should be gotten rid of?! Not for something like this!

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:53 pm

ellis9 wrote:I think that has something to do with the terms of being in the army. The same rules don't apply to professional sports teams rightly or wrongly.

Tigercam, you think the players should be gotten rid of?! Not for something like this!
It's about discipline ellis9!
As professional athletes that relates to how far are you willing to go and how much sacrifice are you willing to make to achieve your goals!
That includes everything from diet to behaviour.
The forces take a similar approach for obvious reasons, the two are closely linked in their likeness!
Cheery chappy

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:59 pm

You do realise you need fat in your diet right? Even professional athletes need junk food occasionally to help all the vitamins and nutrients keep stay in the body. They won't be told off for the food they have eaten.

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by jgriffin » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Storm in a MaccyD's box. Give it a rest, chaps & chapettes, please.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:11 pm

ellis9 wrote:You do realise you need fat in your diet right? Even professional athletes need junk food occasionally to help all the vitamins and nutrients keep stay in the body. They won't be told off for the food they have eaten.
Sorry but that made me laugh, vitamins and nutrients for pro athletes from a maccies! :smt005
I suppose the electrolytes in the beer were also great for them, no matter about hydration just over load on water and pour bucket loads down the neck to hydrate.
Sorry but the truth is that there is no way to cheat for a TOP professional, cheating plays havoc with the system and ruins both pre and post workout.
I'm talking about that extra bit that Champions possess, you have to go the extra bit for that IMO!
I am actually smiling right now, thanks for that! :smt001
Cheery chappy

fentiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2002
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by fentiger » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:16 pm

jgriffin wrote:Storm in a MaccyD's box. Give it a rest, chaps & chapettes, please.
Indeed, some very 'holier than thou' stuff on here now!

Social media has a lot to answer for as do the general media, yes we have 'a right' to know things, but even just 10 years ago this would not have become public! Right or wrong I think we have better things to look forward to.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Where did I suggest you get nutrients and vitamins from McDonald's?

I said the food from there is fat which helps keep nutrients and vitamins in the body. I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:19 pm

ellis9 wrote:Where did I suggest you get nutrients and vitamins from McDonald's?

I said the food from there is fat which helps keep nutrients and vitamins in the body. I didn't think it was that hard to understand.
:smt005
:smt023
Cheery chappy

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by ellis9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Why have you resorted to emojis to respond? Don't you know how to respond?

I believe you don't understand so I'll try to explain again. The players eat good healthy food which contains nutrients and vitamins etc but these need some fatty foods such as McDonalds to help absorb the good vitamins and nutrients etc. This is fact. It's part of a balanced diet.

The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by The Boy Dave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:32 pm

ellis9 wrote:Why have you resorted to emojis to respond? Don't you know how to respond?

I believe you don't understand so I'll try to explain again. The players eat good healthy food which contains nutrients and vitamins etc but these need some fatty foods such as McDonalds to help absorb the good vitamins and nutrients etc. This is fact. It's part of a balanced diet.
Sorry.
If you say so.
Cheery chappy

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests