Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Benetton Treviso this evening...

Post by RagingBull »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:Very rusty but won by a fair margin considering the teams, was very odd to see Mcguigan playing flanker and Thacker at 2, Harrison was at 10 because Bryant was injured I think, No idea why White & F Tuilagi were on the wing
Game time. As was reported last week after the Ospreys game, getting the players out on the pitch is more important than their position.

As it was, according to the commentary Ben White played the whole 2nd half at outside centre... (But looked suspiciously like Jack Roberts!)

White played the half on the wing pretty much
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:Very rusty but won by a fair margin considering the teams, was very odd to see Mcguigan playing flanker and Thacker at 2, Harrison was at 10 because Bryant was injured I think, No idea why White & F Tuilagi were on the wing
Game time. As was reported last week after the Ospreys game, getting the players out on the pitch is more important than their position.

As it was, according to the commentary Ben White played the whole 2nd half at outside centre... (But looked suspiciously like Jack Roberts!)

White played the half on the wing pretty much
He did (he came on after the 60 min half time) but the commentators said his name every time Roberts had the ball. They'd announced BW as no 23 before the match, but JR was wearing that number! :smt003

Good to see Worth getting decent game time too. Genge looked as robust as usual ball in hand.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Oh wasn't really paying attention to the commentators TBH.

Worth had a mix game so good hits, dropped the ball the odd time though made a great pass to Hamilton for the last try (I think).
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote:Oh wasn't really paying attention to the commentators TBH.
Neither was I apart from noticing that Ben White hasn't gained about 3 stone in pre-season (and their amusing Italian pronunciations of a few names - how bad must we sound to them)! :smt003
Worth had a mix game so good hits, dropped the ball the odd time though made a great pass to Hamilton for the last try (I think).
Good run and good pass. We can forgive his his early knock on and lost high ball I think! :smt001
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote:and their amusing Italian pronunciations of a few names
I thought that Too-eeh-Lah-Jee sounded quite good....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Billb »

If the Italian Commentary team were having a bad time with the names, I, being a sad old *** can remember how Tudor Thomas used to really struggle with any non-uk names, to our great amusement!!
BillB
Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Billb »

In addition, there were great shots of John the Griff and Louise, from the away supporters club on the TV feed
BillB