Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Season 2016/17

Post by ellis9 »

I have an idea for the catering people.

Can you shut the bars whilst the match is being played? This would limit the amount of people getting up and blocking people's views whilst clambering over people to get from their seat to he bar.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

I watched the match on Saturday, the beer was superb, the service exemplary. Mind you, I was in a pub in Salisbury.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Shut the bar while the game is being played? Why don't you ban people from going to the toilet too? Lol
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Please start sending photos of your short measures to Tigers Twitter Account. I know we have all given up and accept that the service is ridiculously poor, but being ripped off week after week with short measures is completely unacceptable.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

We moved to the area in Sept last year and have been to (I think) 7 home games this season. We sit in the Robin Hood stand and I must agree that the service is rubbish. I dont understand why each person serving has to go off in the search of beer/hot chocolate/water whatever. Why isnt there someone helping them get the order out quicker? If they pre poured more, they wouldnt be hanging round long enough to go flat. I have been told more than once that hot chocolate has run out at half time, with my 12 year old freezing cold (on one of these occasions he couldnt be arsed to look properly). Last Saturday they ran out of water, sprite, coke and the only thing left was diet coke. At half time! I went with a load of family last week and they lost out on at least 6 sales because of that. Being sold underpoured pints, bad service and running out of common drinks (Hot Chocolate at half time on a 5 O'Clock kick off deep in the middle of winter!!) is costing the Tigers. Mind you we have just bought season tickets for next year so maybe time to bring a thermos flask and a few tinnies in future!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

dpoc74 wrote: Mind you we have just bought season tickets for next year so maybe time to bring a thermos flask and a few tinnies in future!!
This probably isn't the best time to remind you that "No alcoholic drink bought outside the Ground can be brought into the Ground." :smt003 Oh and...welcome to the frightening incompetence that is the WR bar service!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

There was a family near me last Saturday. They bought their own sausage rolls, flask of coffee and hip flask. Can't say I blame them. Not totally out of choice I got in my seat as the teams ran out, watched the game, watched and clapped the lap of honour and skidaddled. It wasn't a hardship. At least not compared with using the catering and bar facilities.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

The catering in the Try Line club has improved this season and for most dishes we are now served on proper plates. However value for money remains a big issue and the catering company must be doing well out of it as I know how little they pay their staff whose average age seems to lessen year on year. I think 17 would be a good guess on this season. There is still very little choice for those on special diets and that's probably why people either bring their own food or eat elsewhere.
I presume that someone in the clubs marketing team oversees what is on offer and if that is the case then they must have a very poor personal dietary regime. However it is no longer chips with everything and real food occasionally makes an appearance.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:The catering in the Try Line club has improved this season and for most dishes we are now served on proper plates. However value for money remains a big issue and the catering company must be doing well out of it as I know how little they pay their staff whose average age seems to lessen year on year. I think 17 would be a good guess on this season. There is still very little choice for those on special diets and that's probably why people either bring their own food or eat elsewhere.
I presume that someone in the clubs marketing team oversees what is on offer and if that is the case then they must have a very poor personal dietary regime. However it is no longer chips with everything and real food occasionally makes an appearance.
I was stunned for the price you pay that food isn't included. I still can't get my head round what part of that club is supposed to represent value for money.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Iain when you live in the real world you have to accept things as they are until you can change them. I don't know of any season ticket anywhere in this or any other sport which includes meals in the price. Certainly none in Rugby. Even our much vaunted Club Lounge seats at £2,500 per annum don't include meals. And like for like our Try line season ticket prices are cheaper than Sarries Wasps and Quins.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Iain when you live in the real world you have to accept things as they are until you can change them. I don't know of any season ticket anywhere in this or any other sport which includes meals in the price. Certainly none in Rugby. Even our much vaunted Club Lounge seats at £2,500 per annum don't include meals. And like for like our Try line season ticket prices are cheaper than Sarries Wasps and Quins.
Comparable packages at Liverpool, for example, include food.

Living in the real world :smt044

Of course you can change it. You can get seat a few rows in front of where you now sit and forego the lounge and pay about a quarter of the price. You don't have to accept the huge price levy for a lounge at all.
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

Could I make my annual plea for a non alcoholic Beer for all the Drivers !!

There are many about some half decent and for those of us who have to travel long distances at least drinking a non alcoholic beer is better than a sweet over priced non alcoholic beverage.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

List of improvements....

At Saints
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

ourla wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:48 pm List of improvements....

At Saints
£3.90 for a pint is pretty good in any sport.
BustersGonads

Post by BustersGonads »

mothy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm Could I make my annual plea for a non alcoholic Beer for all the Drivers !!

There are many about some half decent and for those of us who have to travel long distances at least drinking a non alcoholic beer is better than a sweet over priced non alcoholic beverage.
I'll second that, I drive down from Chesterfield for every game and could murder a beer at times!!!!
I'll have a pint of Tiger and a packet of scratchings please!