Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,2018 & 2019/20

Post by Noggs »

Come round to mine and I'll see what I can do :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

While the catering was good this weekend, I think the Stewarding (wife) was a bit overzealous, every time I got excited and the atmosphere was building I got told to quieten down as the kids are asleep. I understand my tickets are now in the family section and kickoff past kids bedtimes are problematic but a little cheering for Murimurivalu's try nearly got me ejected.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 pm While the catering was good this weekend, I think the Stewarding (wife) was a bit overzealous, every time I got excited and the atmosphere was building I got told to quieten down as the kids are asleep. I understand my tickets are now in the family section and kickoff past kids bedtimes are problematic but a little cheering for Murimurivalu's try nearly got me ejected.
What’s the price of a pint ??
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:26 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 pm While the catering was good this weekend, I think the Stewarding (wife) was a bit overzealous, every time I got excited and the atmosphere was building I got told to quieten down as the kids are asleep. I understand my tickets are now in the family section and kickoff past kids bedtimes are problematic but a little cheering for Murimurivalu's try nearly got me ejected.
What’s the price of a pint ??
On Friday they were free, won some Czech beer in the Christmas raffle (got a major supplier over there) and had ran out of my usual tipple so tried that, went down nicely...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
bendy

Post by bendy »

I've got to admit - I'm probably more excited than I should be about the prospect of buying Pukka Pies from WR from now on...!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

After the game we like to go into the Droglites for a pint, does anyone know where the photos of the club's historic players have gone, are they coming back, if so when? The pictures show many of our past international and long standing great players, please bring them back!

After our pint in the Drogs we usually go to the Final Whistle for another and to listen to the band. For the last 3 weeks at least, the bar has run out of Guinness, why? Tonight it had run out of Guinness, Red, White and Rose wine, what is going on?

Whilst writing, there were at least two accidents outside the ground tonight, My friend's wife fell full length over the black barrier placed in the passageway between the 2 roads on the Crumbie side of the ground, she was quite badly hurt. Later, when we got into the Drogs another friend told me his girl friend had been injured by a man tripping over at the same barrier and landing on her. What are the club's H&S going to do about this, what are these black barriers for?
Truefollower
Tiger Cub

Post by Truefollower »

May I add that the whole Welford Road experience is imploding with the post match experience failing. How can the bars run out of ALL BEER and WINE week after week? If this continues there will be many not using the post match bars but going elsewhere, I've been a STH for over 35 years and I am considering giving up my post match drink, so 10 people less in the bar. I've been to many away fixtures and never experienced such poor bar service/availability. Come on Tigers get your act together.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

It is some time since I posted on this thread, but I hope someone at the club is reading it.

1. The scene in the FW before the match was a disgrace. Queues were very very long and service was very slow. I took me over 15 mins in the queue to get served.

2. The young staff behind the bar were flirting and dancing with each other rather than getting on with the job of serving - one fan really told them off and to get on with the job of serving.

3. The cask Tiger in the FW was awful - bought 4 pints (2 for my friend) and started to drink them on our way to our seats in the crumbie and both of us said the beer was awful. I would have taken it back there and then but the thought of the queues put me off. Went to the cask man in the crumbie lounge to complain and he was most helpful. Changed all 4 beers and said we were the 3rd person to do that and complain about the cask being served in the final whistle. That cask was excellent.

Would love a response from the club but don't expect to get one.
Hehehehehehehehe
Truefollower
Tiger Cub

Post by Truefollower »

Trendylfj unfortunately it seems unless your are part of a hospitality package you don't really count as a valued customer, in general the whole service and beverage quality is and has been for quite a while been poor especially in the final whistle.As you have stated you hope someone at the club is reading these posts but............maybe someone needs to go to one of the other premiership grounds and ask for help because we desperately need some. When we are on the TV there needs to be something to draw supporters to the ground. :smt017
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I don’t bother going in the final whistle now because getting served is a nightmare.
A2O
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Last night was my first match for a while and I, and those with me, found the service dire. For a top-notch club, it’s quite unacceptable. This needs addressing - and quickly.
Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Just bumped this bit in hope club might reply!

Whilst writing, there were at least two accidents outside the ground tonight, My friend's wife fell full length over the black barrier placed in the passageway between the 2 roads on the Crumbie side of the ground, she was quite badly hurt. Later, when we got into the Drogs another friend told me his girl friend had been injured by a man tripping over at the same barrier and landing on her. What are the club's H&S going to do about this, what are these black barriers for?
[/quote]
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I saw these barriers in the daylight at the Sale game. They are half hight 1m x1m IBC containers filled with water and linked together. I believe they are to stop vehicles driving up the pathway and hitting pedestrians as a security measure. However these are black with no fluorescent markings. So good idea but poor implementation.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I would suggest that the issues that you have mentioned regarding the black barriers be emailed to the club to ensure that appropriate action can be taken.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:16 pm I would suggest that the issues that you have mentioned regarding the black barriers be emailed to the club to ensure that appropriate action can be taken.
Thanks Tigerbeat I have done that.