Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,18,19,20 & 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Season 2016/17

Post by trendylfj »

I have refrained from commenting on the 2 bars under the crumbie - sorry - south stand for some time but the staff found it difficult to cope even with a stand less than half full. We are back to youngsters who do not appear to have had much more than the barest training on what they are supposed do. Long queues in both bars, no-one for some time to do the refunds until the supervisor did it himself. He tried hard to get them to speed up without much success. I doubt if any of them go into pubs anywhere and so have no experience to draw on - not their fault. I am sure that they will get better with time but I look forward with much trepidation to the first real game.
Hehehehehehehehe
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Last night's service in the ABC was simply worrying. Simple addition & subtraction seems to be a problem. My friend took 3 glasses back, and only wanted 2 refilling in return. We got there eventually, but it doesn't bode well for the busy times.
However the beer was fine, and the staff were really pleasant!!!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

2 sausage rolls at £3 each charged £9, girlfriend queried the price and was told it was her first night and she wasn't being very nice. Not looking good for the future if this is the level of service...
cheers
Rich
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

It's only fair and balanced to compliment the Club on their improvement in the beer stakes, the Pitch Black in the Robin Hood stand bar (Little John and Friar Tuck next...?)on Friday night was Good to Very Good, or is that horse racing..? Anyway, t'was a decent pint so credit to 'em. :smt038

Now, the service. Note to Simon, come on, have a word. Rule 23 in the "How To Serve Customers" handbook (1953)says:

"When serving customers it is often advisable to look past the immediate customer to the queue beyond. These people are waiting to be served, that is why they are in the queue that you have just lengthened. If it is more than 10 people long it is a good idea to speed up what you are doing to try to give the impression that (a) you know what you are doing, and (b) that you are as interested in serving them as you are in talking to your friend."

Tigers Quiz:
Q1: why does there need to be 2 staff at each till and only 1 pulling pre-poured pints at the back?

Q2: why do Supervisors look glum pulling pints at the back instead of supervising what other staff are not doing?

No prizes for correct answers, all entries on a Postcard to Centreplace Catering at........

:smt005
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Service in the Final Whistle on the seating side of the Holland & Barrett stand pre-match was diabolical - took us about 20 minutes to get served.

I'm putting this down to there not being any pre-poured pints available - which I'm guessing was done due to the size of the crowd. Hopefully service will improve for the Wasps game and the pre-poured pints will return.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Must compliment the chef responsible for the food in the Try Line club. Last Friday the Chef's special was exceptional if this standard continues throughout the season then I will put loads of weight on or have to change my fitness programme. Well done.
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

BirstallBrian wrote:Well AlphaWise Owl, I wish we were knocking on an open door but we ain't. The thread is fine, however short or long, but I doubt it's read by people with authority to do anything about it. Or the desire. But then again, having wasted my time in a meeting on this subject with the aforementioned CE this time last season I can't say I'm holding out for much change. Believe in optimism, live in the real world.

:smt031
Rest assured Comrades, we have it on good authority - straight from the horse's mouth - all will improve: CentrePlace catering have appointed a new management team for this season, Tigers management meet weekly with them, take regular fans' feedback, read the fans' forum, and are committed to providing the best customer service. Believe in Fairies, live in the real world.
:smt036
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Hopeless today. Waited a good 20 minutes to get served in the final whistle.
Asked for 2 halves of lager and a pint of Guiness.
I was then asked what is lager!!!
Not which lager but "WHAT IS LAGER"!

You couldn't make it up
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

A number of catering suits (Male and Female) outside the lounge thingy under the Crumbie before kick off having a concerned huddle. I pointed out there were no pints of Tiger pre-poured. Took me three goes to make them understand what I meant; then a light appeared to go on and two headed towrds the bar
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Dear Lord, that was atrocious on Saturday. Like you couldn't believe bar service could be so poor.

Can't blame the large crowd as it was atrocious even when there were no crowds earlier. Took 5 minutes for four people to serve me a pint of Guinness - an ordeal that involved being charged £6.10, having to explain that £4.10 + £1.00 = £5.10, moving till because "the till must be playing up if it told me £6.10", another member of staff going elsewhere to get a Guinness, another bar member trying to take said Guinness to give to someone else, someone else asking "are you waiting...?" (my answer of yes, but I'm being served seemed to confuse her!), then someone else taking my money, a good time after the first one told me it was £6.10, then changed her mind, then forgot to ask me for money.

What's this now..? Seven consecutive years of Centreplate ineptitude at the start of the season? It'll stay :censored: until about December, someone at Tigers will realise it's :censored:, then it will get better.

Then it will be :censored: again next September. Rinse and repeat.

It would change if anyone cared enough.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

As I'd cycled 80 miles around the country in the morning I didn't arrive at the ground until just before kick-off and after seeing the size of the queues in the H&B stand decided against joining them and took my seat.

Ventured to the bar around 15 minutes into the game to find the queues had gone and the staff were so busy pre-pouring pints for the half-time rush they failed to even acknowledge they had a paying punter. I eventually had to ask if someone could serve me - and the supervisor had to call someone to help.

After grabbing a bite to eat at half-time I went back to the bar and was served fairly promptly with two pints that appeared to have been poured sometime last season not since the game had started - I know was drinking Heineken so wasn't expecting the best pint but it was bad.

The next match I'll be able to have a drink at will be the game against Racing at the end of October, so let's hope there's an improvement over the next 6 or so weeks.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:The next match I'll be able to have a drink at will be the game against Racing at the end of October, so let's hope there's an improvement over the next 6 or so weeks.
There won't be any significant improvement trust me.

Likewise I couldn't get to the pub before the game and likewise couldn't be @rsed to queue up 5-10 minutes before kick off as they were 7-8 deep and not moving particularly quick (Final Whistle pitch side). Dipped out of the stands a couple of minutes before half time and sure enough there was much of a queue. Service a bit slow, it appears they had to change the cask barrel so they had to poured. Kid doing the pouring looked like he thought the pump was going to explode any second. But I got my two pints easy enough. Also had a chicken balti pie that wasn't cheap but was filling and tasty.

I shall use the bar on occasion as it suits me but expect it to continue to be a trial even at the best of times.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Iain wrote:Dear Lord, that was atrocious on Saturday. Like you couldn't believe bar service could be so poor.

Can't blame the large crowd as it was atrocious even when there were no crowds earlier. Took 5 minutes for four people to serve me a pint of Guinness - an ordeal that involved being charged £6.10, having to explain that £4.10 + £1.00 = £5.10, moving till because "the till must be playing up if it told me £6.10", another member of staff going elsewhere to get a Guinness, another bar member trying to take said Guinness to give to someone else, someone else asking "are you waiting...?" (my answer of yes, but I'm being served seemed to confuse her!), then someone else taking my money, a good time after the first one told me it was £6.10, then changed her mind, then forgot to ask me for money.

What's this now..? Seven consecutive years of Centreplate ineptitude at the start of the season? It'll stay :censored: until about December, someone at Tigers will realise it's :censored:, then it will get better.

Then it will be :censored: again next September. Rinse and repeat.

It would change if anyone cared enough.
I'm beginning to think it must be a marketing ploy from Guinness - they must be planning to bring back the "Guinness is worth waiting for!" advertising. The Club ran out of all other plausible excuses some while ago. (I wonder if the service is any quicker if you order a prawn sarnie with a G&T?)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

If you're suggesting that the service in the Try Line Club and the Clubhouse are much quicker I imagine they are, since the club care about the service in there. I strongly suspect that the exclusive areas are their priority. I know Bill W (God rest his cantankerous soul) shared this view strongly.
benn

Post by benn »

We sit in the Crumbie and are Guinness drinkers (x4), as such we only have the option of purchasing from the far bar in the ABC as Pitch Black is served from the 2 open air bars (reason being, the club informs me, is that they receive a higher profit from it).
Getting served is a complete nightmare and i echo the comments of the pre-poured bitter mentioned earlier, it looked awful.
We used to have 3 pints a game, this has been reduced to 2 due to the challenge of getting served, if this translates to other drinkers then the club surely suffers......