Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,18,19,20 & 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Season 2016/17

Post by strawclearer »

Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium will include an in-house bakery and a micro-brewery with a new beer delivery system which will enable staff to deliver 10,000 pints per minute. :smt010 (Only cost £750m!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
peterdouglas

Post by peterdouglas »

At Least during and after the shambles on Saturday we could get served quicker, as most of the fans left after 60 minutes. Those that is that bothered to turn up at all. There is no way the official attendance at over 19000 is correct, it was dead.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

That figure included 13000 season ticket holders, most of whom did not turn up. Think that most of the rest were Warriors fans.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

I must confess we were two season ticket holders who didn't go to the match on Saturday. I must also confess I'm :censored: glad we didn't!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

I'm a season ticket holder and I was there...

...until half time. 0-31 and no sign of scoring, especially with Freddie not having his kicking boots on. Saved 15 minutes on my drive home not having to drive through all the other cars leaving at full time. Listened to the 2nd half on RL. Steve and Bleddyn were just stunned.

I would say that the number of people in the ground was around 15,000.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Yesterday, Mrs BeeJ went to get a cup of tea from one of the counters under the H&B Stand at approx. 14.10. One till was out of action because someone was being trained how to use it ... AT 50 MINUTES BEFORE KICK-OFF!

Just how much further is the incompetence of the general catering at Welford Road going to sink before some action is taken? I did not spend one penny at the ground yesterday and I will not until matters improve considerably.
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Did any body else try and use the ABC bar after the Glaws game on Saturday?

We got a pint and sat down and were then asked to leave as they were closing the bar.

Apparently only the final whistle will be open after matches now and all other bars will stop serving 15 mins before the end of the match.

Absolutely fuming as we go to the ABC because it doesn't have a band and we can sit and warm up after the match.

Not impressed at all, anyone else get this in any of the other bars other than the final whistle?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

watsonjm wrote:Did any body else try and use the ABC bar after the Glaws game on Saturday?

We got a pint and sat down and were then asked to leave as they were closing the bar.

Apparently only the final whistle will be open after matches now and all other bars will stop serving 15 mins before the end of the match.

Absolutely fuming as we go to the ABC because it doesn't have a band and we can sit and warm up after the match.

Not impressed at all, anyone else get this in any of the other bars other than the final whistle?
How did you get a pint if they closed the bar 15 minutes before the end of the game?

I heard them say on the tannoy all the bars would be shutting apart from the Final Whistle and "the Gallery" where ever that is. And I'm not one for picking up such details so it must have been fairly clear.

Personally I never hang around after the match anyway. Either I head straight or go to a proper boozer.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Well - that's our custom gone. We usually stop for a few in the ABC - wasn't there on Saturday but will be for Bristol and won't be at all impressed if the bar is shut.

I think I may head over to where the Board goes and gatecrash. I can't wait for when the BT crowd set up for the post-match interviews - the atmos should be really good with no-one behind the pundits except me and young Strawclearer with our placards..."Mine's an empty glass"..."Tigers Prohibition"...etc etc etc

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

It was a non televised game and afterwards the England match was being shown in the Final Whistle.....guess that this was a one off. Expect the BT afer match discussions to continue in the ABC bar.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

ourla wrote:
watsonjm wrote:Did any body else try and use the ABC bar after the Glaws game on Saturday?

How did you get a pint if they closed the bar 15 minutes before the end of the game?

I heard them say on the tannoy all the bars would be shutting apart from the Final Whistle and "the Gallery" where ever that is. And I'm not one for picking up such details so it must have been fairly clear.

Personally I never hang around after the match anyway. Either I head straight or go to a proper boozer.
Notice I used 'Apparently' at the start of the sentence.....
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Tigerbeat wrote:It was a non televised game and afterwards the England match was being shown in the Final Whistle.....guess that this was a one off. Expect the BT afer match discussions to continue in the ABC bar.

We were told it would be all matches going forward. Cost saving by shutting down the bars around the ground other than Final whistle.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

watsonjm wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:It was a non televised game and afterwards the England match was being shown in the Final Whistle.....guess that this was a one off. Expect the BT afer match discussions to continue in the ABC bar.

We were told it would be all matches going forward. Cost saving by shutting down the bars around the ground other than Final whistle.
Here we go. Down the slope many predicted. Poor service leads to reduced custom, leads to cuts in service, leads to reduced custom... Welford Road will end up being "dry".
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Is there any bar facility in the Nottingham Building Society stand that is open to the general supporters, other than the kiosks?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Tiger beat - not sure. I've never been allowed to walk through the new stand, before during or after a match