Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,18,19,20 & 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Season 2016/17

Post by LE18 »

No, I think that is the permanent situation and what's more, that hatch isn't open after the game so no guinness, only that horrible black stuff! No seats either! :smt022
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Are they trying to franchise Guinness out?
Pitch Black - to give it it's full monecker - is brewed by Everards. Guinness ain't. Pitch Black cheaper, more profit.

Does that mean they're trying to franchise it out...? Well we wouldn't be surprised.

Onwards and Upwards.

Soon be Christmas. Hooraaaay...!!!!

Saracens on New Year's Day - wicked timing, thick heads a'fore the match, thicker ones after. Will Cockers still be in charge by then...

:smt031
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

If someone does read this and goes over my previous post, they will quickly realise that I do give credit where credit is due.
1. yes you now have enough staff in the Crumbie lounge.
2. yes you now prepull enough beer.
3. yes the waiting time is no longer a problem,
4. NO - THE TIGER AND THE FOSTERS WERE VERY POOR QUALITY ON SUNDAY.
5. Don't believe that it was tiger and I drink Tiger most the time - tasted more like Beacon a cheaper beer brewed by Everards
6. Not just my opinion but was the opinion of many standing around - much too cold as well.
7. One of my group actually took his Fosters back is was that bad.
8. Why no Heineken???? I believe it is available in the final Whistle
9. When I asked the man running the bar he said "it isn't a Heineken cup game and we only serve that when it is" Someone needs to tell him that the HC was finished 2 years ago
Hehehehehehehehe
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Good Lord it was bad on Saturday!

I was charged £19.90 for two pints and a wine, returning four cups. I expressed surprise and was angrily told "well if you'll hang on a minute I've got to do the cup returns as a separate transaction ACTUALLY". And was charged £15.90. I pointed out this still wasn't right, so the uppity young upstart got her boss who bustled about while I did the maths for him. When I pointed out I'd quite like them to get a move on so I could watch the match I was told to stop being "impatient and aggressive". No - I was cross. Aggression is something very different.

So having concluded I was correct all along, I was charged £11.90.

It's not just the service, it's the creeping arrogance and disdain for the customer that is grating as well now. The Facebook page showed examples of the appalling way in which the beer is served and was full of people with anecdotes of poor service.

But again, if anyone cared enough this would have been sorted five years ago. It's a laughing stock.
DigDag

Post by DigDag »

I've noticed there is an on-going thread on the forum regarding the frequent disturbances from supporters paying visits to the bar during the games. A visit to the bar is usually followed by a visit to the toilet! I stand on the terrace and prefer to my drinking before and after the game. I am all in favour of people enjoying themselves but too often I find myself standing close to groups of people who spend the entire game chatting, drinking and looking at their phones. They pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to the game itself . . . until they need to express their expert opinion on something they haven't even seen. I'm just wondering why they bother. Anyway, getting to the point, I'd just like to offer a bit of support to the previous member. There is a big difference between being angry and being aggressive. I work in a prison, I should know! I arrived early on Saturday to secure a good position on the terrace, only to be faced with hordes of "supporters" turning up after kick-off expecting the security staff to find them a decent position. I felt that my protests were being met with the same response, that I was being aggressive and not simply angry. I'm over 6ft tall, so the disturbance (which went on for several minutes) was less intrusive for me than for those standing around me who I could see were growing increasingly frustrated. I know it was a big game, but the attitude of some staff (not to mention that of the latecomers) can be very disrespectful at times. I hate to say it, but the "policing" and monitoring of numbers in individual areas does seem to be handled more efficiently at Franklin's Gardens.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I have to agree with this forum and the posts on facebook that Saturday was an all time low in the Final Whistle. It actually felt as though the staff had just given up after the game.

There was a Supervisor / Bouncer looking chap that closed the bar on pitch side while I was trying to get served! He just insisted that I should go round the other side as there were 12 servers working round there and he wanted to close that side. I was the only one waiting - would it really have killed them just to serve the only person waiting and then close.

So not wishing to argue with a brick wall I followed his order and waited about 15 minutes at the front of the queue to get served on the other side of the same bar while they messed up order after order. The chap next to me wanted a G&T and they were out of gin, so he said OK I'll have a Bourbon, to which the server said what's that. Asked for a red wine to find that they were out of that too, so settled for a small bottle of Rose which was supplied with a pint glass!

They could serve twice as many people if they got the orders right first time.

Still its not like we are paying premium prices.............
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I must defend the catering in the Try Line club with the possible exception of cost. They are very overpriced in compared to what you can get in the rest of the ground, however the service is excellent and I have never waited more than about 7 minutes from ordering to having the food in front of me, but please can we bring back real crockery i.e. proper plates.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Club still serving excesively short measures - time to bring in Trading Standards!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Northenlad wrote:Club still serving excesively short measures - time to bring in Trading Standards!
Time to stop patronising this insult to the club's fans. I feel sorry and embarrassed for the away fans who travel to what once wanted to be the best club in the world, or Europe at least, only to be treated like an insignificant nobody.

Still, they make money they don't don't have to work for, so that's alright then isn't it.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

For what good it might do, I've just initiated an e-petition here. Please feel to free to sign it.
Last edited by BeeJ on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

For what good it might do, I've just initiated an e-petition here. Please free to free to sign it.

For what it's worth BeeJ I admire your optimism, but it will be water off a duck's back, and that's an insult to ducks. That said, I will sign it and I hope many more do too. Don't get your hopes up.

Two season's ago I raised this with Cohen, waste of time, patronising, condescending, more interested in looking at his phone than taking part in the meeting: him, Lorna Horne, some geezer whizz kid from the caterer's. Promised all sorts of improvements. Little changed, back to square one at the start of this season. I raised it again with Lorna Horne, Head of Customer Services, patronising letter telling me that it was always a problem at the start of the season but staff would be trained and things would get better.

Judge for ourselves can't we. Waste of space. :smt019 they are not interested, as long as enough fans buy the beer they'll carry on.
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

I don't get the opportunity to go to Welford Road as much as I used to anymore, but it always surprises me how bad the bar staff are every time I do - the last time being the Saracens game, where it appeared that the person who served us had literally just walked in off the street and was making it up as he went along. He looked about twelve, poor lad, and got no help from the other 5 or 6 people stood behind the bar doing absolutely sod all.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

What a contrast at Wasps.

In the fan zone before the game the bar I used had 4 tills set up temporary bar positioned in front of the fixed bar. Each till was manned by by a person taking the order and payment before filling the order from the beers being constantly pulled and stacked ready to serve on the bar behind. Result, fast and efficient service. Simples :smt023

It was also a lot cheaper than Tigers. No wonder they had 28k at the game.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The catering in the stadium was very slick too. Very quick service for a pie and chips before the game. Decent quality too.

They were also using cheap young temps. What's our excuse?
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

There is no excuse, although the Head of Customer Services and Cohen manage to dream up some pathetic attempts at some :smt013. What's been described here is exactly my experience at last season's Tigers league match at the Ricoh - young staff, obviously adequately trained, quick, organised, cheerful, know what they're doing, and just as many fans in the ground as at Welford Corporate Road. Wot queues...?

Keyboard Warrior speaks again :smt025