Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,18,19,20 & 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,2018 & 2019/20

Post by Coops »

I got refused entry to the Robin Hood plaza area yesterday on the grounds that we didn't sit in that stand!!!

Every game this season, me and kids have entered in corner of Breedon / Robin Hood stands then gone into the plaza under the Robin Hood for burgers and drinks. We stand and eat there before going upto the Breedon stand. Gobsmacked was not the words, I very nearly lost my rag with the spotty 12yo steward, but kept it together and walked off.

No where else do they check whether you sit in that particular stand? I thought fans / supporters had pretty much free reign throughout the stadium?

Do they check on the entrance to the Breedon? No
Do they check where you sit when you enter the ABC Bar? No
If I want pizza from the H&B plaza, can I not get it unless I sit in the H&B stand?

Ridiculous. I've sent a snotty email to the club to complain.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Truefollower wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:11 pm stood at the 3rd half bar today for 20 minutes with just 2 people in front of me observing the slowest most uninterested server ever. then noticed on the price screen the company's mission statement of Cashless, Queue less, Fuss less. should change it to cashless, Clueless, Useless, and to compound my dissatisfaction when to the final whistle where they had ran out of Tiger and Guiness on the Xmas game …………….Why?
We were told same on Saturday, but after expressing our disappointment, Guiness was eventually discovered. I think that later in the day they are very reluctant to change a barrel, they had told us they only had Lager and Cider.
Tonight at A team Match, we couldn't get any food at half time and nothing to drink after, that included chocolate and coffee.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Coops wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:18 pm I got refused entry to the Robin Hood plaza area yesterday on the grounds that we didn't sit in that stand!!!

Every game this season, me and kids have entered in corner of Breedon / Robin Hood stands then gone into the plaza under the Robin Hood for burgers and drinks. We stand and eat there before going upto the Breedon stand. Gobsmacked was not the words, I very nearly lost my rag with the spotty 12yo steward, but kept it together and walked off.

No where else do they check whether you sit in that particular stand? I thought fans / supporters had pretty much free reign throughout the stadium?

Do they check on the entrance to the Breedon? No
Do they check where you sit when you enter the ABC Bar? No
If I want pizza from the H&B plaza, can I not get it unless I sit in the H&B stand?

Ridiculous. I've sent a snotty email to the club to complain.

I hope you get a reply and can update us. Similar issues have been raised at the supporters forum for a number of years. Effectively there is/has been a divergence of opinion between the saftey officer and the other staff at the club over whether we are allowed "free movement" between stands or not. The case for the other three stands is firmly in the positive because capacity (and exit routs etc) have been assessed as a combined area. The Robin Hood stand is not so clear cut, hence the ongoing to and fro over whether this is allowed or not.

I wonder whether the argument has swung back to the "ticketed only" side or whether this was just a steward getting things slightly confused.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Had an initial response from the club, edited below

The Robin Hood stand has never been accessible to any fans who don’t have tickets for that particular stand, so I am unsure as to how you have been able to get into that stand in the past. The steward was following the correct matchday procedure. Was the steward rude to you on matchday?

When the Robin Hood stand was built, the club was advised to block the stand off to restrict movement within the stadium to help manage safety.
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

Bristol match

Went to buy 2 teas under the A&L Stand before the game - unbelievably slow queue - when we got to the front it became obvious what the issue was - staff talking to colleagues before addressing and, would you believe, serving the paying customer. Their customer service training was a total embarrassment to their employer - the staff had clearly been told to 'go out there and do your best'.
To cap it off, there were no milk jiggers available at that station or at another one I went to. Shameful - do Tigers pay the caterers or do we just levy a commission on turnover? Either way, it is disgraceful value.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

cpwhelan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:38 pm Bristol match

Went to buy 2 teas under the A&L Stand before the game - unbelievably slow queue - when we got to the front it became obvious what the issue was - staff talking to colleagues before addressing and, would you believe, serving the paying customer. Their customer service training was a total embarrassment to their employer - the staff had clearly been told to 'go out there and do your best'.
To cap it off, there were no milk jiggers available at that station or at another one I went to. Shameful - do Tigers pay the caterers or do we just levy a commission on turnover? Either way, it is disgraceful value.
Tea, Tea? Whats that? what's wrong with Guinness, you are letting the Irish down, shame on you! :smt046 :smt052
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Today I decided to test Coops access problem and went from Crumbie / Breedon into the Notts and used the adjacent Gents toilet without any problem, much easier than the congested Crumbie Gents.
So we now have the new caterers in place and the cashless systems ~ Is there an improvement?
Well despite some of the same staff I feel those in the ABC bar & lounge are much better, the hand pulled Copper Ale is being pulled well ~ often after supporters instructions! and the additional seating is proving a success.
The Maro Itoje look alike in the ABC really seems to motivate his staff and solve any problems.
However I still find it unbearable that this seasons plastic "stackable" mugs are designed for 500ml and not the full pint, hence like an increasing number of season ticket holders I bring the last seasons Tiger pint pots with a sightline and ensure the server deducts the £1 deposit off every time. Others want the 2 pint pots bringing back but many still complain about the small plastic pots. I would be interested on comments in other bars and the catering ~ especially hospitality too. :smt023
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The problem with the Robin Hood stand is that if everyone in that area (when it is full) comes down to the concourse it becomes overcrowded ans exceeds the numbers permitted by the insurers. When the stand first opened I went through at the end of a match and reported to the club that it was unsafe, others had complained and I believe that there had been a couple of accidents as people tried to duck under low beams to get round the crowd and misjudged how tall they were.
I agree completely about the stackable cups and have complained many times, I suggest others do the same, I really don't accept we are getting a full pint.
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

I think the wait times and service has definitely improved this year. I also like the seating in the ABC bar/lounge and I have just had a look at last years pint pot and this years. Last year has the sight line about 4mm below the brim. A pint in last years pot filled to the sight line does fit in this years but is full to the brim. OK for cider but anything with a head will be a bit below a pint. Within the law I believe? I wouldn’t mind bigger pint pots but do like the handles on them. I also think pricing is reasonable when compared to other venues. I certainly has a better time buying a pint this week than I had last week at HQ. I think things have improved over the last couple of years.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

In off the field news. There has obviously been a significant change in the catering and bar service. I haven't seen a single complaint on here for months!

I'll get my coat......
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Haven't you heard, it's under new management :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Louis

Post by Louis »

I've complained that they don't deliver...
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

Well I must say Saturdays service was excellent. Went straight the fridge errr bar and got a cold Guinness without having to wait. Half time snacks all good, good value to boot.

Truth be told I miss having to queue in the ABC bar, being served slightly undersized pints, card readers pretending my card is no good etc etc. All is forgiven, I will never complain again just let all this end and let me go back to enjoying my Saturdays at WR!
Last edited by dpoc74 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Let's hope this is something else that improves.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I have to say, there's been no issues with short measures, queuing times, sold out stock or a general sense of being ripped off so far this season.