This Season's European Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

doublecarpet

Re: This Season's European Fixtures

Post by doublecarpet »

Yes, as facial, if not worse that it's always been. How hard can it be.....?
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

All the European fixtures are here:

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... 7Ai5KS0jcs

I would have thought they should have been added to the Tigers Fixture list by now, even if only to indicate which weekends they will be.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Fixtures (dates) have been up since the draw, it's the fact it takes an unacceptable amount of time to publish the actual games on those dates that is the issue.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:All the European fixtures are here:

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... 7Ai5KS0jcs

I would have thought they should have been added to the Tigers Fixture list by now, even if only to indicate which weekends they will be.
The 'blank' weekends in the Tigers fixture Table are clearly left for the European games. What we need to know are the details of which day we play; opposition; KO times and whether it is a home or away fixture. Of those, knowing which weekend is a home fixture would suffice for me for now. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

It is a massive joke we do not have a proper fixture list yet....do we even have a set date of when we are going to get this?
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Seriously .... What is the issue, they have announced which weekends the games are being played.

Firstly they need to arrange games in at least seven countries ( allowing for the challenge cup ) , factor in when a local football team are playing so the game doesn't clash, factor in Tv companies schedules, factor in referee's schedules , factor in guessing who will progress, so the final weekend games aren't dead rubbers.
DigDag

Post by DigDag »

Well, speaking for myself, I would like to reply that the issue is that some of us are employed in shift work which entails working unsociable hours (Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays). The sooner the fixtures are announced the sooner I can negotiate with my work colleagues to swap shifts to suit me and, in return, my colleagues who might need days off for different reasons. Given and take. There is little point me asking anyone just a few days away from a fixture date. I fully accept some of your comments (TV schedules, other sports, etc) but try to spare a thought for those who need these fixtures announced for genuine reasons. After all, European rugby competition has been around for 20 years now, they haven't just thought this one up.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I made an enquiry the other week and it was indicated that they should be available in a couple of weeks time......this is the week that I would expect them to appear.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

dunks43 wrote:Seriously .... What is the issue, they have announced which weekends the games are being played.

Firstly they need to arrange games in at least seven countries ( allowing for the challenge cup ) , factor in when a local football team are playing so the game doesn't clash, factor in Tv companies schedules, factor in referee's schedules , factor in guessing who will progress, so the final weekend games aren't dead rubbers.
As DigDag says, there are lots of people needing fixtures details well in advance if they are to plan things so that they get to see the games they have paid for. Clubs also need to have information for forward planning as already outlined.

There is an issue and the planners have already had several months to sort fixture details, at least to the point where we know which weekends we will be at home. It's not rocket science. TV companies will have within their agreements dates by which their 'wishes' for scheduling need to be agreed and refs already know the weekends they are required if not where.

Tigers thought they would have the information weeks ago which strongly suggest that something has gone wrong somewhere. :smt009
Last edited by Noggs on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

dunks43 wrote:Seriously .... What is the issue, they have announced which weekends the games are being played.

Ah thats great then..We can just book flights and travel to every City then and go to the ones where the game is :smt030
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just been in contact with the Club to ask with regards to actual fixtures and they are expected out very soon.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

The Web site I accessed shown in a post here, only tells you when the fixtures are being played, given the blank dates in the diary we could have pretty much guessed that, it doesn't tell you who we are playing on which date. Does anyone have that information.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Noddy555 wrote:The Web site I accessed shown in a post here, only tells you when the fixtures are being played, given the blank dates in the diary we could have pretty much guessed that, it doesn't tell you who we are playing on which date. Does anyone have that information.
Don't you read any of the other posts? (What happened to that banging your head against a brick wall emoticon?)

We've all known the weekends of the European competitions since at least the end of June. We are being kept waiting primarily by the TV companies whilst they try and work out what fixtures will be played when in order to give them the maximum revenue.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

JackFlashJonny wrote:

Ah thats great then..We can just book flights and travel to every City then and go to the ones where the game is :smt030

Or could just book tickets when the fixtures are announced
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

Good point Dunks43, do you know when that is please?? Cheers